Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Noggin »

I know, I know, I've said it before. But, bloody sodding bastard mozzies!!

I've got pretty good at managing to not get bitten. The aircon in my room mostly keeps them out (and a coupe of the nurses visit more cos it's cooler in here than everywhere else!). Daytimes the ward and physio area is generally ok. I do sometimes use citronella in the evenings, just in case

Last evening I went to sit in the area between two wards to chat with another patient for an hour or so. It was warmer there but, stupidly I didn't really think about it. Got back to my room - about 6 more bites!

Today I went to the other hospital to see the shoulder surgeon, so had to go outside (I haven't been outside since the latest hot spell) and managed to pick up some more :roll: :roll:

Mostly I wouldn't get too pissy, but when the little fukkers bite me where I can't reach to put anything on them (or just to scratch them!) it's REALLY annoying!!

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

It seems that the plot next to us has been sold. New owner just turned up with mini piledriver.

Pen had a chat and the pool is gonna be away from us behind the house.
Means less noise to piss us of.
And the house position won't spoil our sea view
But gonna be a year long build so might piss off us. And the guests in our apartment.

And we're gonna have to put a gate in back wall of our house to get to the path to town.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

They're having a big pool and underground garage.
When the big pile drivers are smashing into the rock you can hear a mile away.
We'll go on holiday.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 am It seems that the plot next to us has been sold. New owner just turned up with mini piledriver.
That's what put us off quite a few properties when we've been looking over the last year, you could almost guarantee that if we found a nice place with an open space next to it then someone had applied for building permission and that's why the house was for sale. And even if there wasn't a current application in then we could see one wouldn't be far off.

In the end we chose something with enough room but with other houses already built around it, so we hopefully won't get any surprises.
It's a foregone conclusion that if you buy in a village in the countryside then sooner or later a new housing estate is going up half a mile away, but at least if the land immediately around you is occupied then you know they're not going to throw up an asylum centre next door.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

That is the only plot within half a mile. We're 100% safe on that.

The dry river runs behind the villas so can't build there and spoil the main sea view.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My heels when summer comes. Obviously I have beautiful trotters and the world needs to see them, but as soon as I wear flip flops or go bare foot, my heels crack like a bastard and get really sore to walk on. Despite heel cream and using one of those foot graters they just dry up and crack up.

I also get plantar fasciitis, so I'm double-fucked in the foot department and have had to resort to a pair of fucking Birkenstocks.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm My heels when summer comes. Obviously I have beautiful trotters and the world needs to see them, but as soon as I wear flip flops or go bare foot, my heels crack like a bastard and get really sore to walk on. Despite heel cream and using one of those foot graters they just dry up and crack up.

I also get plantar fasciitis, so I'm double-fucked in the foot department and have had to resort to a pair of fucking Birkenstocks.
Stick to wellies :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:13 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm My heels when summer comes. Obviously I have beautiful trotters and the world needs to see them, but as soon as I wear flip flops or go bare foot, my heels crack like a bastard and get really sore to walk on. Despite heel cream and using one of those foot graters they just dry up and crack up.

Match with plain, black budgie smugglers or go for a contrasting bright colour?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:20 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Match with plain, black budgie smugglers or go for a contrasting bright colour?
Apparently, Iccy had to turn the tops down like Freddie Starr coz they chafed his bollox.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Three. (The mobile phone company, I don't have any issue with the number three. ;) )

I don't use much data, I don't send many texts and I don't make many calls, so PAYG makes sense for me. A few years ago I switched to Three because they charged 3p/minute, 2p/text and 1p/MB. About 2 years ago they put their PAYG prices up to 10p/10p/5p. I wasn't happy but I decided the hassle of switching wasn't worth it so I sucked it up. A couple of months ago they put the prices up again to 35p/15p/10p, which is taking the piss, quite frankly.

