What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Potter

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Potter »

Took the dragon out for a nice breakfast, then walked home along the beach.

Then out shopping for new suits for junior because he starts 6th form soon - no school uniform but he must wear a suit and tie.
He went and got excellent grades, even got upgraded to A* on a couple - I think he was the most surprised out of all of us.
Five new suits, half a dozen shirts and a pair of new shoes.

Then a wander around the mall just to make sure my wallet was properly drained and then home for a curry and a couple of jars, but now I've given myself heartburn.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

3 hour enduro ride. Quick dip in the pool.
Mist of afternoon preparing for my birthday BBQ.

Just waiting for guests.

33c and got the beer in 3 fridges to ensure proper ice cold temp.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Happy Birthday Yorick :wave:

A friend drove over from Switzerland to go out for lunch with me!! She also brought some stuff she'd bought from the uk for me :D :D

We had steak and chips for lunch :thumbup: :thumbup:

AND, I have homemade scones and Proper Clotted Cream for afternoon tea tomorrow!!

AND some Yorkshire Tea - just got to find out if the nice catering ladies can fill a mug with hot water so I can have a cuppa with the scones!! :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Took a friend out kayaking, a woman of 'certain age' :) and heir first time in a kayak. Took to it like an old girl to a kayak and wants to make it a regular thing. That's fine by me except I have to get both boats down to the beach and back again afterwards and I too, am a 'certain age'. :cry:

A good day though with little wind and flattish sea. :thumbup:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Went on a ride out with TOMCC and visited all 8 visible hillside white horses in Wiltshire (there are another 5 that are no longer visible apparently). Was a good ride out clocking up about 160 miles in total, a few heavy rainstorms but plenty of sunshine in between. Really enjoying the Speed Twin still
Druid

Post by Druid »

Fitted a new chain and sprockets to the bike, ready for a trip to Scotland next weekend
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Went and had a look at a replacement for the rapidly dying Transit. It's awful. But thats not really a deal breaker.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Druid wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:59 pm Fitted a new chain and sprockets to the bike, ready for a trip to Scotland next weekend
Take waterproofs. Very good waterproofs. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

1888 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
chillitt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:34 pm Went and had a look at a replacement for the rapidly dying Transit. It's awful. But thats not really a deal breaker.

Bought it then :lol:
I assumed the negotiations were how much they were going to pay for him to take it away.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Actually you are both equidistant from the final deal..
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Well, my daughter turns 16 next week. Got her GCSE results and is a straigtht A's student with some 8's. So very happy for her. She got her place in college and is pleased with her 6th Form choices. No uniform, just be neat and presentable and not too much skin showing. She is rather prudent in her dress sense (at the moment!) so not too worried there.

At the moment the wife and I are coordinating a surprise sleepover party with her two best friends for tomorrow night and I have to get her out of the house before they arrive so they can set things up. The Wife has a Birthyday next week as well, so I'm taking daughter out shopping for the present etc...

Went to a friends house for a curry, missed his cooking, bloody sublime veggie curry and I am still full! Had a beer tonight and will turn in early as I have three services tomorrow and am preaching at the main one (which I recorded on Wednesday evening so I'll be watching myself preaching....)
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

chillitt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:45 pm Actually you are both equidistant from the final deal..
Stole it then.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:09 pm
chillitt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:45 pm Actually you are both equidistant from the final deal..
Stole it then.
I dont think so. Apart from potentially being transport its not a great deal of use to me. Its too small and a complete punt of if it will be any better than the transit. ITs either a good stopgap or Ive been done up like a kipper and its too soon to tell. Anyway it hasnt cost me anything yet..
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

1888 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:06 am
chillitt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:40 pm

I dont think so. Apart from potentially being transport its not a great deal of use to me. Its too small and a complete punt of if it will be any better than the transit. ITs either a good stopgap or Ive been done up like a kipper and its too soon to tell. Anyway it hasnt cost me anything yet..
LDV still running and now in Sweeden :thumbup: That must be you on your forth motor since saying never to a LDV and om in my 2nd only as i wanted larger. Same Transit engines but a lot easier to work on and larger load area. Stop being a snob and get one. A welder is part of the standard tool kit
Snob? Look at the shitty vans Im getting.! :mrgreen: ive been turning bangernomics into an extreme sport here, and very little of it has anything to do with choice. I have more welders than Ive had vans, but you need something to weld to, thats why this one is going. Transits are everywhere so theres cheap parts everywhere, and thats why they make sense for cheap transport. Most LDVs are long gone, and I suspect Ive driven more LDVs than you and Ive never been in a good one. Its not snobbbery, its common sense. :lol:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Went to next doors annual barbecue.

A bit disappointed they had cut the numbers down from the normal 20 ish to 6 but that was their choice.

Still a good time had by all.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

1888 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:05 pm
chillitt wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 am

Snob? Look at the shitty vans Im getting.! :mrgreen: ive been turning bangernomics into an extreme sport here, and very little of it has anything to do with choice. I have more welders than Ive had vans, but you need something to weld to, thats why this one is going. Transits are everywhere so theres cheap parts everywhere, and thats why they make sense for cheap transport. Most LDVs are long gone, and I suspect Ive driven more LDVs than you and Ive never been in a good one. Its not snobbbery, its common sense. :lol:
Hell no. There is 1000's still going strong and prices are rising. Later one are all transit engines with the 2.5 Banana or the 2.5 Turbo and later 2.4 Duratorq. Only thing you will find hard to get is body panels like wings. Got a man with a warehouse full of NOS but sadly no wings. They have a huge cult following with the hippys due to size for converting to campers and they make great recovery trucks. Quite a lot of this version still out there earning money also

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/recovery ... 1382337547
So LDVs are great because they have transit parts on them you are so keen on them even you got a transit. :mrgreen: Dude you have to let this go...
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Fitted a new night latch to the front door, I've been asking the landlord to do it for 3 years but I've given up waiting.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took the family out for Sunday dinner. Keeping inline with my retro thing of late, I had a prawn cocktail for starter! :lol:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Finished our Wildlife Pond. So far we have mosquito larvae, leeches, snails by the million, damselfly and dragon fly nymphs, a water boatman and a frog or a toad.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Blew up Facebook by suggesting kids need to go back to school so they don’t end up working in a chicken processing plant when they are older....

:lol: :lol: :lol: