What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by gremlin »

636mick wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm Gremlin, Water infections are horrible. They leave me feeling a bit out of it if I don’t get antibiotics almost straight away. If you’re feeling like pissing needles may be worth a call to the doc to get some prescribed. Sepsis is easily caused by ignoring the symptoms,
Mick
The 'pissing needles' is due to my half-drunken attempts at self catheterising* before letting the professionals do it, not a water infection. :lol:

*Photos are NOT available, I'm happy to say.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:28 pm
636mick wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:03 pm Gremlin, Water infections are horrible. They leave me feeling a bit out of it if I don’t get antibiotics almost straight away. If you’re feeling like pissing needles may be worth a call to the doc to get some prescribed. Sepsis is easily caused by ignoring the symptoms,
Mick
The 'pissing needles' is due to my half-drunken attempts at self catheterising* before letting the professionals do it, not a water infection. :lol:

*Photos are NOT available, I'm happy to say.
Not got a zoom lens ? :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:13 pm
Aww. Bum. :( I normally check the birthdays at the bottom of the page on here.

So, a belated Happy Birthday Noggin! 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 :thumbup: Glad you had a good one. :D
Honestly, it's no worries. But thank you :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Missus and I were about to leave home for a trip to Norwich to sort the Xmas gift shopping as it was a nice sunny but cold day. Car defrosting on the drive then an almighty BANG.

Looked on the road and a woman had managed to drive straight into a Merc parked on the roadside, spinning her Citroen C4 around to face the wrong way and minus the front left wheel. She gets out the car, stumbles about in shock from being smacked in the face by the airbag so I run down and get her off the road before she gets trimmed out. Missus looks after her and i start slowing oncoming traffic and sorting emergency services as sun is very low in the sky facing oncoming traffic and a wagon almost piles into the wreckage

12 year old copper turns up and parks completely wrong side and strolls up hands in pocket so suggest to him where the car should be put to fend off oncoming traffic and he looks at me and says “yeah that makes sense ….. it’s my first accident”

All the wreckage gets cleared away eventually and turns out the owner of the Merc is delighted his car has been mullered as it broke down, needs a new engine and is now a write off so saved him a fortune in repair costs …. Bonus :thumbsup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went out for a coffee with a mate at about 1.30pm. Then, as I got home, so other friends said they were coming up to my bit of resort, so met them for coffee qt 3pm. Got home at 8.30pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lots of laughs, lots of beers for them! Got home and belatedly phoned my dad!

Now heading to sleep as going to the office early tomorrow - first day of the season up here and so first 'proper' transfer day :D :D

And, it's been snowing most of the day :D :D Here's hoping for more over night :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Waited for a bus in the freezing cold that was 35 minutes overdue. Annoyed, I turned to walk back home. A few metres on and the bloody bus arrived but as luck wouldn’t have it I was too far away and it was going fast.

Back home, I consoled myself by finishing off the Crimbo decorations in the front garden. My kind neighbour told me to help myself to his holly.

I’ve covered 20 pots with silver and gold glitter garlands. Never again! I cut them to fit in the kitchen. Bloody glitter and hot glue everywhere. Tiny bits all over the show. Decided to warm my self up with a cup of tea and some toast. BANG! The sodding toaster blew up. A fragment of glitter had found its way into the elements and shorted it out.

Tried to coax my elderly neighbour to confirm he would attend a free Crimbo dinner given by the local church. No blood left in his stone!

Be Good. Take Care.

Hope the bus isn’t late tomorrow.

;)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Went shopping after yesterday’s aborted mission. Visited my favourite place - the local library. Bought a couple of books from the disposal shelf for 0.30 pence. The library staff are lovely people and always chatty. My massive big weakness is Books. As such, I borrow expensive books to have a read before I buy a copy to keep from Blackwells.

Most of the ice has now thawed which is great for walking and getting on with some important gardening.

I’ve worked out that I really don’t need my car. Apart from getting heavy stuff like compost, soil and manure I can do everything by public transport. Maybe I will get rid of it next year. 750 miles in a year ain’t much.

Be Good. Take Care.

;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Family day out, we wandered around Christmas markets and had an early dinner (4pm) in a lovely city pub.
Drove home in shocking weather that had the car sliding about, we got stuck behind someone in a Smart Car that was going 25mph in a 50mph zone and it wasn't really safe to try and get past in the conditions, so that was fun.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I managed to get myself to work this morning. Given that I did the day in the office (starting early because it was the first proper season transfer day) and then stitched myself up by offering to do a transfer, that was then delayed A LOT so I got home at 2.25am :shock: :shock: I didn't go in for the planned 7am, but I did make it for 9am! LOL

But, no way could I deal with any of the French calls today!! But I did a ton of paperwork! LOL :lol: :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Went Xmas shopping. It was nice. I got side cutters and a set of tweezers in the Range. I like Xmas.
Taipan age 59 1/2
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Went to IKEA.

Genuinely wondered if I'd missed a fire alarm or something.

cheb

Post by cheb »

More taping and filing in spawn's new house.

And they have the electric now, the meter was installed earlier today.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Drove back from Reims. French motorways are awesome! Back in the UK into backed up roadworks and congestion.

Managed to collect the dog early as Eurotunnel allowed us onto an earlier crossing which is nice of them.

Had a bottle of French beer at home! Now relaxing and thinking about the fact that I have to take daughter to her cleaning job in two hours.... should be sober enough by then?!?

Below is a photo of part of the light show on Reims Notre Dame on Saturday evening. Really good and the accompanying sound track was not too loud either. Well attended but now overly crowded.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:16 pm Went to IKEA.

Genuinely wondered if I'd missed a fire alarm or something.

There’s a company called Jysk that do similar stuff to IKEA but at a lower price, I’m told. No idea if there’s one near you but they have a website.
Mick
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Fitted 4 new toilet seats, relocated 2 lots of coat hooks, prepared the ceiling in the back passage (fnar fnar!) for painting tomorrow

Rock'n'roll lifestyle I lead.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

636mick wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:51 pm There’s a company called Jysk that do similar stuff to IKEA but at a lower price, I’m told. No idea if there’s one near you but they have a website.
Mick
Being cheaper than IKEA would be quite impressive.

They'd struggle to be nearer me though :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:29 pm
636mick wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:51 pm There’s a company called Jysk that do similar stuff to IKEA but at a lower price, I’m told. No idea if there’s one near you but they have a website.
Mick
Being cheaper than IKEA would be quite impressive.

They'd struggle to be nearer me though :D
They haven't got further south than Coventry yet. They seem to focus on places (with a couple of exceptions eg York and Leeds) that you probably wouldn't want to go to. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

There's one in Southampton!

Oh. :(
Druid

Post by Druid »

I finished painting the woodwork in the living room and hall, then went for a walk in the snow around the nature reserve.

DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Christmas shopping in la Rochelle, I hate to be a neggy old ex-pat but its so much more enjoyable than Christmas shopping in the UK. Ive not had to queue to get into town, parking was free and nearby, my heads not ringing from effing Noddy Holder.

Anyway - tootled about, won a 20 quid gift card in the department store, bought some Christmas crap, glass of hot wine at the old harbour and home. The missus is very pleased with me.