What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mussels

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mussels »

Today I've finished replacing the top cupboards in my kitchen, just the sink and a corner base unit left to do.
The IKEA stuff goes together really well, it's all the extras that are a real pita. Electrics, ducting & plumbing and some of those unexpected extras like a second cooker point hidden behind cupboards, trying to fit square corner units in non-square corners and finding they sit at a funky angle.
I took a week off work to get it done and I'm really surprised that I'm on schedule, it should be almost finished by Christmas.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Did the chrimbo food shop.
M&S turkey this year, even though they blatantly lie about it being free range it looks like a decent bit of meat
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've done someone a favour that may cost me dearly. A mate needed a couple of hire vehicles moved around, one of them being a Transit minibus. I'd forgotten how much I liked the driving position, my small van's days are numbered I think.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

So far I've done this, the new stuff will be a tight fit with those pipes so fingers are crossed.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Last day at work and no one to go to the pub with, so I went for a walk. Saw a Lebanese and Palestine street food place and got a kebab wrap and some chips. Way too much food for lunchtime, but I still woofed it! :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Woke up to what is either man-flu or bout #3 of covid.

or maybe it's just a sore throat
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Last day at work and no one to go to the pub with, so I went for a walk. Saw a Lebanese and Palestine street food place and got a kebab wrap and some chips. Way too much food for lunchtime, but I still woofed it! :D
Working that new knee. :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Skub wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:42 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Last day at work and no one to go to the pub with, so I went for a walk. Saw a Lebanese and Palestine street food place and got a kebab wrap and some chips. Way too much food for lunchtime, but I still woofed it! :D
Working that new knee. :silent:
I did walk to get it, and not have it delivered! Given the last couple of years levels of activity, this was positively a workout! :thumbup:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Well, the bike sailed through the MOT today.
Quite nice that one of the mechanics said he really liked what I'd done to the bike.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Breathed a huge sigh of relief! The reason for that is the wifes Mini threw up an excess oil warning message and to take it to a dealer asap. Coincidentally I wanted it booked in for an oil change as I think most cars service intervals are too long anyway and we had a recall notice come through, so a couple of weeks back I got it booked in for an oil and filter change and to get the recall done.

Meanwhile, I was told the excess oil message can be due to a failed regen causing excess fuel to end up in the sump and can in some cases cause engine damage. :shock: Turns out the recall was for a component that can cause ghost messages like the excess oil one and its cleared now and has a fresh sump of oil too and all is well! Thank fook for that as I dread to think what engine rebuild would have cost! :? Phew! Think I'll buy a comp ticket! :D
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Not what I was planning on doing anyway.
Was going up town to do some crimbo shopping but after I spotted our dog sniffing under the shed every ten minutes. That can mean there's a cat stuck under there so I ratched stuff out of the way so I had access and had a look.
Sure enough its the grey cat from up the road. It gets in there but its too timid when the dogs about (understandably cos our dog chases everyone elses cats) and wont come out.
The owner said it had been missing since last night so I got him at the end I'd removed the plastic fascia skirt from and moved a bit of plastic pipe behind it til it came out.
I'll not leave as much crap beside the shed in future and I'll give that cat a fucking rent book as its happened before.
Can't easily block it all off cos there's always going to be one corner they can get in at.
I did cut a load of wooden offcuts small enough so they'd fit on the fire though which needed doing and I'd been avoiding it for a while.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Knocked off for 4 days thank god…..
Happy Xmas festivus etc
Ant

Post by Ant »

Dispatched 5 boxes of Eley Olypic Blues through gunny, then came home and made a vanilla cheese cake.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Assembled, fitted and connected 3.5 linear metres of Ikea wardrobe carcasses. I have now downed tools and will not be picking them up again until Tuesday at the earliest.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Morning walk, afternoon walk. Shopping inbetween. Christmas Eve celebrations with family. Very happy joyful times. Gave wife her new phone, she was really delighted! Now to setup her phone! Short break then I preach at midnight Christmas Service. Will be fun I am sure. Will wear robes as it is still cool!
Have a joyful, peaceful and loved up Christmas all.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got up at 3am, went to get minibus at 4am, collected passengers, drove to Geneva Airport, dropped off passengers, waited for next lot, drove back to resort, dropped off passengers, parked up van. Changed into ski gear and went skiing with nephew.

FREAKING AWESOME!!!! The kid can ski, has confidence, and bloody loves it :D :D I'm a VERY happy Auntie Smixxy :D :D :D

Heading out for 'christmas dinner' in a bit :D :D - photos later cos it may involve cheese :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Sweet FA
Tarmacsurfer

Post by Tarmacsurfer »

Escaping to Mallory Park to watch the Plum Pudding races 🏍️🏍️
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Tarmacsurfer wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:04 am Escaping to Mallory Park to watch the Plum Pudding races 🏍️🏍️
I did that in 1982 & 83. Was cold 🥶
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

This was yesterday. Skiing with my nephew :wub: :wub: :wub: :) Well, these are pics from the top of a mountain! But we did ski :) :) Damn my legs ached this morning :D

The first picture is not me magically getting both arms up high, it's my nephew! Just clarifying after some lovely folks on FB thought that might be me!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: