IOM TT

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
wull

Re: IOM TT

Post by wull »

Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Oh my, these times are going to crumble this week if the weather stays good. Lap speeds are phenomenal !!
wull

Post by wull »

Holy mother of fook, MD is on a whore of a mission.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Did Jamie Hamilton ever race again, was there the year he crashed. Think it was his bike in the hedge, pile of twisted burnt metal basically, left side hedge going the wrong way. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
westers151

Post by westers151 »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 pm Did Jamie Hamilton ever race again, was there the year he crashed. Think it was his bike in the hedge, pile of twisted burnt metal basically, left side hedge going the wrong way. 🤷🏻‍♂️
No, he's not raced again. His head injuries from the crash put him on a very long road to recovery, and ruled him out of any further racing.

Good to see him back in the paddock, and doing the presenting.
westers151

Post by westers151 »

wull wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:33 pm Holy mother of fook, MD is on a whore of a mission.
For the first time in many a year, the Superbike race doesn't have a clear favourite to win.

I like Hicky, but I'll be cheering for MD. I've always loved his approach to racing.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 pm Did Jamie Hamilton ever race again, was there the year he crashed. Think it was his bike in the hedge, pile of twisted burnt metal basically, left side hedge going the wrong way. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He was on the podcast last year,entertaining interview :thumbup:

wull

Post by wull »

He was at the NW200 doing some punditry.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

westers151 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 pm
wull wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:33 pm Holy mother of fook, MD is on a whore of a mission.
For the first time in many a year, the Superbike race doesn't have a clear favourite to win.

I like Hicky, but I'll be cheering for MD. I've always loved his approach to racing.
Imo...there is never a clear winner. Bikes go wrong. But agree, hoping MD can do it. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
wull

Post by wull »

And now the racing begins 😁

Fingers crossed the weather holds out for race week because we’re in for a treat if it does.

Michael Dunlop doing a 135.5 yesterday for an unofficial lap record was something else, will we see a 136mph lap? I think we might under race conditions when everyone is pushing that little bit harder especially the top 3.

Hicky was having issues with the Superbike, I don’t think he’s happy with it and maybe MD is getting in his head a little, maybe not. I really want to see MD win and win as many and smash all the records but I have this gut feeling Hicky will produce something in the big bike races.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

When your bike breaks down at Greeba and you have to get back to the pits. Climb under the bridge to get to the right side of the course and start walking

Then hope you meet a nice tourist willing to lend you his GS!!! :D

(Taken from an IoM page on FB, so may not all be true!! LOL)

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
wull

Post by wull »

wull

Post by wull »

During the 135.531 mph lap

wull

Post by wull »

Todays racing has been delayed due to a serious road accident earlier on.

The Supersport race to start at 14:45 and the sidecar race at 17:00
Skub

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:19 am When your bike breaks down at Greeba and you have to get back to the pits. Climb under the bridge to get to the right side of the course and start walking

Hiccy looks like he stopped for a dump! :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:10 pm
Noggin wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:19 am When your bike breaks down at Greeba and you have to get back to the pits. Climb under the bridge to get to the right side of the course and start walking

Hiccy looks like he stopped for a dump! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you mean!!

Pretty sure it's just cos that's a low bridge and he's a tall guy!! Probably too many spectators nearby to risk actually having a dump there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bustaspoke wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:21 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/65783005 :shock: :wtf:
Isle of Man TT rider Paul Williams says he realises how lucky he was to escape unscathed after crashing into a pheasant during practice for the event.

The Welshman was competing in qualifying for the Supersport class when he came off at the Laurel Bank section of the circuit on Monday.

"I know I'm lucky. There wasn't even a scratch on my helmet," said Williams.

"If you saw the bike you'd be amazed how I am still here. The frame has snapped in three places."

The incident happened 11 miles into the rider's second lap of qualifying over the 37.73-mile Mountain Course circuit, held on closed public roads.

Williams added: "I went into Laurel Bank and there was a pheasant in the middle of the road. I couldn't do anything about it.

"It was walking but when it heard the bike coming it stopped.

"The front wheel made contact with it, took the handlebars off me and I went straight into the wall. The bike [a Triumph 675] was a write-off."

Remarkably, Williams, who has also competed at a number of Irish road races and at the Macau Grand Prix, was back in action on Wednesday evening on another Supersport machine provided by a benevolent sponsor.

"An Irish sponsor has kindly supplied me with a GSX-R600 Suzuki," confirmed the Welsh privateer.
Wowzers! It's hard enough trying to keep spectators off the track sometimes, losing battle against wildlife!! Bloody glad he's ok!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

The Welshman was competing in qualifying for the Supersport class when he came off at the Laurel Bank section of the circuit on Monday.

"If you saw the bike you'd be amazed how I am still here. The frame has snapped in three places."

Sure it wasn't an Emu? :o
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Horse wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:25 pm

A pheasant is plenty big enough to cause a massive crash if he hit it at full speed!

A bumble bee hit my knee once and I thought it was broken!! and that's an nth the size of a sodding pheasant!!!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Noggin wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:38 pm
Horse wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:25 pm

A pheasant is plenty big enough to cause a massive crash if he hit it at full speed!
I've been hit by one, although I was lucky because it hit the fairing before me and I was only doing 60.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: