What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
v8-powered

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by v8-powered »

Managed to get a first cut on our lawn, totally knackered now!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

very childlishly had a drag race off the lights in the mowta!
still cracks 60 in less than 7s, even though it looks like it shouldnt 🕵️‍♀️
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Demannu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:27 pm very childlishly had a drag race off the lights in the mowta!
Is that good?
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Yorick wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:19 pm
Demannu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:27 pm very childlishly had a drag race off the lights in the mowta!
Is that good?
for a gixxer 1000, no
for a £150k supercar, no
for a 20 yo shitbox, not hanging about

Noobtune reckon on sub 6, but ours is a slush box so cant dump the clutch!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Demannu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:51 pm
Is that good?
for a gixxer 1000, no
for a £150k supercar, no

Oi loiks a sleeper. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:07 pm

Is that good?
for a gixxer 1000, no
for a £150k supercar, no

not so much a sleeper, more of a 'fuck, thats quicker than it looks' (its a 150+ standard, allegedly)
bit like a breathed on T5
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Demannu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:40 pm
for a gixxer 1000, no
for a £150k supercar, no

not so much a sleeper, more of a 'fuck, thats quicker than it looks' (its a 150+ standard, allegedly)
What is it? I nearly bought a V70 T5 but had an attack of common sense and got a 2.5T. (The immediately available T5 was in an alarming colour called 'Saffron' or something like that. Wife liked the colour...I bought dark grey :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

We have a Volvo XC60 with the new B5 engine (T5 with a hybrid boost) - surprisingly quick for an SUV, think they shock quite a few people.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

3S'd.
Put the rack & roomies E bike on the Explorer ST.
Vacuumed my bedroom.
Farted.
Took my meds.
Tracking an Amazon delivery in another State...
Gonna reward myself with a couple of pastrami, mustard & Swiss cheese sarnies for *brunch*
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I drive two cars on a regular basis, one is 306bhp petrol the other a 120bhp derv, both Auto's.

One does 60 in just under 6 seconds, the other in just under 12.

There's been some hairy moments pulling out into traffic on one large fast moving roundabout on the A61 when I forget which car I'm in.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:46 pm
Demannu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:40 pm

What is it? I nearly bought a V70 T5 but had an attack of common sense and got a 2.5T. (The immediately available T5 was in an alarming colour called 'Saffron' or something like that. Wife liked the colour...I bought dark grey :D ).
dc1c548b50ee4343947681611e074128_edit_79653205716489.jpg
dc1c548b50ee4343947681611e074128_edit_79653205716489.jpg (521.7 KiB) Viewed 228 times
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Walked dog up the the heath in the woodlands, a really hard uphill walk and well worth the sweat and moaning and groaning (me) and the dog was very happy with new places to explore. Back home, double espresso to perk up again and now to start the day properly. She is sleeping at my feet at the moment.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Roomie bent her ST, altho *tore/cracked* would be a better description as it's just plastic trim that got mullared. Nothing painted was damaged. Claim started. I need to have a better look this morning, appears to be a case of taking off cracked doodads & replacing with new doodads (front bumper cover, RH/front wheel flair, fender liner & part of the grill.
She hooked the fender on a short tree stump backing out of a tight parking spot. Nothing electrical damaged & no idiot/warning lights, vehicle appears unaware it's damaged.
Once in the insurance wallah has taken a look I should be able to reattach the damaged parts & make it safe to drive without the unintended excitement of bits taking flight.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Day off today. Didn't ski cos usually this week is mental busy. Turns out it's quite quiet. Oh well!!!

Baked a ginger cake, chatted with some mates and went to see the GP for some more drugs!! LOL Been kinda nice to be chilled all day but it's way more tiring than rushing around!! LOL

Just got to find a car to borrow to go to see the surgeon on Thursday and then I can chill out for the week!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Got the train home from London. A guy went in the toilet and had a smoke and stunk the train out when the door opened! Dunno what the next bloke in there did, but as he came out and another guy went in he turned round and called him fucking tramp. I thought it was going to kick off. Lots of swearing from both of them and other people they saw whatever it was. Fourtunately they all got off at Barking and the rest of the journey was better, apart from the coughing, sneezing and hacking, but I kept thinking i'd rather be cold on a bike than stuck in here with the germ spreaders. I was glad to go and pick the Tmax up tonight and look forward to commuting on it tomorrow!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:09 pm Got the train home from London. A guy went in the toilet and had a smoke and stunk the train out when the door opened! Dunno what the next bloke in there did, but as he came out and another guy went in he turned round and called him fucking tramp. I thought it was going to kick off. Lots of swearing from both of them and other people they saw whatever it was. Fourtunately they all got off at Barking and the rest of the journey was better, apart from the coughing, sneezing and hacking, but I kept thinking i'd rather be cold on a bike than stuck in here with the germ spreaders. I was glad to go and pick the Tmax up tonight and look forward to commuting on it tomorrow!
Welcome to my world, trains would run a lot better without passengers messing things up!
Last edited by MingtheMerciless on Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:09 pm Got the train home from London. A guy went in the toilet and had a smoke and stunk the train out when the door opened! Dunno what the next bloke in there did, but as he came out and another guy went in he turned round and called him fucking tramp. I thought it was going to kick off. Lots of swearing from both of them and other people they saw whatever it was. Fourtunately they all got off at Barking and the rest of the journey was better, apart from the coughing, sneezing and hacking, but I kept thinking i'd rather be cold on a bike than stuck in here with the germ spreaders. I was glad to go and pick the Tmax up tonight and look forward to commuting on it tomorrow!
Guess it was one of the older shitter trains as the new ones have a super-sensitive smoke alarm system that stops the train!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:29 pm
Guess it was one of the older shitter trains as the new ones have a super-sensitive smoke alarm system that stops the train!
Dunno. it had an electric slide door? I suppose it could have been a vape thing?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:39 pm
v8-powered wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:29 pm
Dunno. it had an electric slide door? I suppose it could have been a vape thing?
I could quote either class 357 or 720 to you, but you'd probably throw a WTAF at me :lol:
Vapes trigger the alarms too, so must have been a 357.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Camperbus MOT this Wednesday. Pumped up the suspension and tyres. Greased kingpins checked lights and took it for a good drive on fast roads to clear out any soot. Just to wash away some steering fluid as the box has a small leak but i think its good to go.