Recommended me an insurance company

Anything you like about motorbikes
derek badger

Recommended me an insurance company

Post by derek badger »

...that will easily deal with basic modifications. Exhaust, topbox etc. Compare sites all seem to be a PITA this year when I'm renewing. All coming in at around 110-140 a year FC but as soon as I tick the box to say it's been modified it says "Sorry we can't process the quote, please contact us...". Don't recall it being this much of a PITA last year.
derek badger

Re: Recommended me an insurance company

Post by derek badger »

1888 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 am What is wrong with contacting them?
Nothing. But I'd have to contact a few to get a comparison. I guess I'm moaning that the comparison sites don't allow you to add modifications like they used to.
Anyway this lot saved me just under £200 when i renewed my bus and gave me a great deal on my work van with business insurance and contents. They also never deducted any NCB when the wife had a little dunt in the car. Scroll down if you are on a mobile for bike section

https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/
Cheers. Will check them out.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I went to Bemoto after getting a stupid renewal hike on my Triumph Tiger from Carole Nash. Easy to deal with and good price.
https://www.bemoto.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5K ... YEQAvD_BwE

I only contacted them as I was watch a YT vid when I opened the renewal and the Clowns from 44 teeth were recommending them!
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Bennetts are pretty god for mods- they have a list of 15 (IIRC) "standard mods" such as air filter, heated grips, tail tidies etc that don't need to be declared, and they don't take the piss with aftermarket cans so I assume they will be equally reasonable with top boxes
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Nidge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:58 am Bennetts are pretty god for mods
Yeah that. When I first insured with them they said I was allowed X number but I got them listed anyway. Things like crash bars, can, screen, etc they were fine with. I think they said it didn't really matter to them until if was making the bike much quicker or more flash.

Edit: Looks like they show a list
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/customer/hel ... ifications
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

I did go compare for one bike and Bikesure for the other. Bennetts came up as best on go compare so rang them and sorted over the phone £185 fully comp 15k miles a year
business use I declared 2 claims vandalism to car and bike stolen so not a bad price