Common bikes..

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dodgy69

Common bikes..

Post by Dodgy69 »

Reading summut on here got me thinking about a conversation I had the other day. 🤔 On my last two ride outs in Wales, I've noticed I'm seeing more BMW, Triumph and Yamaha than anything else. Would imagine at a race meeting or such like, it could be different.

Although, saying all that, I was talking to a brand new katana owner. 1000cc in black, looked very nice i thought. He said he paid 9k brand new. Bargain.

I'll keep looking and see if this trend continues in my neck of the woods. May be different on another day. 🤷‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Re: Common bikes..

Post by KungFooBob »

It used to be that on a typical ride round the Peaks 90% of the bikes I'd see would be BMW GS'... last time out it was wall to wall orange.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

bet they ain't keepers.
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Well BM GS is still the biggest selling bike isn't it?

I'm still seeing a fair mix of stuff. At High Beech last Sat there were old Guzzi's, Monkey bikes, Z900 (new one), ZX12, Busa, Duc V4S etc. Similar big old mix at Finchingfield Sunday morning when I stopped for a water. I am noticing groups of bikes on similar tackle though, usually BM or KTM. Like Sunday morning there were about 4-5 KTM adventures in a group.

I've also noticed Finchingfield usually has more sportsbikes than other places I go near. Maybe Essex is still flying the flag.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Quite a few of the new Enfield twins around too.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Not seen a FTR 1200 yet...
Yamaha rocket 3
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Rarest bike I've seen at Finchinfield, apart from old brit stuff I wouldn't recognise, is a Cagiva Elefant (not a spelling mistake). The owner was suprised I recognised it. Although I've never seen another Le Mans there, I generally just ride through without stopping, got to keep myself isolated. Most common bike now? Big KTMs, can't tell what model as theyare usually passing the otherway.
I think the riders think BM GSs are too common now and bought by posers, the real adventure rider ride KTMs to be different, all of them :)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Every now and again I see a CB50R out and about near Oxford. It's a twin cylinder, double overhead cam, Japanese import in the style of an early 60s racer. Absolute jewel of a bike. I'd love a go :)

Like this https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1246797

EDIT... actually, looking at it, it may be a single with twin exhaust ports - there's only one spark plug - rather like my CB250RS. I always assumed it was a twin.

Anyway... it's still a beaut.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:17 am Every now and again I see a CB50R out and about near Oxford. It's a twin cylinder, double overhead cam, Japanese import in the style of an early 60s racer. Absolute jewel of a bike. I'd love a go :)

Like this https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1246797

EDIT... actually, looking at it, it may be a single with twin exhaust ports - there's only one spark plug - rather like my CB250RS. I always assumed it was a twin.

Anyway... it's still a beaut.
Lovely looking bike, never seen one in the flesh although I have seen 1 of the Chinese copies. Nowhere near as nice though.
https://www.skyteammotor.com/Product/ACE/125/
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Coming home through Suffolk last Sunday morning, I was surprised to see so many Sportsbikes! Several groups of them out tearing up the back roads! I hardly see sports bikes round here anymore, deffo more adventure bikes and big nakeds!