General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
slowsider

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by slowsider »

You might push the boat out and use a clean glass :P :P
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Collected wife from station. Celebrated her 50th birthday. Going to do a lunch somewhere today and then a good dinner tonight with prosecco etc... Children are both home, so that makes it extra special for her.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Got back from the Alps at midnight, now up and battling the insanity.... working and getting the crazy going.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:14 pm Spent more than £5 on a bottle of wine! :crazy: It’s such an occasion I took an arty photo of it! :thumbup:

That's not a bad daily plonk. Did you try the mobile app and get the stories of the crimes?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yes, we need to know what the crime was and how many of them you have collected so far?
Felix

Post by Felix »

slowsider wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:01 am You might push the boat out and use a clean glass :P :P
That is his lipstick
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:23 am Yes, we need to know what the crime was and how many of them you have collected so far?
Crime 18, spared the noose, found love in a strange place blah blah. :wtf: I wont be collecting anymore, far too expensive for this cheapskate! :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bit late to post this but, finally had a chat with the guy that offered me a winter job. I now, at last, have confirmation of a winter job!!

Mostly office work, as much French speaking as English (probably more) with some driving if necessary. I'll be working for a Taxi company in resort, they've bought an office in my building, so the commute is a little bit dodgy :lol: :lol:

Well chuffed here :bblonde: Also feeling a bit daft that I've spent so much time concentrating on learning French that it never occurred to me that employers up here would want me not because I speak french, but because I speak French AND English!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways - :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dropped Kuga off to get tracking and fronts balanced. Middle of industrial estate in Newbury. Typical back street dives and truck fitter area.

The guy tells us to try the cafe round the corner next to welding place.

We go in and there's Lambos, Ferraris, Aston's etc. Wtf..

Strange, just the middle of the industrial estate.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just found out today that the cat sit stay I'm doing is not only leaving me use of their car, but also a pushbike with 'adapted for bad shoulders' bars (no idea how they are adapted) and the pass for the local swimming pool, but -

Also, the use of his motorsickle. Originally, for no reason, I thought this bike was a Dullsville. It isn't :D :D It's a

CBF1000 :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Seating position I should be able to manage (well, arm position) and a chance to ride a bike that is 'normal for me' (ie a big bugger instead of the dinky Duc!!)

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Sadly, they don't go away until 19th October, so I'm hoping for a sunny late October!!! :D :D And even start of November! At least they live lower down, so hopefully there's be less frost :D :D

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The CBF has an adjustable height seat, if you pop it off it should be obvious how to adjust it... just incase.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:47 pm The CBF has an adjustable height seat, if you pop it off it should be obvious how to adjust it... just incase.
That's awesome!!

I'll ask him if he knows cos he's actually a short arse; I just have legs that are short (on a bike) than they look :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBF, I've never been able to get my feet flat both sides on any bike I've had pre Monster, so it would be more the norm than what I'm riding now :D
Horse

Post by Horse »

demographic wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:55 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:53 pm Someone from the previous incarnations of RTTL
Sam in Cumbria?
Blimey, that's a name from the past! Went off for a drink with him one evening while staying nearby with friends.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:14 pm Spent more than £5 on a bottle of wine! :crazy: It’s such an occasion I took an arty photo of it! :thumbup:
My favourite tipple :)

We only buy it from tesco when it's reduced, then buy 6 for extra discount :)

In fact, I'll join you ...
20220902_201406.jpg
20220902_201406.jpg (873.85 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Horse wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:21 pm

20220902_201406.jpg
I see someone else that doesn't drink out of oversized buckets! :thumbup:
David

Post by David »

Taipan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am
Horse wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:21 pm

20220902_201406.jpg
I see someone else that doesn't drink out of oversized buckets! :thumbup:
And someone else with an eckornes chair...
Skub

Post by Skub »

Pissing all day today,so I slobbed out and watched all of FP3 & 4 plus qualifying for Misano.

Judging by the weather forecast,I'll be doing the same tomorrow.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Regreased the Curtis’ headset (Chris King, 3 years old and still going strong). Refitted my newly serviced DT Swiss forks, only marred by TF Tuned forgetting to thread the lockout cable through a bracket meaning I had to redo the hateful thing myself. Dog walk and dinner.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:13 pm Regreased the Curtis’ headset (Chris King, 3 years old and still going strong).
I've got Chris King headsets and bottom brackets on most of the fleet but blimey it's got expensive.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had an awesome weekend. Rode the bike each day (not much yesterday, but I still rode!) and spent pretty much all of yesterday chatting with SSD (from the old place) as he was 'passing' for the second time in three weeks and stayed at my friends chalet, this time with a loonatic mate who cycled from La Plagne, down to the valley and then up to the Col de l'Iseran and back down to Bourg :o :o :o :o Frikkin mad man, but he did it and survived to chat yesterday evening and this morning :o Fair play!!

So, whilst he was doing that, SSD and I chatted, drove down to Bourg to have coffee at my friend's shop and get some pastys. More chat. Then we drove up to meet his mate at the top of the Col de l'Iseran - we were actually a bit slow and met him on the way back down about 4kms from the top!! He carried on down and me and SSD continued (in their van) to the top, turned round and met the loony back down in Bourg for refreshments

All three in the van back up to the chalet then met up for dinner and more chat with the chalet friends and another friend that lives in resort too

This morning - breakfast (arrived just in time for breakfast to find the boys were still in the hot tub :lol: :lol: ), more chat, then said goodbye and I went to the valley to my friends shop to catch up with people and they headed off to continue their trip

I finished last week bloody miserable and sulky because I was missing yet another Pembrey TD. But actually, I've had an awesome weekend :D :D :bblonde: :bblonde: