Cbr650r ???

Anything you like about motorbikes
The Spin Doctor

Re: Cbr650r ???

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I'm sure those pipes must get the Weeksy Seal of Approval :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Skub

Post by Skub »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:09 pm I'm sure those pipes must get the Weeksy Seal of Approval :)
The magic touch of @Trinity765
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:20 pm
The Spin Doctor wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:09 pm I'm sure those pipes must get the Weeksy Seal of Approval :)
The magic touch of @Trinity765
Photoshopped!

Mine aren't even that clean and there's only 300 miles on it's clock.
Lockdown refugee
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Thanks for the compliment👍 these pipes have seen 2250 miles and a fair amount of wet weather.
To be honest, they're easy to clean.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

There's a MY 19 for sale near me. 1700 miles and mint in red. Will have a look on Saturday. I'm also liking the zx6r.

I've had my MT09 for sale, but very quiet, so it may be a PX job. What this will do is up my budget to about 7k ish. Requirements are general road riding, some trackday fooling and luggage, rack will sort that out, both available.

Loving the looks of the red cbr but losing out a bit on trackday power. Does that matter?, no not really but it's in the head. I read both bikes are comfortable , would like a QS and heated grips.

So what are the opinions the RTTL masses. ???
Yamaha rocket 3
The Spin Doctor

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 am Loving the looks of the red cbr but losing out a bit on trackday power. Does that matter?, no not really but it's in the head.
Depends on the track... no bike can go faster round a bend than tyres allow cornering grip - the old 125 GP bikes were usually faster round the bends than the MotoGP machines. With modest power, it's often easier to use all of it when the bend opens up too. My Hornet was a hoot on the Brands Indy circuit.

There's a wonderful video of a mad French rider trouncing a bunch of much quicker sports bikes on track riding a 50hp Dullville on YouTube.

Oh, and get a heated vest, not the grips. You won't regret it. The body stays warm, the blood circulating down your arms stays warm and fingers stay flexible. Heated grips feel nice but don't really do much to warm the blood, and the rest of you gets cold. The vest won't be much more expensive, you can swap it from bike to bike, and it'll last a lot longer before the wiring fails.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Heated gloves for warm hands, with the added bonus that you don't have to modify the bike.
Honda Owner
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Buckaroo wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:47 pm
Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:45 pm What were the updates in 2021. ?
Not a great deal, other than Showa big piston forks, which improved the handling a lot and the digital screen was moved back to handle glare better. Less oil in the engine as well.

I'm Weekysesc when it comes to keeping my stuff in good nick. My Vespa and my umpteen bicycles are also well cared for. Part of the fun of ownership for me.
We have a new Bike cleaning measurement for the forum:

"On a scale of @Trinity765 to @weeksy how clean are your headers?"
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
The Spin Doctor

Ditchfinder wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:03 pm We have a new Bike cleaning measurement for the forum:

"On a scale of @Trinity765 to @weeksy how clean are your headers?"
Can there be a -Trinity score? I think that would be mine. I HAVE cleaned them... no idea when, though!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Full on Weeksymax for mine👌
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 am There's a MY 19 for sale near me. 1700 miles and mint in red. Will have a look on Saturday. I'm also liking the zx6r.

I've had my MT09 for sale, but very quiet, so it may be a PX job. What this will do is up my budget to about 7k ish. Requirements are general road riding, some trackday fooling and luggage, rack will sort that out, both available.

Loving the looks of the red cbr but losing out a bit on trackday power. Does that matter?, no not really but it's in the head. I read both bikes are comfortable , would like a QS and heated grips.

The ZX6R will be 120 ish bhp as they stopped making the 636 supersport in 2020 and went to the 650 Ninja which has about 50 less bhp and a twin cylinder engine in a set of ninja bodywork. The difference will be chalk and cheese. The 636 also has a QS on the upshifts

My eldest passed his test in Jan this year and got a
2020 636 which is a lovely little bike and would happily have one myself …. I doubt anyone could convince me to buy one of the replacement 650 Ninjas
ninja

Post by ninja »

I've rented the unfaired version in Thailand a couple of times. One was very old and clunky. The other was brand new.

Great little bikes, I thought. Handled all right and enough poke to keep you smiling on smaller twisty roads.

Of course, I don't know much about model differences, so the unfaired version may not be the same, but I liked it and even thought about buying one back home. I bought a Z1000 instead, which is a different beast.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 am There's a MY 19 for sale near me. 1700 miles and mint in red. Will have a look on Saturday. I'm also liking the zx6r.

One of these over your MT09.... i'm a no.
Pgm

Post by Pgm »

weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:48 am

Ok not ridden either but I’m with weeksy, what do you not like about the mt09?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Got the GS for arm chair road work and trips, fancy something a bit sportier for track and short days out. Also just fancy a change. MT is a great bike and does everything well though. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:48 am

Yup me too- it has a lot less shove ( and arguably character ) than your MT and I think you may find it dull- might not be an issue on the road but if you are buying it with one eye on trackdays, I think you may be disappointed, and I'd deffo recommend getting a go on one before you part with £££ - ride your MT there so you have a direct comparison- @2xtwins has had one once or twice as a loan bike so am sure he'll give you a view too if you're interested

Or looking at it another way, instead of a (pretty but not that exciting) shopping bike, you could have a very nice ( and quite manly with a measured 142 real wheel HP :D ) 954 Fireblade and still, have enough for heated grips / a QS / a few trackdays for under half the price of the 650... ;)
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

I bought mine new and 2 weeks later rode it to donington for a Trackday completely standard tyres the lot, a mate was there on his fire blade and we’re a similar speed. He chased the 650 down but after a couple of big slides he stayed behind as the pace was good enough for fun, he did pass once but I got him back on the brakes. I’m still amazed how well it went for a standard bike, I’d go as far as saying prob the best standard bike I be ridden. Massively better than my MT09SP and S1000R. It just worked and was very confidence inspiring. An MT09 on track isn’t in the same league, mine wallowed weaved and generally handled poor with little front end feel when slicks were fitted.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I know it's hard when you want a new toy, but I'd wait until the 750 Hornet reviews land.

I know it's not faired and the styling is a bit bland, but the specs look brilliant for the money.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

However for a few Trackdays a few year old SS600 is a better bet 👍
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:54 pm I know it's hard when you want a new toy, but I'd wait until the 750 Hornet reviews land.

I know it's not faired and the styling is a bit bland, but the specs look brilliant for the money.
I’m gonna get a go on that, I love the CB500 and if they have made it a 90hp version of that I’m in 👍