What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Horse »

Went for a 1 1/4hr walk in the woods, part gravel tracks, part amongst the tree roots and undergrowth.

That might not sound much of an achievement but, as always,  context is everything.

A month ago I had built up to half an hour,  with walking poles, on pavement.

Before skull/neck op I couldn't walk in a straight line and my left foot often dragged or caught. Both due to pressure on the brainstem, causing nerve problems and over-compensating knee reflexes, which has been relieved as a hoped-for added benefit from the Chiari decompression.

Now, the foot works pretty much as it should :)

Not only is that good news by itself,  it probably lessens (hopefully completely) the need for the second, far more invasive, op.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Giddy-up, Horse :clap:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Today? As little as humanly possible, lots of breathing, some mastication, minor bit of defecation, going to wrap the day up with a curry.
non quod, sed quomodo
G.P

Post by G.P »

Just sitting here being grateful there are on Villa fans on the forum and the Man U fans aren't going to pipe up! :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Just sitting here being grateful there are on Villa fans on the forum and the Man U fans aren't going to pipe up! :)
absolutely astounding that was... just crackers
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Been to the pub with my brother who is now a Grandfather ... lots of stuff to catch up with .
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

G.P wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm Just sitting here being grateful there are on Villa fans on the forum and the Man U fans aren't going to pipe up! :)
:lol:

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Ha ha. We only let in 6 :mrgreen:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

David wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:05 pm Have you somewhere to isolate?
Yes, it's not ideal but it'll work.

My mate's converting a barn that's set in about 5 acres, fortunately for me he's previously fitted an outhouse with a toilet and shower. I'll be living in my van, cycling round in circles trying not to get bored! The other major sticking point is that my van needs MOT before my quarantine is up. I know the garage will collect it etc, what I don't know is WTF I'll do if it fails it's test !!

According to the Gov't website, I would be provided with somewhere to isolate if I din't have anywhere to go, but frankly I'd rather be at my mates place in the country than stuck in some random hotel room !
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Skub wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:23 pm Autumn is here.

I'm sure there's some spray or summat for that stuff growing up your walls. :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Jasper wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm

I'm sure there's some spray or summat for that stuff growing up your walls. :thumbup:
Careful now Jasp. If you knew my missus you'd be a little less forthright and a tad more circumspect. For your general safety and ongoing good health,I'll not convey your opinion in person. The risk to me as a the message bearer could also be considerable. :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:59 pmCareful now Jasp. If you knew my missus you'd be a little less forthright and a tad more circumspect. For your general safety and ongoing good health,I'll not convey your opinion in person. The risk to me as a the message bearer could also be considerable. :silent:
I have no fear, she'd have to get past my own little Yorkshire Rottweiler here and I don’t mean the dog. :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Got a nice email from BA reminding me about my flight to Bologna on the 19th October.

Only I'd booked off the week after. And all the hotels were booked for the wrong week too. :o

Fuck sticks!!!

Luckily bike hire was booked for the right week, kid is on school holidays that week and I was able to rearrange most of the hotels and nobody else is off that week at work. I really am a fecking idiot sometimes....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

M and I were going to kayak round to Kumlubük this afternoon (leaving about now . . . ) to have a meal, drink some rakı and sleep on the beach, under the stars. Unfortunately the weather has deteriorated over the last couple of days and it's now cloudy and rain is expected later. We've postponed it. But we met up for a coffee just before lunchtime, then ordered a meze for two (as you do), and then ordered a couple of beers. Then a couple more . . . :thumbup:

We enjoy each others' company and it's far more enjoyable than drilling holes in a bit of wood which is what I dragged myself away from but afternoon beer is not the best thing for me. I'll want a couple more this evening now.

No rain yet.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Unfriended someone on facebook who was trying to suggest that black history month was 'racist'. :wtf:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:33 pm M and I were going to kayak round to Kumlubük this afternoon (leaving about now . . . ) to have a meal, drink some rakı and sleep on the beach, under the stars. Unfortunately the weather has deteriorated over the last couple of days and it's now cloudy and rain is expected later. We've postponed it. But we met up for a coffee just before lunchtime, then ordered a meze for two (as you do), and then ordered a couple of beers. Then a couple more . . . :thumbup:

We enjoy each others' company and it's far more enjoyable than drilling holes in a bit of wood which is what I dragged myself away from but afternoon beer is not the best thing for me. I'll want a couple more this evening now.

No rain yet.
Afternoon beer? Wouldn’t catch me doing that.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

derek badger wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:40 pm Unfriended someone on facebook who was trying to suggest that black history month was 'racist'. :wtf:
Should it be herstory?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Got over 3.5km on the old Concept 2 indoor rowing dodar.
End goal is to be able to manage 6km comfortably, and then start hammering the times down.

By jiggery this exercise lark is hard work, every time I skip a day I loose a good couple of hundred meters, still it gives me some me time to listen to an audible book or 2.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:00 am Got over 3.5km on the old Concept 2 indoor rowing dodar.
End goal is to be able to manage 6km comfortably, and then start hammering the times down.

By jiggery this exercise lark is hard work, every time I skip a day I loose a good couple of hundred meters, still it gives me some me time to listen to an audible book or 2.
I used to love a bit of rowing indoors but we ended up needing the space. We used to have a good thread on it. Yambo did plenty too
David

Post by David »

Indoor rowing? Your gaff must be really damp!