General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Reignited my love for IL4s! :wtf:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Closed a bit of the A42 following an accident. Got a bit wet, got very sweaty due to the humidity while I cleaned up but as a bonus I got to watch a brilliant thunder storm. Massive flashes of lightning but not a lot of thunder.
Can’t beat nature doing its thing.
Now home albeit a bit late, cuppa, Frosties, shower cos I sweated, then bed.
Mick, aged 63 and 11/12ths.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I went to a function last night at a rather nice hotel near Battle, whilst there I saw a peacock drop out of the tree my car was parked under.
I spent the rest of the evening wondering what damage peacock shit would do to my paintwork.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Cooked a roast at work.
IMG_9733.jpeg
IMG_9733.jpeg (835.93 KiB) Viewed 490 times
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Sat looking at the rain in amazement as I've not seen any for a long time - it stinks aka petrichor.

I've set up my new Sena intercom for my trip and made some soup. Done lots of pottering about so as not to leave anything undone before I leave next weekend.
Lockdown refugee
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got up, 3x S'd.
Bike was pre-flighted yesterday so all I have to do it fire it up & bugger off down the hill.

It's that time of year when I have to deal with changing weather...
So jacket liner here in the desert, but it's hot here.. but cold/foggy down the hill.
Liner will probably come out at the 2nd gas stop.

Step-dad chose fathers day to pop his clogs. He's been ailing for years with COPD & emphysema so not unexpected. Fainted on the sofa, didn't wake up. We didn't always see eye to eye, but him & mum made each other laugh all the time over the past 50 years. At least he got to see my daughters wedding pics from last week. Grew up on a farm in Yorkshire, then RN, followed by Inland Revenue & he was a tough bugger. 86yo.
He rode a few of my Z's during different visits (KZ900, Z1-B & KZ1000) His last bike was a Honda ST11, before that he has a '75 T160V. First bike was a BSA Model B with the round gastank.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Done the second half of a village 'open gardens' event. My word there's a bit of money around. The last house (with tea and cake :thumbup: ) was the size of an ocean liner. They'd had it built in the garden/land of their old house, which you couldn't even see from the new one...which had a decent sized bit of land around it.

The nicest bit was actually a circle of retirement bungalows built on church land. The circle round the back of the bungalows (which you never normally get to see) is a veritable oasis of little gardens. It's amazing what a little effort and ingenuity can do with a small space. The fronts are all just grass and give no inkling of what's round the back.

Got home and now it's raining properly - hallelujah! The smell is :thumbup: (Haven't had a drop for over a month).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Finally got round to fitting the hugger extender for the MY07
Attachments
IMG_9264.jpeg
IMG_9264.jpeg (885.64 KiB) Viewed 434 times
CBR650r :mrgreen:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

BBQed in the middle of a thunder storm, bastard weather guessers all deserve to be sacked.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

New seat on the ZRX11 is a win. Found myself covering 40 miles in about 20 minutes. I guess the Dibble had the day off.

the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Road down into Kent and spent morning visiting three churches and viewing a rectory. Going to be interviewed for the post tomorrow. Home to sort a few things out and will collect my wife from work in an hour and tell her about it all. I liked the churches, very beautiful area and there is much that can be done in ministry.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Shifted just over a tonne of plasterboard offcuts to the tip. Slightly cheaper than it might have been, I managed to get a fat bastard discount by stepping out of the van when they weighed it on the way in and staying in it on the way out.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Walked to a mates house early to get a lift to the valley. Walked around Moutiers for a bit before being brave and trying some coffee!! Then to the unemployment office.

Bit stressy until she realised I've been signed off sick for 3 weeks. She also didn't realise that their system hadn't accepted my address so she thought I lived in the valley :roll: Future meetings will be online as I have no transport!!

Was going to meet friends and then get the train back to the bottom of my mountain, but she had an emergency so I decided that, rather than sit and wait for the train (about an hour and a half!), I'd see if I could hitch from Moutiers to Aime and then walk the same route as the other week and hitch up the mountain.

When someone eventually stopped, she was a sweetheart and drove me to the roundabout at the bottom of the mountain :D Downside was I only got a lift after 1.5kms walking up a steep road/about 12 cars :( and then only cos it was some people I know quite well!! :lol:

Note to self - do NOT hitchhike over lunchtime! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing that came out of the meeting was that it seems that the accountant for the company I worked for may have made an error in the figures of holiday pay (they've put that I had almost a months holiday pay, which I didn't, and it's not reflected in the payslip), which is why I've not been able to claim any benefits

So tomorrow I have to get a friend to go through the paperwork with me and then go speak to my ex-colleague in the office if it is an error!! (Pretty sure it is!)

Soooo, more hassle to sort that out, if it can be sorted out :(

But, a pretty good day :D Heading out early morrow to try and walk another 5kms. Will be a bit steeper downhill than I walked today, but, I'm being positive cos the knee isn't grumping at me :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Let my slightly autistic side out for a field trip ;)

Edit: picture lightened so you can see the train!
20230621_132810.jpg
20230621_132810.jpg (253.92 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Attachments
20230621_122614.jpg
20230621_122614.jpg (244.01 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Wife to work, horrendous traffic due to road works. Bus would have taken years. She had school sports day as well, so an exhausting day.

I found out that I did not get the post I applied for, but am content, the right person gets it. Apparently I interview well and came across very well, but did not have the specific quality they had in a preferred candidate. No rush, I will get the right church and community in time. God's timing is perfect.

Back to church in the afternoon to help with a memorial service. Then fetched wife. Currently cooking the dinner.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I'm wondering how ventilation companies calculate noise levels. I fitted an 'Explair Simply Silent' extractor that stated 40dB and I found it was comparible to standing next to a motorbike running about 9k revs, today I swapped it for an inline extractor with a stated 30dB and it's about the same as a noisy fridge.
Anyway, I now have an effective ventilation system for those hot still nights so I'm hoping everyone will be a little better tempered in the summer evenings.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Bit surprised that Trombone rates higher than a Helicopter.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:36 pm Bit surprised that Trombone rates higher than a Helicopter.
The diagram needs some sense of distance. You wouldn't want to be in the same room as me when I was learning tenor sax but you're unlikely to be in the same sized room with a helicopter. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:36 pm Bit surprised that Trombone rates higher than a Helicopter.
I'm surprised they've labelled something that shape a trombone! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Whoever put rain that low down has never been in my conservatory.