Helmets!

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Beancounter

Re: Helmets!

Post by Beancounter »

Julian_Boolean wrote:
It can't make me look much dafter, I'm a 53, shortish and overweight on an expensive mountain bike with 29" wheels, I look like a retired circus clown.
I prefer to compare myself to a frog being held by it's head with the rest of its body dangling.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

lostboy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 pm FIT!!! Cycle helmets are the same as motorbike helmets - all about the fit. It's worth finding a decent LBS or just being prepared to send stuff back and trying a few on. I'm a Giro fan, their helmets work for me but I've been tempted (fashion/labels etc) by some that have been great to look at but absolutely horrific to wear - hot spots, crap ventilation, movement etc. The Giro system means that I can tighten the dial and it just fits comfortably and securely and the strap ISN'T what's keeping it on.
All 5 of my local bike shops are staffed by total knob ends, I wouldn't give them the time of day, when Halfords is the most helpful option, you know there's something wrong.
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:25 pm
lostboy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 pm FIT!!! Cycle helmets are the same as motorbike helmets - all about the fit. It's worth finding a decent LBS or just being prepared to send stuff back and trying a few on. I'm a Giro fan, their helmets work for me but I've been tempted (fashion/labels etc) by some that have been great to look at but absolutely horrific to wear - hot spots, crap ventilation, movement etc. The Giro system means that I can tighten the dial and it just fits comfortably and securely and the strap ISN'T what's keeping it on.
All 5 of my local bike shops are staffed by total knob ends, I wouldn't give them the time of day, when Halfords is the most helpful option, you know there's something wrong.
That's because Halfords probably pay more than minimum wage.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 pm That's because Halfords probably pay more than minimum wage.
That's probably pretty accurate, there was a decent bike shop locally, but they closed
Honda Owner