What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Demannu wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:42 pm
Noggin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:42 am Made three cheesecakes - a big one for a bbq later, a sensible sized one to take to work tomorrow and a mini one for me :D :D

And, some beef satay skewers for the bbq - going to take some of the satay sauce too incase anyone fancies trying that :D

Now just working out some crochet stitch translation (got a US pattern and they buggers have different stitches with the same name :roll:) cos I want to make something for a friends little girl :D

Then off for a mooch around the car show :wub: :wub: :wub:
Pictures or it never happened!
Car rally/show or cheesecake!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Noggin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:26 pm
Demannu wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:42 pm
Noggin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:42 am Made three cheesecakes - a big one for a bbq later, a sensible sized one to take to work tomorrow and a mini one for me :D :D

And, some beef satay skewers for the bbq - going to take some of the satay sauce too incase anyone fancies trying that :D

Now just working out some crochet stitch translation (got a US pattern and they buggers have different stitches with the same name :roll:) cos I want to make something for a friends little girl :D

Then off for a mooch around the car show :wub: :wub: :wub:
Pictures or it never happened!
Car rally/show or cheesecake!! LOL
I know what a flipping capri looks like, show me the cake!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Demannu wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:40 pm
I know what a flipping capri looks like, show me the cake!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Medium one for work, mini one for me!!

Gurt one for the BBQ, but wrapped in clingfilm to transport to the chalet! It's got homemade lemon curd on the top :D

And beef satay skewers to go on the BBQ! :D

:bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Well bloody hell, I've been the coldest today that I've ever been in summer :o :o And it hasn't even snowed!!!

Although it is forecast overnight :o :o :o

Worse though, it's been wet and soggy all day (if not raining, grey and threatening to :roll:) which still feels bastard cold with a chill wind :(

To add to the mood, sunday is stupid day. and O.M.G. - today was "keep a grip, don't lose cool or temper" day - I barely succeeded!! :lol: :lol:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Noggin wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:12 pm Well bloody hell, I've been the coldest today that I've ever been in summer :o :o And it hasn't even snowed!!!
The last month for me has been three weeks in Ireland, rain every day. Five days in England, rain every day. Three days in France, rain every day. I was going to have a last night in France and camp in the Pyrenees but pissing rain meant I kept driving, through the Tunel de Somport and out into brilliant sunshine. I'm now at home and back to shorts, t-shirts and sandals for the next few weeks.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Walked into the garage this afternoon & had an immediate flashback. Just for a few seconds it smelled EXACTLY like a Kaw dealership did in 1978... which is odd because these bikes are a '95 & a '99. Took me right back to going to look at the new '78 Z1-R & thinking what a fucking awful looking bike it was. I still think that & I've owned 3 of them.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ok, THIS TIME I bought the winning lottery ticket (Tuesday, $1,550,000,000)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Made a terrible purchase...
Came home with something called "Tapatio Sausage Con Queso"

Good grief.. Do NOT buy this..
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:15 am Made a terrible purchase...
Came home with something called "Tapatio Sausage Con Queso"

Good grief.. Do NOT buy this..
I would say the same for this in case anyone is ever in Sainsburys and thinks they'll try an Indian dessert...

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Circumnavigated Donnington Park race circuit many times today, stayed dry too which was impressive as it was lashing down all afternoon an hour south according to SWMBO.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:30 am ok, THIS TIME I bought the winning lottery ticket (Tuesday, $1,550,000,000)
Bugger....

Some rat bastard in Florida won $1,580,000,000 (actually $783,300,000 cash, $493,000,000 after taxes etc)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Have just had a lovely lazy long lunch in the sun with my eldest, his OH and their two girls

We've just said our goodbyes, and we are now heading back to our hotel to get ready to fly home tonight ahead of them -has been fabulous quality family time for all of us :wub:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Finally got a new hidrofor fitted (pressure booster for the house water supply). There are 5 hotels around me (and my neighbours) that take all the water so at various times of the day I can literally have no water. We've been asking the council for years to install a bigger pipe to this part of the village but we've been ignored.

I had a hidrofor but it was old, noisy and hadn't worked properly for about 3 years - I used to work around the water supply issue but it's been much worse this year and I've got people staying from Saturday so I bit the bullet and got a complete new unit.

My niece arrived the night before last so yesterday I picked up the bits she'd brought over for me. Unlike most people who ask for bacon, and other pork products I got her to bring 24 toothbrushes and a dozen tubes of toothpaste :D and some Marmite of course. Other friends arrived last night and I believe I have some plain chocolate HobNobs waiting for me. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

It's been a busy couple of days, and the last two or 3 weeks have been 'different'. About 3 weeks ago I had a seriously painful muscle spasm in my left shoulder. A local chiropractor put something back in place and the pain slowly subsided.

I've had arthritis becoming an increasing issue in my left hip for a number of months and after slipping and falling on some wet marble steps last week I could hardly walk and took myself off to a private doctor for a diagnosis. I have an arthritic hip but will have a ceramic one next year I reckon.

So what have I done today I here you saying through your yawns? I managed to get M to the same doctor about her hip (worse than mine) and we found out that all the xrays we had are available on our phones through the e-nabiz system. Cool!

On my phone I can also access the CAT scan I had on my head in 2021!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Been pillion for the first time in (I think) over ten years!!! :D

A mate lives down south a bit and decided to come up for the weekend, so I said great - if I can go pillion :D

So I got the bus to the valley, met him for a coffee and pillioned to Bourg to get a pasty lunch and back up here. I have to leave my right arm hanging 'loose' to avoid any pain from bumps, and my holey knee does NOT like being a pillion (probably wouldn't like riding much either!! LOL)

But - damn it was good to be on a bike :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Woke up with the mother of all hangovers! Sat up late, drinking with the father-in-law, reminiscing about past holidays and travels. He's in his 80s and he must have done 2 bottles of red! I think I did the other 3! :sick:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Fitted new chain ring to step sons road bike, looks like he bumped up a kerb and bent the shit out of the teeth!

Indexed the derailleur all OK but a nightmare with front mech, turns out inner had worn through the outer under the bar tape - Amazon to the rescue again!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Went to the dump. Feckers have decided to do short hours in the summer. Brought it all home again. Made up for it by blitzing the front of the house of weeds n shit and made the pile higher, so at least the missus is happy.

Then g and ts.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:00 pm
On my phone I can also access the CAT scan I had on my head in 2021!
At least with it being a small file, it won’t take long to download. ;)
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:28 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:08 pm
Ant wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:01 pm Anyway, I had been to Tesco. Whilst getting a few bottles of wine in there, I noticed Bud Light was all stacked up at a remarkably low knock down price....hmmmm, wonder why?
Two employees now on a "leave of absence", I guess taking $6Billion off the value of the company has consequences...
Picked up a couple of cases at the weekend, £12 for 20 bottles, same price it was last year and it still tastes like weak fizzy piss.
Picked up another couple of cases, sure it's weak piss, but its low carb and perfect drinking for standing around the BBQ, especially as it's now down to 50p a bottle.

Long may AB make bad marketing choices :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-drinkingcheers: