Post by Skub »

I'm still none the wiser. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Greenman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:52 pm Working over in Minehead this week...i have never been to that area before and was expecting a bustling seaside resort...NO!

Everything shuts down at 4pm, a lot of the pubs stop serving food at 4 and none of the fish and chip shops except the shitty tourist ones on the seafront are open till 5pm! It's pretty dead except a few drunk chavs in the seafront pubs!

It is also chav central, and this is coming from someone who was brought up in Kingswood in Bristol!

Back there for the next 3 days....Local bakery is good though which is right next to the academy i am working in....:)

Gonna hang around for the 5pm chip shop the locals have rec'ed me tomorrow and eat on seafront...:)

#12 hour working days this week!
If you like Chinese food, there's an amazing place either in or near Minehead. I'll try find it's exact location if you're interested.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Greenman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:52 pm Working over in Minehead this week...i have never been to that area before and was expecting a bustling seaside resort...NO!

Everything shuts down at 4pm, a lot of the pubs stop serving food at 4 and none of the fish and chip shops except the shitty tourist ones on the seafront are open till 5pm! It's pretty dead except a few drunk chavs in the seafront pubs!

It is also chav central, and this is coming from someone who was brought up in Kingswood in Bristol!

Back there for the next 3 days....Local bakery is good though which is right next to the academy i am working in....:)

Gonna hang around for the 5pm chip shop the locals have rec'ed me tomorrow and eat on seafront...:)

Found the info! I'm heading to work now, so here you go -

https://www.ziangs35a.com/menu

They close at 18:00!!

But, highly recommended by loads of people I know - and I use one of their books for Chinese Takeaway recipes at home :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Inspired by the cool-kids I saw whilst we were away last week, and seeing as it's a lovely hot day, I just nipped into town on the motorcycle whilst wearing shorts.

It was lovely - but I have I habit of sometimes resting my right leg on the clutch cover when I'm pulling away in car parks etc. It was rather toasty setting off to come back home...
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Noggin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:14 am

Found the info! I'm heading to work now, so here you go -

https://www.ziangs35a.com/menu

They close at 18:00!!

But, highly recommended by loads of people I know - and I use one of their books for Chinese Takeaway recipes at home :D :D
Cheers might check that put friday...:)

Not the biggest fab of Chinese but worth a try while im down here...:)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Greenman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:40 pm
Cheers might check that put friday...:)

Not the biggest fab of Chinese but worth a try while im down here...:)
It's not bog standard Chinese takeaway, so definitely worth a try!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Made my boss feel sick cos I stayed at work after I fell over on the gravel area there!! :lol:

This is the dried up version! When he came back from a lesson and it was still a bit wet and oozy he was nearly sick :lol: :lol:

Going to be a bit of a challenge to go pillion next week if this isn't healed up - of course it's on the bad knee, so that's currently a bit stiff and grumpy :( :(

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Jet washed a rug.

Never realised you could, until the dog puked on it, stinking the house out.....

If that doesn't get rid of the stench, then that's a fucking expensive rug going down the tip.... :(
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:06 pm Jet washed a rug.

Never realised you could, until the dog puked on it, stinking the house out.....

If that doesn't get rid of the stench, then that's a fucking expensive rug going down the tip.... :(
I did that once with a rug that was something like 6x4m, hence wanting to save it...

Best of luck :thumbup:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

While you are at it, get rid of the dog too.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Went out on the Zed for a couple of hours,it seems ages since i rode it,as the weather has been so rubbish.I gave the garage a bit of a tidy when I came back. It's the first day in a long time I could do stuff outside without the risk of rain.

49 years between them!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

There's a whole YouTube channel dedicated to it, cause or course there is.

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Skub wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:15 pm Went out on the Zed for a couple of hours,it seems ages since i rode it,as the weather has been so rubbish.I gave the garage a bit of a tidy when I came back. It's the first day in a long time I could do stuff outside without the risk of rain.

49 years between them!
Nice... washboard.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:16 pm
Skub wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:15 pm Went out on the Zed for a couple of hours,it seems ages since i rode it,as the weather has been so rubbish.I gave the garage a bit of a tidy when I came back. It's the first day in a long time I could do stuff outside without the risk of rain.

49 years between them!
Nice... washboard.
He's in a skiffle group :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

We all traipsed up to Gremlinette's school to collect her A-level results.

She got an A, B & B, vs. the predicted 3 x A from last year's mocks. :(

Seems like a lot of her schoolmates are in a similar situation as well. One of her friends is a bit of a brainiac (his name is Huxley, ffs. You know he's gonna be smart! :D ) and he's come crashing down to Earth with B, B & C.

Anyhow, after a mini meltdown she logged onto to UCAS and found out her first choice uni, Manchester, has confirmed her place, so all's kinda good in the end. We did consider appealing as some marks were just short of the next grade, but all a bit of a moot point.

Next big stress in the Gremlin household is whether of not she goes 'Oop North' or not.

Jeez. I need a lay down now....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:49 am We all traipsed up to Gremlinette's school to collect her A-level results.

Seems like a lot of her schoolmates are in a similar situation as well. One of her friends is a bit of a brainiac (his name is Huxley, ffs. You know he's gonna be smart! :D ) and he's come crashing down to Earth with B, B & C.

Anyhow, after a mini meltdown she logged onto to UCAS and found out her first choice uni, Manchester, has confirmed her place, so all's kinda good in the end. We did consider appealing as some marks were just short of the next grade, but all a bit of a moot point.

Next big stress in the Gremlin household is whether of not she goes 'Oop North' or not.

Bloody wrong o' t'Pennines :(
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:57 am
Bloody wrong o' t'Pennines :(
They still eat people your side don't they?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:49 am
My step-son only just scraped C, C & E despite him giving it Billy-big-bollocks - Portsmouth have still accepted him for Politics though!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:49 am We all traipsed up to Gremlinette's school to collect her A-level results.

The only reason to worry about her A levels is to worry about getting into the Uni she wants...and she's in now, so job jobbed :thumbup:

No one is ever gonna ask again IME.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

There was a time when 2B's and a C would have got you into a decent Uni, now it seems anything less than straight A's is a tad disappointing. (eg 2B's and a C ie 'crashing down to earth' would have got you into Bristol to do Physics as long as the C wasn't Maffs).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire