General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Taipan »

Enforced rest. It's not all its cracked up to be! :thumbdown:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Felix wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:44 pm Tesco still not having gluten free beer. Not does the one in the next town and i had to go to ASDA in a thirst town only to get the last 8 Peroni. Bastard Tesco :thumbdown:
GF Peroni, now that's desperation beer right there!

https://store.westerhambrewery.co.uk/ca ... e-can-case
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:53 pm Enforced rest. It's not all its cracked up to be! :thumbdown:
With you on that one. Well, not literally!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

When I saw the fuckwit knee surgeon on 30th March, he would not only not listen to my request for a referral to a rehab centre (he walked away from me three times), he forcefully told me that it would be my GPs responsibility to refer me (my GP and physio definitely disagree!)

So, I started the process that day. Took ages to sort out the request to the place I want to go (days to get the GP to do the online request, longer to find out it hadn't been received. More days to get the GP to call the centre and email them - luckily he copied me as he spelt the centre name wrong in the email; then I called yesterday to find out if I can go and they said no!

Basically they keep places available for local people and don't class me as local (2 hours away) - my physio phoned for me to find that out, I just got the NO. They recommended two places closer - neither of which deal with my sort of rehab (not an old lady just needing to be able to walk and be sent home! Need rehab for someone active and vaguely sporty!!).

The other centre that deals with sports rehab is THREE hours away - and up in the mountain in the middle of nowhere!!!

I called the far away centre anyway as the physio said to call, get a form, fill it in and get the GP to fill in his bit and I'd get a place straight away. Nope. Totally not that simple. The GP has to complete an online request on a main system - except that this didn't work for the previous centre. So then the lady said to get my surgeon to refer me as that would be quicker - had to explain that he was very forceful in his refusal to do that. Eventually I got a fax number (yup, a FAX number) for the GP to send the request to.

As I have very little faith in this, and if it does miraculously work, I'll be in a centre 2 hours from the shoulder surgeon, so won't be able to get to the appointment with her, so I called the shoulder surgeon reception and asked to move the appointment to next week

The reason I used was that I can't get there on the 10th May if I'm in the distant rehab place!! Got an appointment for Tuesday (without an xray beforehand as the radiology dept has no appointments available on Tuesday :roll: )

Ulterior motive - I'm pretty sure that when she sees how bad my shoulder is since using crutches, she'll be pretty pissed off and will, hopefully, help me get into a rehab centre. Maybe not the one that is my first choice, but maybe a good one that isn't 3 hours away!! LOL I also want her to take over the knee/leg treatment as the metal needs to come out about this time next year and I do NOT want the fuckwit surgeon to do that!! LOL

Tomorrow's challenge - find out if I can get an xray of my shoulder done at the med centre up here and if not, hope I can get an appointment and a lift to the valley on Monday to get one there!!

The health care here really does rock. But it is a serious challenge to get some things if you don't have clued up/positive doctors/surgeons onside. I've spent over three weeks being very calm and british and trying not to make a fuss. I don't necessarily think making a fuss would have helped, but maybe I'd feel better about all the stress!!! :lol:

And, it isn't a nationality issue - all the French I know have said they have the same issue sometimes with 'systems'. Wading through the processes is a right pain :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Fuckwit driver yesterday. Lightish blue Citreon, it's chucking down with rain and this prick hasn't got his lights on and then he cuts me up on the motorway. He literally could not have picked a worse colour. The only thing making his car visible was the family pack of bikes lashed on the back..... which made me think he definitely definitely should be driving with more care if he's got his kids in the car !
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bloody kids :obscene-birdiedoublered:

We have a nice young couple staying in our apartment and invited them up to our big BBQ yesterday.
They were asking about places to go and see so we recommended Lagomar which Omar Sharif owned for 1 day.

He had no idea who Omar Sharif was :(

Google it anyway. It's amazing.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Yorick wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:50 pm
E's an anagram of Sir Mo Farah that's who. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Yorick wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:50 pm
I can recall my dad being similarly disappointed when I, as a nipper, had no idea who were all of his legendary jazz heroes from the 1930s, that he would always bang on about.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Ebay (again)I asked them to close my account as they would not delete my bank details. They were happy to do that but iut needs to stay active for so many days just in case there is a dispute so happy with that and logged out for the last time. As i only wanted to buy and never sell they have no need to know my bank details so i opened another account. I managed to buy 16 items over a couple of weeks and they closed my account. They wont give a reason and just ask to understand there decision. No i dont understand and ask again why. Nope still no joy and get a message to say they wont tell me why my account flagged up a security issue as i may try and over ride/bypass they way the system works. Aye :wtf: So fuck um. Good bye ebay, ill stick with Amazon thanks :wave: Pricks
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Devon County Council, plonkers!

Out to play on the bike yesterday and the route took me into Devon and on to the wilds of Somerset. Fantastic weather, good roads, and a lovely route planned to take me home, missing out most of the 'big' roads. That is until DCC threw in a Road Closure on a nice little B road leading to Okehampton , and diverted the traffic via a a 4 mile single track road. The inevitable happened, van met 4x4, both with a tail of cars behind them, and all progress stopped. Those 4 miles took 3/4 of an hour!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Memory.

or rather the lack of it. :(

I was just in a shared office 'beer and pizza' thing at work (we lease an office in a 'shared-hub' space), and there was a bloke there who I was sure I knew: I didn't happen to talk to him as most of the nerds in the event (we're virtually all tech companies) were sticking to their office groupings. It wasn't until about 5 minutes after I left that I realised it was Go Slow! (at least.... I think it was him....)

Actually - thinking about it.... is there anyone on here who remembers Go Slow?
non quod, sed quomodo
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:16 pm Memory.

I was just in a shared office 'beer and pizza' thing at work (we lease an office in a 'shared-hub' space), and there was a bloke there who I was sure I knew: I didn't happen to talk to him as most of the nerds in the event (we're virtually all tech companies) were sticking to their office groupings. It wasn't until about 5 minutes after I left that I realised it was Go Slow! (at least.... I think it was him....)

As a name yes... as a person, don't know if we ever met.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:16 pm Actually - thinking about it.... is there anyone on here who remembers Go Slow?
Indian fella, fondness for outdoor swimming and the IoW.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:28 pm
Rockburner wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:16 pm Actually - thinking about it.... is there anyone on here who remembers Go Slow?
Ah then yes... we did meet... i doubt i'd recognise him though
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I do. :thumbup: I might recognise him.

(He did a £whip round in support of something on VD or TRC, for simplicity I donated using the wife's PC....and her account....and forgot to tell her. Went out. When I got back she'd spotted the transaction, thought she'd been hacked, got onto the bank, frozen the account. :shifty:

I told him what had happened and erm, called the missus a 'dappy bint'...which amused him somewhat. It took me a while to get my brownie points back. :lol:
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yes, top fellow. Full of varying knowledge,everything from curry recipes to shed building. :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

On the IoW, outdoor swimming is usually known as 'trying to escape'.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I reckon I'd recognise Go Slow "in context" but not if I randomly met him in the street.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Yep, easily remember him, lovely guy.

If you are ever unsure if it is him, take him to a pub, if he starts regaling a story* literally peppered with the c-bomb, then it is definitely him. :hmmm:

*he managed to get around 10 of us barred from a pub in High Holborn (iirc) on my very first London drinks :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:31 pm
On the IoW, outdoor swimming is usually known as 'trying to escape'.
Tough swim getting through the temporal dilation barrier as you need to hit escape velocity to exit the 50s and then get up the 70 year gradient as you approach the mainland.
Voltaire