What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

Scored a Hideout Jacket off the bay for 150 quid. Superb quality. Damn thing is like new,not even broken in. 8-)

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I’ve sat around with What’s become known at work as “the cold”….
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got drunk!! :o :o First time in I can't remember how long! Gotta be 2 years or more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Not solo, I was 'helped'!! And, happy drunk with friends, not solo misery drunk!!! There are now two people here that have seen me drunk! I'm pretty sure none of the peeps that live up here now have :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sometimes you find out that you actually do have totally awesome friends. Not many, but you don't need many if you have a couple!

Got home without incident - now to negotiate the steps to bed and it will have been a day that finished WAYYYYYYYY better than it started!! :bblonde: :bblonde:

Roll on Christmas! :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :wub: :wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I read somewhere that drinking is bad for you, so I stopped! Reading that is...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:57 pm I read somewhere that drinking is bad for you, so I stopped! Reading that is...
Me too! Well the kind of books that say that sort of shit!! LOL :lol:

Most winters I drive, so never really drank and I don't drink alone and rarely met up with people I wanted to drink with! Along with alcool being expensive up here (for me!!)

But I do love a genepi and a spice rum and lemonade!! And was with a brilliant couple of mate last night.

A totally shit birthday turned around to a freaking awesome birthday evening :lol: :lol: :wub: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:27 am
Taipan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:57 pm I read somewhere that drinking is bad for you, so I stopped! Reading that is...

Most winters I drive, so never really drank and I don't drink alone and rarely met up with people I wanted to drink with! Along with alcool being expensive up here (for me!!)

But I do love a genepi and a spice rum and lemonade!! And was with a brilliant couple of mate last night.

A totally shit birthday turned around to a freaking awesome birthday evening :lol: :lol: :wub: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Did we miss your birthday? :(
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

Rewired a couple of portable double floodlights I found in a skip. And they work.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Got in around 3.30am, following my work Xmas party. Wasn't a particularly riotous event, but my on-going urinary issues resulted in a late-night trip to the Royal London to beg, borrow or steal a catheter tube as I hadn't been able to piss since around 9pm. Having cocked it up (pun intended) trying to do it myself in the toilet (result: lots of blood, sore cock), the A+E Sister took pity on me, led me into treatment room and did a professional job. Over a litre of piss was taken.
Never have I been so grateful to have the piss ripped out of me. Fucking agony.

Edit: and then couldn't get a cab for love nor money. Uber Exec home for about a £100. Sat in the back of a lovely E-Class Merc, back of my jeans stinking of piss. Classy guy, me. :lol:

Might have to rethink my relationship with beer. Much as I love it, I can't get rid of the bloody stuff once I've drunk it.
Last edited by gremlin on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:15 am Got in around 3.30am, following my work Xmas party. Wasn't a particularly riotous event, but my on-going urinary issues resulted in a late-night trip to the Royal London to beg, borrow or steal a catheter tube as I hadn't been able to piss since around 9pm. Having cocked it up (pun intended) trying to do it myself in the toilet (result: lots of blood, sore cock), the A+E Sister took pity on me, led me into treatment room and did a professional job. Over a litre of piss was taken.

Might have to rethink my relationship with beer. Much as I love it, I can't get rid of the bloody stuff once I've drunk it.
Jesus! There's me feeling pissed off about having to get up once or twice a night for a wazz after a few drinks!
Can't imagine how uncomfortable that must feel :shock:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:15 am Might have to rethink my relationship with beer. Much as I love it, I can't get rid of the bloody stuff once I've drunk it.
What would happen if you took a couple of water tablets with every pint? Diuretics could be your best friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:15 am Got in around 3.30am, following my work Xmas party. Wasn't a particularly riotous event, but my on-going urinary issues resulted in a late-night trip to the Royal London to beg, borrow or steal a catheter tube as I hadn't been able to piss since around 9pm. Having cocked it up (pun intended) trying to do it myself in the toilet (result: lots of blood, sore cock), the A+E Sister took pity on me, led me into treatment room and did a professional job. Over a litre of piss was taken.

Edit: and then couldn't get a cab for love nor money. Uber Exec home for about a £100. Sat in the back of a lovely E-Class Merc, back of my jeans stinking of piss. Classy guy, me. :lol:

TURP time surely?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:24 am
gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:15 am Might have to rethink my relationship with beer. Much as I love it, I can't get rid of the bloody stuff once I've drunk it.
What would happen if you took a couple of water tablets with every pint? Diuretics could be your best friend.
I have Tamsulosin, which I actually remembered to take yesterday. Usually it allows the pee to flow more easily. Not sure what happened last night. I think I 'over filled', which is a cardinal sin as the inter-digital muscles of the bladder then can't squeeze, hence it doesn't empty properly. Add into the mix that I'm a such a top bloke that people cannot resist shoving a fresh pint in my hand every 10 minutes, and you've got the makings of a piss-related catastrophe.

Pissing this morning is akin to pissing needles. Ouch. :thumbdown:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:38 am

TURP time surely?
TURP?

I hope you're not suggesting I change my tipple turpentine. :o
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:50 am

TURP time surely?
TURP?

Lol! transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)

https://www.nhsinform.scot/tests-and-tr ... he%20penis).

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:21 am

TURP time surely?
TURP?

Surgery was discussed with my consultant, but we both veered away from it this stage, in favour of self management, i.e. resist drinking vast qualities of beer in a short amount of time and, should the need arise, self-catheterising, which I thought was a bit OTT. Last night proves that maybe I was wrong! Hence, I have a stock of catheter tubes and his instruction to take one whenever I'm out drinking. His actual words were, 'You'll end up in agony in some A&E department somewhere waiting bloody ages'. I should have heeded these wise words.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:30 am

Yeah but TBF, most people do - shit time of year!! :lol: :lol:

But, the girls made me promise to go down the valley for next year and party with people that will!! LOL So, next year I'll rock the birthday :D :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:49 am
Count Steer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:30 am

Yeah but TBF, most people do - shit time of year!! :lol: :lol:

But, the girls made me promise to go down the valley for next year and party with people that will!! LOL So, next year I'll rock the birthday :D :D
Aww. Bum. :( I normally check the birthdays at the bottom of the page on here.

So, a belated Happy Birthday Noggin! 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 :thumbup: Glad you had a good one. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:37 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:21 am

TURP?

Surgery was discussed with my consultant, but we both veered away from it this stage, in favour of self management, i.e. resist drinking vast qualities of beer in a short amount of time and, should the need arise, self-catheterising, which I thought was a bit OTT. Last night proves that maybe I was wrong! Hence, I have a stock of catheter tubes and his instruction to take one whenever I'm out drinking. His actual words were, 'You'll end up in agony in some A&E department somewhere waiting bloody ages'. I should have heeded these wise words.
You shold get it done. You're also at risk of water infections as well as pain. Water infections are not a good thing!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Up and out in the garden at 05:00 Brrrr....! I needed to get some cherry and plum seeds sown while the freezing weather is here.

Meanwhile...this morning five grey squirrels were chasing each other in the trees. Yesterday I woke up to find that some of my newly planted bulbs had been dug out with soil scattered everywhere. F***** Squirrels! I had to cover all the pots with slate until my wire netting arrived. I’ll wait until Spring to find out which bulbs they have nicked.

The joys of gardening!

Pleased the plants I had ordered from Northern Ireland have arrived. I was dreading they would be held up because of the RM’s industrial action.

Be Good. Take Care.

:)
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Gremlin, Water infections are horrible. They leave me feeling a bit out of it if I don’t get antibiotics almost straight away. If you’re feeling like pissing needles may be worth a call to the doc to get some prescribed. Sepsis is easily caused by ignoring the symptoms,
Mick