General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:25 pm Amount £530.00
Fees -£68.14
Net £461.86

That's an idiot tax right there! :(
The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order. If the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:28 pm
Fees -£68.14
Net £461.86

The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order. If the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.
Yup. Down to me completely. Its not like they hide their fees, I just didn't bother to check. :roll:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:30 pm
Fees -£68.14
Net £461.86

Yup. Down to me completely. Its not like they hide their fees, I just didn't bother to check. :roll:
When I sold stuff in UK it was much less than that.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:31 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:30 pm

When I sold stuff in UK it was much less than that.
I don't recall ever getting those exorbitant fees on things before either? But its there to read if I'd bothered to check. Done now. I'll move on and enjoy my new steed when it arrives and lose hundreds on that next year! :think: :D
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:15 pm

Tis a thing of beauty! :wub: Service it! You drive all over Europe don't you? That would be handy winding down the alps, or the Ardeche etc. Have you ever gone on a weighbridge when fully loaded? :thumbup:
Nah it going. The bus is plated at 4.2 Tonne but no way its that heavy. My standard last convoy was plated at 3.5T but only 2.2 when converted as a camper. This one has 17 seats for fat people and a dizzy lift at the back. I would be surprised if its over 2.5/6T when i get that rubbish out from under it. It also has teh compressor and air tank from the air suspension to come out as i bypassed that for a valve at the side. Apart from it all being buggered i can now adjust the suspension to how i like rather than a pre set PSI.

As for the extra brake coming down the alps i bought that T shirt long ago. Low gear and just take it easy. Had brake fade coming down bit hills in the black forest once but luckily in a smaller van and it turned out to be cheap pads from China or the likes.
Felix

Post by Felix »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:01 pm
I just listed a motorbike as a classified ad, I went for a classified cos all the auction options, even the fixed price/buy it now had a listing fee of £15ish and then 1% of the sales price on top wen it sells!
Was the extra 1% always there? I dont remember paying that in my last classified but then again it was a while back. I dont have an ebay account now as they shut mine down as they are pricks.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Felix wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:11 pm
I just listed a motorbike as a classified ad, I went for a classified cos all the auction options, even the fixed price/buy it now had a listing fee of £15ish and then 1% of the sales price on top wen it sells!
Was the extra 1% always there? I dont remember paying that in my last classified but then again it was a while back. I dont have an ebay account now as they shut mine down as they are pricks.
There's no 1% on classifieds, only on vehicle auctions.
Felix

Post by Felix »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 pm
Felix wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:11 pm
There's no 1% on classifieds, only on vehicle auctions.
Read it wrong :thumbup:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Whoever put this plug socket here......

Felix

Post by Felix »

Mare's fucking tail
David

Post by David »

Felix wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:34 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:15 pm

Tis a thing of beauty! :wub: Service it! You drive all over Europe don't you? That would be handy winding down the alps, or the Ardeche etc. Have you ever gone on a weighbridge when fully loaded? :thumbup:
Nah it going. The bus is plated at 4.2 Tonne but no way its that heavy. My standard last convoy was plated at 3.5T but only 2.2 when converted as a camper. This one has 17 seats for fat people and a dizzy lift at the back. I would be surprised if its over 2.5/6T when i get that rubbish out from under it. It also has teh compressor and air tank from the air suspension to come out as i bypassed that for a valve at the side. Apart from it all being buggered i can now adjust the suspension to how i like rather than a pre set PSI.

As for the extra brake coming down the alps i bought that T shirt long ago. Low gear and just take it easy. Had brake fade coming down bit hills in the black forest once but luckily in a smaller van and it turned out to be cheap pads from China or the likes.
Brake fade doesn't happen with discs ..that's why they were invented. Cheap pads may fail...not the same ting boss.
Brake fade is a condition of an internally expanding Brake, caused by the expansion of the braking surface expanding away from the friction material. In a disc system, the expanding Brakeing surface actually tends to apply the Brake, which is why the seals on the caliper pull the piston back..if they don't the Brake drags progressively more.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've had disc brakes fade.

Not material expanding, but fluid boiling.
David

Post by David »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:31 pm I've had disc brakes fade.

Not the same thing.....though equally catastrophic.
David

Post by David »

Systems fail in many ways...but "brake fade " is a specific problejm associated with drum brakes.

Brake failure is another scenario.....
Felix

Post by Felix »

Fucking Geek :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:31 pm I've had disc brakes fade.

I had that at Elvington in my 3rd ever meeting. I went straight on and 100+ and through bushes and trees and stopped by the perimeter fence which was like ones outside tennis courts. I hit it between the concrete posts. Still scary to think about it.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

When your kid gets a new other half who is really nice, friendly, caring, good fun and you get along really well with them, then suddenly you notice they haven't been around for a while, unlike the last year nigh-on when they've been around ours virtually all the time. Ask your kid who replies, 'We're not really together any more'.

Bugger. I'm gutted. :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

gremlin wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 am When your kid gets a new other half who is really nice, friendly, caring, good fun and you get along really well with them, then suddenly you notice they haven't been around for a while, unlike the last year nigh-on when they've been around ours virtually all the time. Ask your kid who replies, 'We're not really together any more'.

Go for it!
Felix

Post by Felix »

Yambo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 am
gremlin wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 am When your kid gets a new other half who is really nice, friendly, caring, good fun and you get along really well with them, then suddenly you notice they haven't been around for a while, unlike the last year nigh-on when they've been around ours virtually all the time. Ask your kid who replies, 'We're not really together any more'.

Go for it!
It might be due to the old man crush she dumped him.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Felix wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:35 am
Yambo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 am

Go for it!
It might be due to the old man crush she dumped her.
Corrected for you. ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!