What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by 636mick »

Mussels wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm I have a Lidl inflatable kayak and I wouldn't recommend it. As Yambo said they get blown around easily, the are fiddly to inflate and assemble on site, they don't cope well with heavier adults and you'll probably want to buy decent paddles.
It was fun for a couple of afternoons on the beach but I just don't bother with it any more.
Ta mate, appreciated the thoughts. I will do some googling I think. I read a comment that inflatables don’t glide like a conventional canoe or kayak, which is worth knowing.
Mick
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Booked a holiday.

Didn’t have one at all last year because I was retiring this year and thought we’d have the big ‘retirement holiday’ earlier this year. Well we all know how that went down. :thumbdown:

Anyway my big retirement holiday has turned out to be a week in a cottage at Fort William. You gotta laugh.

There’s always next year..maybe.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Schlepped by to Harley Street on the train and tube, not knowing what the parking situation was like, only to walk past two nigh-empty bike bays right next to the imaging place I had the appointment with. Notwithstanding a twenty minute wait in the waiting room, the entire process took about 10 minutes, then out again, tube and train home. The round trip was 3.5 hours, including the stop for a mediocre coffee and cinnamon bun. Hot and stuffy on public transport with the mask malarkey, so not much fun. The only saving grace was that both train and tube were very quiet.

All this for a wisdom tooth extraction.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:38 pm Schlepped by to Harley Street on the train and tube, not knowing what the parking situation was like, only to walk past two nigh-empty bike bays right next to the imaging place I had the appointment with. Notwithstanding a twenty minute wait in the waiting room, the entire process took about 10 minutes, then out again, tube and train home. The round trip was 3.5 hours, including the stop for a mediocre coffee and cinnamon bun. Hot and stuffy on public transport with the mask malarkey, so not much fun. The only saving grace was that both train and tube were very quiet.

All this for a wisdom tooth extraction.

It sounds like it wasn't working anyway.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:24 pm It sounds like it wasn't working anyway.
There are two BMI hospitals within a 10 minute drive from my house. Sod's Law dictates that my wisdom tooth starts giving me grief during lockdown. Even now most of the hospitals aren't doing extractions for some reason, so I've had to go up west for a 3D scan of the tooth and next Friday go up to the London Clinic to have it swiped out. That'll be a nice journey home on the train*. :(

*I have a cabbie mate who I was relating this tale of woe to and he offered to drop me off and pick me up, which I thought was lovely of him. I then told him the date, he checked his diary and told me that although I was one of his best mates and loved me dearly, he loved the golf day and 19th hole piss up, which coincided with that day, even more. :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Had a drive up to Orzola for lunch then to the lovely doggy beach. Was gonna get some nice scenic shots for you lot, but only got this one. Sorry :(
20200915_154220.jpg
20200915_154220.jpg (218.41 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
cheb

Post by cheb »

cheb wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:28 pm I'm confident that the dump will provide.
And yea verily it did: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1041

As well as a pressure washer with a defective capacitor. Diagnosed by opening it up and spinning the motor by stump when powered up. Capacitor now on order.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Today I aas mostly been digging oles.
Then postcreting fenceposts in.

Not the most interesting day but it pays the bills.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:17 pm Had a drive up to Orzola for lunch then to the lovely doggy beach. Was gonna get some nice scenic shots for you lot, but only got this one. Sorry :(

20200915_154220.jpg
You're rating pretty high on the creepy old man scale :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:17 pm Had a drive up to Orzola for lunch then to the lovely doggy beach. Was gonna get some nice scenic shots for you lot, but only got this one. Sorry :(

20200915_154220.jpg
Remember humour?
Bobble

Post by Bobble »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:59 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm

20200915_154220.jpg
Remember humour?
You clearly don't
Horse

Post by Horse »

Picked fresh raspberries for Filly to have with her breakfast :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Making this comment to a pre-menstrual teenage girl is, apparently, not the best of ideas if you want to avoid tears and being in the 'Dad Dog-House'..... :think:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Making this comment to a pre-menstrual teenage girl is, apparently, not the best of ideas if you want to avoid tears and being in the 'Dad Dog-House'..... :think:

Bloody hell Gremlin!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl until she's old enough to answer back without getting upset!!! :o :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl :o :roll:
Edited for accuracy
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

That is serious lapse of judgement. In my house, with my sixteen year old hormally charged daughter, it is better to just douse myself in petrol and set myself alight. In the long run it is less painful, less damage to both her esteem and so on and my wife would just feed me through a mincer with no anaesthetic any how....

oooohhh. I cringed reading that.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl until she's old enough to answer back without getting upset!!! :o :roll:
I've seen that family eat !
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Back on track, I took wife to work, then collected my ordination friend to take her to the station for her retreat (ordained on Saturday in Southwark Cathedral) then back home to take daugher to college and then back to strip, clean and regrease the lower dogbone suspension bits. This afternoon is take cassock to the seamstress for a slight adjustment to the hem, and then collect wife and take her and daughter to town, then I go and do evening prayer and funeral preparations with a family. Evening sees me take bike out to meet my Spiritual director for the first time face to face in six months. A long day, but a good one.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Took the dB killers out the ZH2's Akrapovic, that was a bit of a mission to get to them and required a manly rivet gun to redo the stainless rivets.

Then it was the "easy" job of fitting the crash bungs. Apart from the springy steel frame moving slightly as the first bolt came out resulting in a block and frame misalignment.....happy days. Sorted out by putting a trolley jack under the engine and a block of wood under the gene cover and then pulling down on the bar which allowed everything to line up and the bolt to go in without chewing the thread in the block. The three other bolts were all fine.

Still, all done now and sounding great, pleasant burble on tick over (as in noisy but not like a Lancaster bomber was landing on your house which the pipes on the KTM sounded like).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."