Triumph Street Triple.

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
YoKaiser

Triumph Street Triple.

Post by YoKaiser »

ImageTriumph Street Triple by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Not a project as such just my bike. Got it at the tail end of last year and I've not put as many miles on it as I'd have liked. Fortunately I still get a buzz from it so it'll be staying a good bit longer. I'm actually not too sure what exactly else I'd be looking for in a bike given the riding I do.
Couple of mods in the offing with a few more to consider. I've some bar end mirrors and after market levers ready to go on. I'm also considering a speed triple throttle conversion, a quick shifter, a shift support doodah and a one down two up sprockets swap. Most of those are popular upgrades but I'm not desperately needing to fettle anything art the moment.
My only criticism would be the ride which is firm. Now this may give the bike the handling which I like but a bit less erse battering would be welcome. Shock and forks are nothing special and there are a few recommended hacks to improve things. Not sure if these are chasing performance or comfort though. I'm definitely no pushing the limits anyway.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Triumph Street Triple.

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

The only modern bike that IMO looks good.
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I do like the looks of them for sure ! Sadly i've never really got on with them as bikes to ride as much as i like looking at them.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Nice bike,

IanB of this parish had one. The biggest improvement he made was putting a Nitron rear shock in it - transformed it apparently. I chased him round France and it looked really well set up, on stanard gearing too ;)
YoKaiser

Post by YoKaiser »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm The only modern bike that IMO looks good.

I think so too :thumbup: Round headlights, underslung exhaust and nae sports stripes, I think as they developed the Striple it lost some of that streetfighter appeal.
YoKaiser

Post by YoKaiser »

G.P wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:59 pm Nice bike,

IanB of this parish had one. The biggest improvement he made was putting a Nitron rear shock in it - transformed it apparently. I chased him round France and it looked really well set up, on stanard gearing too ;)
Definitely a popular choice as far a as I can tell, that and getting the shock from a Daytona.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

YoKaiser wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:06 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm The only modern bike that IMO looks good.

I think so too :thumbup: Round headlights, underslung exhaust and nae sports stripes, I think as they developed the Striple it lost some of that streetfighter appeal.
The looks remind me of early power valves (1983 RD350 YPVS for anyone under 50)
Honda Owner