A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: A right now thread

Post by Taipan »

Dunno what felix is linking to as this 3rd world crap hole doesn’t have an internet signal! But it’s not the gas cooker with canisters. It’s the thing on top Wichita is a Swedish made Omnia oven, which sits on aforementioned gas cooker. Soz I can’t link as major Spanish cities are internet wankers and I hate them!

Singalong everyone; Spain is shite, Spain is shite, but it’s cheap wine is alright, so some redeeming features!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:14 pm Dunno what felix is linking to as this 3rd world crap hole doesn’t have an internet signal! But it’s not the gas cooker with canisters. It’s the thing on top Wichita is a Swedish made Omnia oven, which sits on aforementioned gas cooker. Soz I can’t link as major Spanish cities are internet wankers and I hate them!

Singalong everyone; Spain is shite, Spain is shite, but it’s cheap wine is alright, so some redeeming features!
España es una mierda.
Las Canarias son fantásticas
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Felix wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Aldi, B&M, Go outdoors did sell them. They cost about a tenner and the gas canisters are cheap as chips

Dont go to Go Outdoors as they want 20 quid

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16233482/c ... e-16233482
That's the stove, he's on about the 'oven' on top of it https://gearfreak.uk/shop/194-pots-and- ... p-oven-2l/
Felix

Post by Felix »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:19 pm
Felix wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Aldi, B&M, Go outdoors did sell them. They cost about a tenner and the gas canisters are cheap as chips

Dont go to Go Outdoors as they want 20 quid

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16233482/c ... e-16233482
That's the stove, he's on about the 'oven' on top of it https://gearfreak.uk/shop/194-pots-and- ... p-oven-2l/
Easy mistake :lol:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Just woke up and went outside. The valley seems smokey, it's another two hours until sunrise so difficult to tell, certainly smells it. There was lightning in the distance last night so maybe another fire. It's first night of fiesta in the village, it's the bass from the sound system that actually woke me, it's 4km in a straight line from the house to the village, I'll be there tomorrow night. 😎
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting looking out of my window before I sort some coffee and breakfast. It rained loads here last night and it looks like it snowed a similar amount over on Mont Blanc - she's been seriously lacking in the white stuff this year. Less snow than I ever remember seeing from here, so this makes me smile that she's got a bit more of a covering today :D :D

Still not as much as I think is normal, but definitely more than the last few weeks (maybe months) :banana-dance:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

3C9E4285-AAA2-4F72-9D3F-075E9F432153.jpeg
3C9E4285-AAA2-4F72-9D3F-075E9F432153.jpeg (78.43 KiB) Viewed 397 times
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Better picture from my walk! There's more cloud now so I reckon it's suggesting more rain this afternoon/evening!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just booked us in for another night here! In no rush to leave the sun, beach and sea!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:04 pm Just booked us in for another night here! In no rush to leave the sun, beach and sea!
Don't head any further sarf
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm drying out after walking from the bar to a mates car and from being dropped off to walking home. Not far either time, but BIG rain!!

Two things - my walking boots are not water proof :(

HTF did people in the 70's manage with flares!! Cos it was cooler tonight I grabbed a pair of jeans that I turned into flares when I had the knee/leg brace on. They are quite pretty really, but when they get wet, well DAMN they are tough to walk in!! Not certain how I managed to get home without tripping over them!! :lol: :lol: Definitely relegating them to cold DRY days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Water leak at the back of the house under the concrete. The water is pumped, wifey noticed a noise at 6am and went to investigate, water pissing out of the ground, so water and pump off. The pump looks to be a leftover bit of kit, it's in a large tank with a well at the bottom, when the house was connected to mains water it was connected to the pump, no idea why. I lie, I do know why. The house was previously owned by a couple of DIY enthusiasts, when we bought it I had budgeted €20k to put everything right. At the moment it's fixing bodge after bodge.

The good news is we already had a plumber booked in for today, along with a couple of builder types for work on the house. I texted them at 7am and said to bring leak fixing tools.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:43 am Water leak at the back of the house under the concrete. The water is pumped, wifey noticed a noise at 6am and went to investigate, water pissing out of the ground, so water and pump off. The pump looks to be a leftover bit of kit, it's in a large tank with a well at the bottom, when the house was connected to mains water it was connected to the pump, no idea why. I lie, I do know why. The house was previously owned by a couple of DIY enthusiasts, when we bought it I had budgeted €20k to put everything right. At the moment it's fixing bodge after bodge.

The good news is we already had a plumber booked in for today, along with a couple of builder types for work on the house. I texted them at 7am and said to bring leak fixing tools.
It might be mains water is unreliable or expensive and you want to keep the well connected.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

IIRC the house is on a hill. It may be that mains pressure was a problem. Nice to have a well though. 👍
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm I'm drying out after walking from the bar to a mates car and from being dropped off to walking home. Not far either time, but BIG rain!!

HTF did people in the 70's manage with flares!! Cos it was cooler tonight I grabbed a pair of jeans that I turned into flares when I had the knee/leg brace on. They are quite pretty really, but when they get wet, well DAMN they are tough to walk in!! Not certain how I managed to get home without tripping over them!! :lol: :lol: Definitely relegating them to cold DRY days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Back in the day when I was first learning to swim I had to take some clothes to the pool for a personal safety test. Get out of shirt, get out of trousers, and then use trousers as a flotation device, all in deep water. I grabbed an old, and by then deeply unfashionable pair of flared denim jeans and jumped into 7 foot of water. Fcuk me, is it difficult to swim with flared jeans!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:09 am
Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm I'm drying out after walking from the bar to a mates car and from being dropped off to walking home. Not far either time, but BIG rain!!

Back in the day when I was first learning to swim I had to take some clothes to the pool for a personal safety test. Get out of shirt, get out of trousers, and then use trousers as a flotation device, all in deep water. I grabbed an old, and by then deeply unfashionable pair of flared denim jeans and jumped into 7 foot of water. Fcuk me, is it difficult to swim with flared jeans!
Wonder why sailors trousers were always 'bell-bottoms'? Possibly easier to get off? Or designed to not prolong the agony if you went in the water.... :shock:

(We just used pyjamas for the swimming tests).
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm procrastinating!!

I should be prepping for a marathon of baking this weekend. I should be doing cross stitch to finish some cards to take with me on Tuesday.

But instead I'm on the puter, waiting for Canal+ to show more of the MotoGP and watching the clouds moving/changing over the valley!!

I love when there is a 'hole' in the clouds - always makes me think of a window to another world. I 'know' it's just the mountains across the valley, but it just looks so mysterious!!

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Just flogged my broken beemer to the garage who were looking at it. They offered me the same as the breaker yard, minus the bill I already owed them. One of their junior mechanics has bought it and is gonna fix it after hours for himself...he's grabbed a bit of a bargain!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:14 am
Wonder why sailors trousers were always 'bell-bottoms'? Possibly easier to get off? Or designed to not prolong the agony if you went in the water.... :shock:

All the others were sensible like you. I do not posess any pjs, and thought I would be ok using a pair of jeans I would never use again.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:14 am

All the others were sensible like you. I do not posess any pjs, and thought I would be ok using a pair of jeans I would never use again.
I had PJs...but I was only about 14 when I did my original life-saving medals. :D (The main attraction was the 6 months free pass to the swimming baths that came with the medals :thumbup: Having got that I went so often that the chlorine bleached my hair. :lol: ).
Voltaire