When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dickyboy

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Dickyboy »

Lovely day, so I rode up to Dave Woods to get the guzzi booked in on their dyno, then came home & took the GS to see it's previous owner - he's not got long in this world so it was a tough afternoon ☹️ doubt we'll get many days like this for a while.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Rode over to Tamarit motorcycles yesterday, and it was only a 5 mile ride in the sunshine. Never knew this place was there, and we got the full tour by the owner and chief designer. Had one that had just been completed and was ready to go to its new owner in London.
https://tamaritmotorcycles.com/
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Joined a pal today on one of his tours..
20221128_110213.jpg
20221128_110213.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 489 times
Potter

Post by Potter »

I haven't actually ridden any because it's been really cold, but I have finished rebuilding a couple and sat on them imagining what it will be like to ride them again.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Potter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:40 pm I haven't actually ridden any because it's been really cold, but I have finished rebuilding a couple and sat on them imagining what it will be like to ride them again.
Are they 350 YPVS wheels on the LC?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

20221129_154430.jpg
20221129_154430.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 441 times
20221129_154440.jpg
20221129_154440.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 441 times
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bustaspoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:27 pm
TZR250 forks, TZR125R Belgarda Brembo wheels - the same ones the Yamaha Past Masters race guys use so I can use 140 section modern rubber.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:29 pm
Bustaspoke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:27 pm
TZR250 forks, TZR125R Belgarda Brembo wheels - the same ones the Yamaha Past Masters race guys use so I can use 140 section modern rubber.
I just wish that someone would make a set of slightly wider light weight 17" wheels in the style of the original LCs that could take modern rubber. I like the TZR125R wheels on yours, but to my mind the OE wheels are a defining aspect of the LC look. But in terms of weight they really are boat anchors.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:14 pm
I just wish that someone would make a set of slightly wider light weight 17" wheels in the style of the original LCs that could take modern rubber. I like the TZR125R wheels on yours, but to my mind the OE wheels are a defining aspect of the LC look. But in terms of weight they really are boat anchors.
Yes I agree, the standard wheels look better, the LC doesn't quite look right on those 17s, I tried to keep it as standard looking as possible, but it's one of those things where you do a double take because it doesn't quite look right.

The standard wheels don't actually make it a worse bike, it's just different, in fact it's arguably a better bike with the standard wheels, you can feel the momentum in the heavier wheels and it does make for a slightly more stable and lazier ride, which isn't bad, but I wanted it to feel a bit more modern - which is what I would have done back in the day - but you do lose some of that legendary LC road holding that made it feel like it was glued to the road, because now it's a bit more flighty. I've kept all the standard parts and I might put them back on one day.

My lad is nineteen soon and he's itching to get out on it, we have some brilliant memories of being out on it together when he was just a kid, he was on the back at six years old, so now he's got a full bike license he just has to wait until he's nineteen to be legally allowed to ride a 350. He sold his KTM390 when he left Dubai and the other day he said "I can't wait to get out on my bike", I said "What bike? You don't have one" and he said "The LC" - so it looks like he's not going to bother waiting until I'm dead before he decides to inherit it.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Whysub wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:25 am Rode over to Tamarit motorcycles yesterday, and it was only a 5 mile ride in the sunshine. Never knew this place was there, and we got the full tour by the owner and chief designer. Had one that had just been completed and was ready to go to its new owner in London.
Oooh some of those are flipping lovely.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 am
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:14 pm
Yes I agree, the standard wheels look better, the LC doesn't quite look right on those 17s, I tried to keep it as standard looking as possible, but it's one of those things where you do a double take because it doesn't quite look right.

The standard wheels don't actually make it a worse bike, it's just different, in fact it's arguably a better bike with the standard wheels, you can feel the momentum in the heavier wheels and it does make for a slightly more stable and lazier ride, which isn't bad, but I wanted it to feel a bit more modern - which is what I would have done back in the day - but you do lose some of that legendary LC road holding that made it feel like it was glued to the road, because now it's a bit more flighty. I've kept all the standard parts and I might put them back on one day.

My lad is nineteen soon and he's itching to get out on it, we have some brilliant memories of being out on it together when he was just a kid, he was on the back at six years old, so now he's got a full bike license he just has to wait until he's nineteen to be legally allowed to ride a 350. He sold his KTM390 when he left Dubai and the other day he said "I can't wait to get out on my bike", I said "What bike? You don't have one" and he said "The LC" - so it looks like he's not going to bother waiting until I'm dead before he decides to inherit it.
Yes, agree with all that. In the early 80s I modded my LC quite substantially - upgraded forks, AP Lockeed calipers and m/cyl, box section extended swingarm, 3/4 fairing, rearsets, clipons - all the usual stuff. But I'm determined not to go down that rabbit hole again - apart from the unseen mods I've made (YSS shock, cartridge emulators in the forks), the only visible mod I've made has been to fit caliper adaptors for a pair of Brembo Goldlines (painted black) and a matching Brembo m/cyl off an FZ6, and you do have to look closely to spot them. I never really got on with the OE brakes even from new and the intervening 40 years have not improved them. I'm much happier with brakes that are on a par with modern stuff and also have good feel.

But your LC looks sweet and initially looks OE - it takes a couple of seconds to clock the mods you've made and they integrate well. Shame your son will relieve you of it very soon... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I took the Street Triple out for spin.It's a lot cooler than it has been,but no ice so I wanted to see how warm my new jacket is in this chilly weather
https://www.revitsport.com/en/motorcycl ... do-3-black
Happy to say that the jacket performed well :thumbup:
I called in at one of my mate's for a brew & catchup,a few of us are doing a week in Ireland next year,thinking about some of the Wild Atlantic way.

Pretty grey & autumnal out there.going dark at 3.30 in the afternoon :shock:
In the last couple of weeks I've fitted new chain & sprockets plus done the oil & filter,I'm thinking of now putting the Street Triple into hibernation on a SORN for a couple of months.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Whysub wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:25 am Rode over to Tamarit motorcycles yesterday, and it was only a 5 mile ride in the sunshine. Never knew this place was there, and we got the full tour by the owner and chief designer. Had one that had just been completed and was ready to go to its new owner in London.
Not too shabby... however, not one of them has *proper* swept back headers like we had on Tritons back in the day. They'd probably be willing to make some if you mentioned it on your build spec list. I've yet to to that style on any of the modern Trumpets.

Like this:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Can hardly believe that it's the 1st December & I've just been to the supermarket on a bike. Don't remember that last time I've ridden on the road this late in the year!

Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I was going take the Street Triple off the road for Winter,but as the gritters haven't yet been out around here I'll keep riding it for another few weeks :thumbup: .
I went to fill it up as the fuel was getting low & once again ended up filling the tank with E10,not seen any E5 for a few weeks :shock:

The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I need to fill mine with E5, thanks for the reminder.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

When I bought the boy's HD off him I gave him my CBF125 as a trade in, the MOT situation is a joke in NI so the only MOT I could get was in Belfast. I live in Ballymena so it was a 65 mile round trip today with me holding the poor wee thing flat out the whole way.

Some difference from an 1150GS, I'll say that much.

Saying that, we had the granddaughter staying with us last night and she wasn't well. I had the GS out to get her Calpol from Tesco at 6am.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:47 am Can hardly believe that it's the 1st December & I've just been to the supermarket on a bike. Don't remember that last time I've ridden on the road this late in the year!

What you drinking 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm What you drinking 🤷🏻‍♂️
They were on offer! Good job I had some straps in the bags....
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Brewdog, selection pack. Let to right : Dead Pony, Not Sure, Punk IPA , Hazy Jane. Good beers....