KTM 890R- The Super Scalpel!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Dodgy69

Re: KTM 890R- The Super Scalpel!

Post by Dodgy69 »

Hope to see you and the 2 wheeler on track somewhere next year Kev. 🙂👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy69 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:23 am Hope to see you and the 2 wheeler on track somewhere next year Kev. 🙂👍
Yeah 100% that :)

you and your triple bring a certain 'something' to the proceedings :)

Although if you bring the 890R i may have to bring my leathers ;)
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Long time, no speak....

Mainly because I've not been riding much. However that changed today as evidenced in the Riding Challenge game thread.

The challenge of finding a place name with a z piqued my interest yesterday but I decided to go a step further and find a place name that began with a z.

Google said there were only half a dozen or so and the majority were serious miles away. However the nearest was less than 80 miles so very doable, even after finishing my shift at Waitrose this morning at 07:30.

The way there was all A roads as I wanted to keep things simple, although the return journey was more interesting.....I'd forgotten how much fun was to be had on the 890R and the three hours or so flew by.

For me, this bike really is the answer to pretty much any bike question I care to ask. No I haven't done a trackday yet but I'm sure that box will be ticked sometime this year. I would definitely like to do a mini tour, say a long weekend of say 1000 miles or so this year too.

I enjoyed myself so much earlier I have just done a 40 mile hoon on local Hants/Berkshire roads - this bike is a V2 Tuono Lite, not lite in performance, but in every other way. I haven't ridden a V4 Tuono but I would guess the 890R is a more manageable, lighter version of that in that it too has all the modern rider aids and gizmos.

The thing that neither Aprilia has, though, is the ability to do 150/160 miles between petrol stops....I'm averaging about 65mpg and that's whilst making good progress. I just don't know how it does it?

All this effusive praise begs another question, though............where does The Trike fit into my motorcycling future?

I don't have the answer yet, so it's still in my garage all nice and clean and ridden for less than 25 miles so far in 2023 :think: ......

Kev
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Welcome back mate. Still got your jumper here 😄
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

weeksy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:08 pm Welcome back mate. Still got your jumper here 😄
Sorry, Steve, I hadn't forgotten....honest :oops:

If the weather gods are kind to us, I'll be out and about a bit more now, so there will be no excuse, eh?

As agreed, I'll message you beforehand....it did cross my mind earlier as I was around Andover and Newbury but I thought you might be away with James this weekend and in full "grease monkey/pit bitch"mode :D

Kev