So I found another supplier, asked for a PAC and a refund of my outstanding credit: "No problem" said the customer disservice drone, "the refund will take seven working days". Two weeks later, no refund. I was on chat for an hour and after a lot of toing and froing, the second customer service drone said : No problem, bjah blah, blah, seven working days, etc." Seven working days later: still no refund. About half an hour on the phone: "bjah blah, blah, seven working days, etc." My reply: "I don't intend to waste half an hour to an hour every couple of weeks for the foreseeable future so if it doesn't happen this time I'll be taking action in the small claims court."

I just checked my account and the £11.97 refund is there. A pity really, I've never used the small claims court so it would have been a new experience. ;D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 pm Three. (The mobile phone company, I don't have any issue with the number three. ;) )

I don't use much data, I don't send many texts and I don't make many calls, so PAYG makes sense for me. A few years ago I switched to Three because they charged 3p/minute, 2p/text and 1p/MB. About 2 years ago they put their PAYG prices up to 10p/10p/5p. I wasn't happy but I decided the hassle of switching wasn't worth it so I sucked it up. A couple of months ago they put the prices up again to 35p/15p/10p, which is taking the piss, quite frankly.

So I found another supplier, asked for a PAC and a refund of my outstanding credit: "No problem" said the customer disservice drone, "the refund will take seven working days". Two weeks later, no refund. I was on chat for an hour and after a lot of toing and froing, the second customer service drone said : No problem, bjah blah, blah, seven working days, etc." Seven working days later: still no refund. About half an hour on the phone: "bjah blah, blah, seven working days, etc." My reply: "I don't intend to waste half an hour to an hour every couple of weeks for the foreseeable future so if it doesn't happen this time I'll be taking action in the small claims court."

I just checked my account and the £11.97 refund is there. A pity really, I've never used the small claims court so it would have been a new experience. ;D
I'd let them keep the 12 quid. That's an hour and a half of your life you'll never get back. :P
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 pm Three. (The mobile phone company, I don't have any issue with the number three. ;) )

I'd let them keep the 12 quid. That's an hour and a half of your life you'll never get back. :P
Amen to that Skub.

Places like that love me. "If you drive to Newbury we'll give you your £12 refund"

Fucking keep your £12 I don't care enough

Mrs weeksy will drive to town to return something for £3.

I throw it in the bin and forget about it
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Skub wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm I'd let them keep the 12 quid. That's an hour and a half of your life you'll never get back. :P
Yebutt. It should have taken 5 or 10 minutes. How was I to know it would take that long?

And. If everybody lets them get away with it they'll just carry on getting away with it. :(

Anyway, I'm retired. What else am I going to do with my time? ;)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:34 pm
Skub wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm I'd let them keep the 12 quid. That's an hour and a half of your life you'll never get back. :P
Yebutt. It should have taken 5 or 10 minutes. How was I to know it would take that long?

And. If everybody lets them get away with it they'll just carry on getting away with it. :(
Can I get you to phone for me next time some bastids give me grief? :thumbup:
Walt Whitman
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Skub wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 pm

If you pay me enough. :)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'd have used up my 12 quid credit calling up one of those fortune telling or dirty chat hotlines from the back of the free local paper :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:44 pm
Skub wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 pm

If you pay me enough. :)
Ok let see.

£11.95 for 90 minutes work,that's about £7.97 per hour. Sound reasonable? :thumbup:
Walt Whitman
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

People actually do proper PAYG still?

Giffgaff Goody Bags FTW.
Felix

Post by Felix »

I binned 3 as soon as i found out they stopped the 3.2.1 price plan. I had a 3.2.1 sim so was allowed to stay on the paln for i think a year but nah, Fucked off to EE with a £20 sim only deal. Free text, free calls and 160mb of data. Need to pay extra for MM but i never sent pictures or video unless on WhatsApp anyway so never go over my 20 quid. Taking the number over was painless as well. 3 cover outside a town was a bit iffy also what was a bit shit but as i use the phone for work also i think PAYG on three would have ended up costing me a small fortune.
Felix

Post by Felix »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:50 pm People actually do proper PAYG still?

Giffgaff Goody Bags FTW.

GG is an O2 piggyback what makes it mega shite in my area. The mast is less than a mile from my house yet still pish for some reason