Brutale 800rr

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Brutale 800rr

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:41 pm
weeksy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:27 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:51 pm
Wibble! :o Dont normally like bikes with graphics etc, but that looks absolutely bob on! 8-)
In some world where I win £5000000 maybe, but in the real world, nah.
Lesser model by far, but worth a£9.00 punt?

https://www.aspirecomps.co.uk/competiti ... 0-brutale/
I saw it but wasn't keen
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:51 pm
Wibble! :o Dont normally like bikes with graphics etc, but that looks absolutely bob on! 8-)

It's only a lesser model in the sense that it's missing some of the bling, in the real world it's every bit as good as the fancy pants one.

IMHO the 2018 RC that I had was the best looking of the bunch, and technically it hasn't moved on since then, so the newer ones just have different paint jobs. My mate had the bog standard Dragster and when we swapped bikes neither of us could tell the difference, except you knew you were on the RC so in your mind it felt a bit more special.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Harry wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am

It's only a lesser model in the sense that it's missing some of the bling, in the real world it's every bit as good as the fancy pants one.

IMHO the 2018 RC that I had was the best looking of the bunch, and technically it hasn't moved on since then, so the newer ones just have different paint jobs. My mate had the bog standard Dragster and when we swapped bikes neither of us could tell the difference, except you knew you were on the RC so in your mind it felt a bit more special.
I knew if I'd just said there's one here, pedantry would have ensued and someone would have said it was a council house model or suchlike! :roll: :D I'd love to own any model, but too rich for me tbh. Also I'm kinda quitting biking as such, although if I did win that one, i'd wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

First time I saw one, well a pair of them actually, was in Harwich when I was on a bike run to support the Essex air ambulance. It literally stopped me in in my tracks. Only other bike to do that was the 916. I used to have a picture you posted on your one as my laptop wall paper. :thumbup:
Claude

Post by Claude »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:29 am
Harry wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am

I knew if I'd just said there's one here, pedantry would have ensued and someone would have said it was a council house model or suchlike! :roll: :D I'd love to own any model, but too rich for me tbh. Also I'm kinda quitting biking as such, although if I did win that one, i'd wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

First time I saw one, well a pair of them actually, was in Harwich when I was on a bike run to support the Essex air ambulance. It literally stopped me in in my tracks. Only other bike to do that was the 916. I used to have a picture you posted on your one as my laptop wall paper. :thumbup:
The RC is gorgeous in either the dragster or brutale flavours! I knew I was buying my rr version the moment I saw it! Mine was just under £8k...

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

How loud are the standard pipes?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 am How loud are the standard pipes?
I think they're fruity but they must be legal for the bike to have passed UK testing?
Skub

Post by Skub »

MV sure know how to style a bike. It must be the best looking naked out there by a good margin.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Claude

Post by Claude »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 am How loud are the standard pipes?
Compared to the SC, Silent.

I have a vid, 2 secs....
Claude

Post by Claude »

Vs

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Love the deeper tone off the SC pipe .... i take it you will need a friendly MOT tester when the time comes :thumbup:
Claude

Post by Claude »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm Love the deeper tone off the SC pipe .... i take it you will need a friendly MOT tester when the time comes :thumbup:
It's so loud it was embarrassing and was welcoming a tug, so I've put the std back on. I reckon the SC with a baffle would be perfect but none available so would need to be fabricated and go into the link pipe. I may still do this...
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Loud sounds nice but will make you shift early, well it did with me, quiet life best.👍
Yamaha rocket 3
G.P

Post by G.P »

I like this very much
Claude

Post by Claude »

G.P wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 pm I like this very much
It is a very flattering pic!

The sun came out this afternoon, just in time for me to pick the boys up from school :(
Claude

Post by Claude »

Checked the weather last night, dry morning forecast. So sent a text to @Wotsitt asking if he had plans and if not fancy a run out on the bikes. He didn’t and he did. Winner.
I’ve been itching to get out again since swapping the exhaust back from to standard from the sc. Thoughts? Very pleased with being back to standard. Weirdly the throttle feels a little smoother with the std can(s) back on.
Still makes a lovely noise just not as anti social, and definitely riding in a higher gear now.
Intercoms worked well I don’t think they are quite as good as the sena smh that we had prior if I’m honest but they do have more functionality and look better. They do the job but at higher speed I couldn’t really hear speech very clearly.
We did our usual loop, though stopped two minutes from my house for a delicious bacon, sausage and egg barm from my local cafe. Then off onto long lane from Macclesfield. Rainow into Buxton then out towards Leek then back through to Macclesfield.
Roads were mainly dry a few ‘wet’ corners but nothing to trouble the bikes, only our minds.
All in all great morning.
millemille

Post by millemille »

@Claude sounds like you're not a million miles away from me (I'm in Ashbourne), we'll have to hook up for a ride when I've got the Ducati, and my ban, completed 'cos I do like an MV. I really regret not buying the Rivale that Speedycom were flogging at a reduced price a few years ago (wasn't Euro 4 compliant and had to be sold by the 1st of April 2018)...
Claude

Post by Claude »

millemille wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:41 am @Claude sounds like you're not a million miles away from me (I'm in Ashbourne), we'll have to hook up for a ride when I've got the Ducati, and my ban, completed 'cos I do like an MV. I really regret not buying the Rivale that Speedycom were flogging at a reduced price a few years ago (wasn't Euro 4 compliant and had to be sold by the 1st of April 2018)...
Yep pretty close. I'm in Prestbury. @Wotsitt is in Poynton.
Claude

Post by Claude »

I completely forgot. Along with going back to the std end can this was also the first ride out with the phone charger mount.
Worked perfectly. I had waze running throughout the ride, all perfectly viewable. Obviously can’t operate the screen with gloves on but it’s good to see what voice commands are doing on the phone or rather, check they are doing what you are expecting.
Arrived back with phone battery on full charge. Result!