Airbag vests

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
Hot_Air

Re: Airbag vests

Post by Hot_Air »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:10 pm Alpinestars Tech Air 5 purchased off Ebay
Good choice. Paul Varnsverry (whom @The Spin Doctor knows) is one of the UK’s leading experts on motorcycle protective clothing. Guess which airbag he wears himself?

Alpinestars Tech-Air review by Paul Varnsverry
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Hot_Air wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:55 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:10 pm Alpinestars Tech Air 5 purchased off Ebay
Good choice. Paul Varnsverry (whom @The Spin Doctor knows) is one of the UK’s leading experts on motorcycle protective clothing. Guess which airbag he wears himself?

Alpinestars Tech-Air review by Paul Varnsverry
Paul popped along to join me for a couple of hours riding in the Thames Valley yesterday :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Hot_Air wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:55 pm
Good choice.
In technology, maybe, if you believe in its usefulness on the road, however, absolutely piss poor choice of outlet to buy from, unless it's from a confirmed verifiable retailer who also happens to be on ebay.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Noggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:56 pm And in about 10 years time, they'll make some that easily fit various different shapes, not just the 'standard' or imagined 'normal'!! :lol: :lol:
'PPE for 'real' women' often crops up on LinkedIn.

There are a few companies producing stuff (FWIW, Leo Workwear doing hi-viz for women and ethnic requirements), but not many.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Horse wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:45 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:56 pm And in about 10 years time, they'll make some that easily fit various different shapes, not just the 'standard' or imagined 'normal'!! :lol: :lol:
'PPE for 'real' women' often crops up on LinkedIn.

There are a few companies producing stuff (FWIW, Leo Workwear doing hi-viz for women and ethnic requirements), but not many.
Thanx. I probably shouldn't use the phrase 'real women' but however I write what I mean, someone either gets pissed off or I get hassle for my shape!! LOL

It's just been something that has bugged me all my life (well, since about the age of 14). It's like the chances of getting exercise gear in large sizes - if you are into sport, you must be thin :roll: The people that make most clothes, PPE etc etc have one idea of what a woman's shape is and if you don't fit, then tough!! :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Noggin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:40 pm It's just been something that has bugged me all my life (well, since about the age of 14). It's like the chances of getting exercise gear in large sizes - if you are into sport, you must be thin :roll: The people that make most clothes, PPE etc etc have one idea of what a woman's shape is and if you don't fit, then tough!! :roll:
Until velcro fittings came along for boots and replaced full length zips, I had trouble getting them to fit over my calves. They've always been pretty chunky (I used to get asked if I played rugby a lot) and regular cycling only made things worse. Anything Italian? Not a chance! I had several pairs of the old FT buckle boots for precisely that reason. PITA to put on (and take off with freezing fingers) but at least they were adjustable.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

@Noggin This week's MCN has a 'women in motorcycling' section with several pages on clothing.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Hot_Air wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:55 pm @Noggin This week's MCN has a 'women in motorcycling' section with several pages on clothing.
Cheers. I'll see if it's online

I've kinda given up because even the fat bastard womens stuff assumes you are a cylinder, and even at my heaviest, I'm not!!

When I've finished all the rehab and am/can get fitter, I'll start looking but tbh, I wouldn't buy anything for a while. I've got stuff that will do and some trousers in the next two sizes down. But jackets have always been a complete sod to buy. When I think I'll stay the same size, I'll invest in some MTM kit. For now I'll have to go with stuff that will 'mostly' do :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ainz

Post by Ainz »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:10 pm Alpinestars Tech Air 5 purchased off Ebay for £460.GB WhatsApp download
You got it at a good price. It cost me $663 + $63 shipping charge. I tried Alpinestars official site for the purchase but they aren't shipping outside of USA. so i had to order from ebay. :?
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://www.upshiftonline.com/gear-blog ... irbag-vest

In an effort to continuously evolve motorcycle protection technology driven by artificial intelligence, KLIM and In&motion, an award-winning motorcycle airbag company, teamed up to introduce a new adventure-riding-oriented Ai-1 Rally Airbag Vest built with more protection than the original Ai-1 Airbag Vest.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: