Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by weeksy »

JamJar wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:54 am
Ant wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 am My Hermes, rebranding as Evri, still the god of theives. There goes another parcel, when will people learn?
It's a weird one as lots of people have problems with them but, I use Hermes/Evri all the time to both send and receive parcels and I have never had a real problem, I did have one that got misplaced for 2 weeks but it did turn up in the end
NEver had a problem at all... our Evri woman is ace... always delivers, always polite....
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

It feels like something has changed with Herpes. They used to use local people for deliveries. It seemed like a part time job for some. Our local woman always used to deliver in a little saloon car, in the evenings which was :thumbup: Now they seem like all the others.

Previous place, we got a useless young, jobsworth tosser for a while and, in the end, phoned him about a parcel (got to speak to his dad) and told him, if you can't leave a parcel if we aren't home and you won't deliver when we are home and I can't collect it....send it back. Then phoned Lakeland and told them, adding if you are going to use them, we stop ordering. That did the trick. :thumbup:

Seems it depends on individual employees but their system really should pinpoint any problematic ones very quickly.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Fucking Dentists. The Brother in LAw, Wife's eldest Bro Is in Diminished circs Not least due to Getting a lung cancer Daignosis on his yearly check up He's not looked after himself and has lost most of his teeth so The enormous weight loss that he's undergone ( 1st clue) Is causing huge probs as he looks like he Just got out of Belsen In Brief 111 made him an emergency appointment with a dentist who, when we rung him, denied that he had any slots WTF no dentist locally would see him even PRIVATELY. He's only been offered Radio therapy, That in itself is not a good sign But he cant eat food, hence he can only drink high cal supplements Dentures will take months even "if" he gets seen 111 are trying on his behalf but his own GP hasn't !! seen him Cuddly beary boos the lot of em.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:22 am
JamJar wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:54 am
Ant wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 am My Hermes, rebranding as Evri, still the god of theives. There goes another parcel, when will people learn?
It's a weird one as lots of people have problems with them but, I use Hermes/Evri all the time to both send and receive parcels and I have never had a real problem, I did have one that got misplaced for 2 weeks but it did turn up in the end
NEver had a problem at all... our Evri woman is ace... always delivers, always polite....
All comes down to the driver.
DPD used to be king for us, top bloke, always got it right, always had time for a chat, would always call if anything was 'off' whilst Hermes was to be avoided, all changed 18 months ago when drivers / routes were changed across both of them, now I won't order from anyone who uses DPD to deliver, but Evri haven't given us any problems
Ant

Post by Ant »

Dpd are the better one for me, they give me options to send elsewhere or deliver on a different day.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Ant wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:03 am Dpd are the better one for me, they give me options to send elsewhere or deliver on a different day.
The DPD app is really good too
636mick

Post by 636mick »

My Evri people are a couple who are great. When their rules changed about leaving stuff he told me exactly what to do to allow them to still leave stuff. Can’t fault them.
DPD are great, trackable so that if I’m not here I can get back in time or he will always open the gate and leave anything safe.
Yodel are the local joke. The village high street has a lot of doors onto the footpath. Cases of wine are regularly left outside.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

We only have Correos, the national post company. Both our posties have my phone number, so never any problems :)
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Ant wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:03 am Dpd are the better one for me, they give me options to send elsewhere or deliver on a different day.
When Royal Mail decided to get into parcel delivery, my inside information chap told me that DPD were recognised as the best operation and were used as the industry benchmark. I've found them to be consistently :thumbup: even after our regular bloke - 'wor Graham' - disappeared off to another patch/company.

Have to say though, Amazon are pretty damn good too even though I don't think I've seen the same driver twice!
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Ordered standard 46.3mm bearings which Pen's nephew brought over. They are for the wheels on our heavy steel gate.
Wheel came off easily but had to smash the old wheel bearing out. Then I found that the new bearings were only 42mm. Bollox.

I had to bash the old broken shell back in and a few ball bearings so that the wheel will turn. Thankfully the gate still slides, albeit a bit clonky.
Last edited by Yorick on Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 am Ordered standard 46.3mm bearings which Pen's nephew brought over. They are for the wheels on our heavy steel gate.
Wheel came off easily but had to smash the old wheel bearing out. Then I found that the bearings were only 42mm. Bollox.

I had to bash the old broken shell back in and a few ball bearings so that the wheel will turn. Thankfully the gate still slides, albeit a bit clonky.
Measure twice, cut once :p
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Amazon using Yodel! :wtf: Ordered from Prime and turns out the item is being delivered by Yodel?? :roll:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Heavy steel gates? Surprised you need them in a crime-free place. :D

Or does it say 'Caution! Unchained Yorick running free' on the outside of them. :lol:
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 am Ordered standard 46.3mm bearings which Pen's nephew brought over. They are for the wheels on our heavy steel gate.
Wheel came off easily but had to smash the old wheel bearing out. Then I found that the bearings were only 42mm. Bollox.

And now Ebay is making me pay the return postage - barstardos
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:44 pm

It's your fault they're wrong ?

Why would they pay postage when you ordered it incorrectly ?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm

I ordered it perfectly correctly. They supplied the wrong one. That's why I was pissed off
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:10 pm Heavy steel gates? Surprised you need them in a crime-free place. :D

Or does it say 'Caution! Unchained Yorick running free' on the outside of them. :lol:
The big gap would look silly without a gate. And the dog would wander off ;)
20220714_125830.jpg
20220714_125830.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 275 times
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Sturgeon getting much more press attention than a county council leader deserves.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm

I ordered it perfectly correctly. They supplied the wrong one. That's why I was pissed off
I would be too. If you have the correct dimensions order them from here. https://simplybearings.co.uk/
Felix

Post by Felix »

Talking ebay. I got a large box with two smaller item inside rattling about with no packaging. One item was damaged to a asked for another. Prick was at the ham trying it on at first. This is a copy paste of the emails back and forth

Code: Select all

Hi there. I bought two of these folding stools but they were sent to me in a stupidly large box with no padding. They must have been bouncing around in the box and one is damaged (See Pictures). Can i get a replacement please

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Sorry to hear that.
Is this product useful to you?
As a gesture of our regret,we can refund you £ 3 to you via paypal for the problem.
You don´t need send the item back,do you agree?
Looking forward to your reply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like a replacement thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry to make that inconvience to you, if you want a replacement,as our company rules, you need to send it back to us firstly,so that we can get the exchange from our supplier, and it will take around 20 days that you will get it,in this case,we proposal refund £5 to you,you can keep it,ok?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No it it not OK i would like another or full refund. What is the return address and will you be paying postage?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your message.
If you want to return for full refund, but usually the shipping cost should be paid by the buyers,and it is very expensive,hope you can think more,a return is not recommended.
To avoid the hassle of return , how about offer you 20% refund as compensation,is this ok?
Looking forward to your reply.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is returning it expensive. Allegedly the item is in the UK. The item is damaged due to your poor packaging so no fault of mine i am out of pocket. No thanks. Last chance before i take it up with ebay. Send out another or give me a full refund thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, how about resending a new one as a compensation, would it ok?

Thank you for your confirmation. We will ship it in 1-3 working days. It takes 3-6 business days to arrive. Many thanks for your patience. Hope you will get it soon.
Any question,feel free to contact us.