Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Count Steer »

Had my first £100+ tank full at the last fill up. I had run it down to the low fuel warning, which I don't usually. Tank is smaller than on my old Volvo V70. I've stopped putting the premium stuff in too. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

SLK was £107 a couple of weeks back. For a small car, it has a bloody big tank. :lol:

Gremlinette had her first moan about how much it cost to put petrol in her car the other night. Welcome to the bottomless money pit of car ownership. :P
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:11 am
Mussels wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:09 am I'm finding the £100 limit on pay at pump is a pain, I hit the limit yesterday even though the reserve light hadn't come on. Now if I want to fill the tank I have to queue in the kiosk to pay.
That's a huge tank !!!
£111 in the campervan last weekend and it already had over a 1/4 of a tank! :wtf:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:25 am Had my first £100+ tank full at the last fill up. I had run it down to the low fuel warning, which I don't usually. Tank is smaller than on my old Volvo V70. I've stopped putting the premium stuff in too. :lol:
I've started putting 95ron in too to save a bit of dosh but tbh i find i get better economy from super, so what i save at the pump buying 95ron i tend to make up in mpg when i fill up with super (99ron), so i'm back on the super again now.

It's super...;)
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Greenman wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:50 am
Count Steer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:25 am Had my first £100+ tank full at the last fill up. I had run it down to the low fuel warning, which I don't usually. Tank is smaller than on my old Volvo V70. I've stopped putting the premium stuff in too. :lol:
I've started putting 95ron in too to save a bit of dosh but tbh i find i get better economy from super, so what i save at the pump buying 95ron i tend to make up in mpg when i fill up with super (99ron), so i'm back on the super again now.

It's super...;)
I've found the same.

Had my first £99 fill up with the car last weekend, although I did also fill up a 5l plastic can for the mower. (it runs a LOT better on super!)
non quod, sed quomodo
cheb

Post by cheb »

Commercial diesel pumps sometimes have this overridden, and the 200l maximum delivery too.

Some years ago I filled my classic Range Rover and my boat on the same trip to the pumps. That's when I learned about the 200l limit.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Learning that P.J. Bakers in Wapping has closed after God only knows how many years. A proper old-school bakers shop that was like stepping back into the 60's, with prices to match. I used to stop in there all the time on the way to work, fill up with huge traditional cakes and stick 'em on a plate in the middle of the office.

I know it was family-run and they were cracking on a bit, so maybe there was nobody to hand it on to.

God, how I'll miss those London Cheesecakes...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/p-j-bakers-london
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Kids. They're just bloody horrible sometimes.

We had a school thing yesterday evening and Gremlinette asked if we could pick up one her school friends on the way. Not a problem, so into the car pops Riley, aged 17. Nice kid, bit geeky but chatty and generally pleasant. When we dropped him off I commented that he was a nice kid. Gremlinette tells us that he gets the piss taken out of him as school coz his mum's in a wheelchair and it gets him really down. :thumbdown:

Little shits. You'd think at 17 they'd be a bit more fucking mature than rip the piss over something like that. :angry-cussingblack:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:00 pm Kids. They're just bloody horrible sometimes.

We had a school thing yesterday evening and Gremlinette asked if we could pick up one her school friends on the way. Not a problem, so into the car pops Riley, aged 17. Nice kid, bit geeky but chatty and generally pleasant. When we dropped him off I commented that he was a nice kid. Gremlinette tells us that he gets the piss taken out of him as school coz his mum's in a wheelchair and it gets him really down. :thumbdown:

Little shits. You'd think at 17 they'd be a bit more fucking mature than rip the piss over something like that. :angry-cussingblack:
I was probably like that at 17, and older! Most of my mates were too. I don't think its really who you are, its just showing off in a dumb way and goading each other to be worse etc.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:00 pm Kids. They're just bloody horrible sometimes.

Maybe he identified as an 8 year old?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:00 pm Little shits. You'd think at 17 they'd be a bit more fucking mature than rip the piss over something like that. :angry-cussingblack:
AFAICR the horrid zoo-mentality nastiness dropped off a cliff after secondary school, pretty sure there was little of it at sixth form. Nearly 40 years later I still find it a little irritating life was dominated by unnecessarily stressful schooldays.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:50 pm
gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:00 pm Little shits. You'd think at 17 they'd be a bit more fucking mature than rip the piss over something like that. :angry-cussingblack:
AFAICR the horrid zoo-mentality nastiness dropped off a cliff after secondary school, pretty sure there was little of it at sixth form. Nearly 40 years later I still find it a little irritating life was dominated by unnecessarily stressful schooldays.
Depends on the person and schooling imho.

At my college (private school) it was rife, at my Uni (mostly ex-public school) it was definitely there (but tempered by the normal students), I've worked in places with a very definite schoolyard mentality.
non quod, sed quomodo
cheb

Post by cheb »

How like the mainland this place has become. There's now double yellow lines, a zebra crossing and I saw someone walking about the village carrying a take away coffee cup.
Potter

Post by Potter »

AFAICR the horrid zoo-mentality nastiness dropped off a cliff after secondary school...
Lol, yeah none of that on this forum.
I hope you all remember this new found empathy the next time Screwdriver comes back to the forum, he's provocative but he's one of the sharpest and most astute posters on the forum but he gets bullied off every time by dickheads.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:49 pm
AFAICR the horrid zoo-mentality nastiness dropped off a cliff after secondary school...
I hope you all remember this new found empathy the next time Screwdriver comes back to the forum, he's provocative but he's one of the sharpest and most astute posters on the forum but he gets bullied off every time by dickheads.
I'm not sure that's the case. People don't sit and call him Handicapped or other such words, they actively disagree with his posts, which is something completely different. If he can't accept people don't agree with his opinions the he should keep them inside.

If I were to rant random things I'd expect to be pulled up on it, I'd expect them to be picked apart

If screwdriver comes here and posts proven content, people may agree more. But that's not what he does.

We've got fat, skinny, old, young, gingers, Welsh, bkacks, Asians, none of them are given stick for any of that. If they were, the ban hammer would be out quickly.

If you think I'm doing it all wrong, we have ways and means to address, report, shout. Use them.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm young
It's all relative I suppose.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 pm
I knew I should have left that one out
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:11 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:10 pm
I knew I should have left that one out
Memory is the first to go :(
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm

We've got fat, skinny, old, young, gingers, Welsh, bkacks, Asians,
Welsh? I'm outta here.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Like Nidge did?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire