Depression

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wscad

Re: Depression

Post by Wscad »

I’ve been fairly chipper these last few days despite the following :-

Friday.....2 new Michelin cross climate tyres for my wife’s polo £250.
Saturday..... new boiler fitted £2300.
Today.....£100 to fill my van full of fuel.

Freezer in garage is full of food, as is the one in the kitchen

Clothes in the wardrobe, a few quid in the back pocket and some dosh in the bank

Wife says she loves me, and I love her cos she’s booked and paid for a week in the canary isles at the end of Nov.

Today I have bought some mealworm for the robins😳it’s not cheap and if the little sods don’t get to be mates with me then they will be back on the cheap stuff.

🖖live long and prosper everyone

I have also discovered how to “thank people on this forum”
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Wscad wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:08 pm I’ve been fairly chipper these last few days despite the following :-

Clothes in the wardrobe, a few quid in the back pocket and some dosh in the bank

Wife says she loves me, and I love her cos she’s booked and paid for a week in the canary isles at the end of Nov.

Ooh. Which one?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:30 pm
Wscad wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:08 pm I’ve been fairly chipper these last few days despite the following :-

Ooh. Which one?
He only has 1 wife.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:50 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:30 pm

Ooh. Which one?
He only has 1 wife.
He could be Sheik Wscad and has a large Harem?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Things will get worse, things will get better, things will increase but we will find a way to live together !
tricol

Post by tricol »

Feeling extremely deflated this morning. Think the news again hitting us with the recession fears. Actually, not really fears any longer, it's happening.
Yamaha MT09 SP
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Some days are good and some days are not so good. A mate told me the other day.

There is no such thing as a bad day...........there are good days and better days. It sort of works for me currently
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Wscad wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:09 pm Some days are good and some days are not so good. A mate told me the other day.

There is no such thing as a bad day...........there are good days and better days. It sort of works for me currently
When I'm down I think I could be a bit poorly here or a bit poorly in Bradford.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

tricol wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 pm Feeling extremely deflated this morning. Think the news again hitting us with the recession fears. Actually, not really fears any longer, it's happening.
Don't watch, read or listen to the news. It won't change anything.

Either way you'll have more or less money each money, but you can't change, affect or influence it
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I've gone further than that. My Step Father-in-Law is retired and has too much time on his hands and watches the news far too much because of it. So I've banned him from talking about current affairs as he has no conversation other than voicing his worries about nuclear wars, financial collapse and all manner of dramatic, impending doom he's being fed by the news agencies. :roll:

It drives the wife and I up the wall. Visiting him became all about how quick could we get away again! According to him, I'm just burying my head in the sand, but I told him it's still brighter down there than listening to him banging on! So we've agreed to drop the news and politics, but he still cant help slipping in a quick, "The worlds gone mad"!

I get in around 6 each night and used to watch an hour of local and international news. I don't anymore and that black cloud has floated away.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

weeksy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:04 am
tricol wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 pm Feeling extremely deflated this morning. Think the news again hitting us with the recession fears. Actually, not really fears any longer, it's happening.

Either way you'll have more or less money each money, but you can't change, affect or influence it
Watch the News your bound to lose!
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:04 am

100% this, nothing you can do about the doom and gloom being reported so just don’t bother, do something you enjoy instead even if it’s sitting doing nothing it’s all preferable to the news. I’ve stopped in the last month or two and instead I put music or the radio on when I get home. The only change I can make to what’s happening is once every 4 years or so and that’s what I’ll do. The rest of it I can’t alter.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Taipan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:53 am "The worlds gone mad"!
It has though tbh...;)

My parents are similar. Their only info comes from what they see on the news or what is happening on eastenders, it's sad really. Having a convo with them is tricky when it comes to politics so we have a pact that we don't talk about politics - much!...:)

When your only news comes from our scheming media, then your brain is guaranteed to get fried to a pulp!
Deadpool2

Post by Deadpool2 »

I can't offer any advice, being on the knife edge myself.

Perversely, while its somewhat harder working from home (social exclusion), its also easier in some ways as I can grab a quick nap in the day (I have trouble sleeping).

Work gets me up in the morning but otherwise I just CBA. Literally am on the couch all weekend, can't be bothered going out and having both my shoulders being frozen and a bad back, leaves me in constant pain.

I know why I struggle, grief, loss etc but there is no end in sight. There is nothing I can do, really nothing except accept, and no matter what I do its very difficult.

Good luck
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Made the mistake of watching question time again last night. Switched off half way through. I’m going to make a point of not watching it again. Been hacked off all day today
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Deadpool2 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:50 pm I can't offer any advice, being on the knife edge myself.

Perversely, while its somewhat harder working from home (social exclusion), its also easier in some ways as I can grab a quick nap in the day (I have trouble sleeping).

Work gets me up in the morning but otherwise I just CBA. Literally am on the couch all weekend, can't be bothered going out and having both my shoulders being frozen and a bad back, leaves me in constant pain.

I know why I struggle, grief, loss etc but there is no end in sight. There is nothing I can do, really nothing except accept, and no matter what I do its very difficult.

Good luck
About half of that applies to me.
Thankfully I don't have the work bit to contend with. When I retired I'd just come out of a dark period so perfect timing.

I think I met you when you came to a party in Thame?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Wscad wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:17 pm Made the mistake of watching question time again last night. Switched off half way through. I’m going to make a point of not watching it again. Been hacked off all day today
I follow the UK news on BBC website. But only open the links I find interesting.
Deadpool2

Post by Deadpool2 »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:20 pm
Deadpool2 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:50 pm I can't offer any advice, being on the knife edge myself.

Good luck
About half of that applies to me.
Thankfully I don't have the work bit to contend with. When I retired I'd just come out of a dark period so perfect timing.

I think I met you when you came to a party in Thame?
We did, I had a blue 954 someone tried for size lol
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Good luck
That very post there, up there... :roll: :roll: :roll: is positivity and goodness in dire adversity and i have all respect for you!
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

There is also the stress problem. Wife is guardian for her cousins 16 year old daughter. She is at Harrogate ladies college at 45 thousand pounds a year.

It’s half term now , so she’s at our gaff, her bedroom blinds are down all day and she never opens the windows.

She will never start a conversation , she is voice activated .

Apart from that. .........wscad house is doing ok

I hope everyone out there are doing ok

🖖live long and prosper