Tracer 900 vs Tiger 900 gt.

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dodgy69

Tracer 900 vs Tiger 900 gt.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Well, more of a comparison...

My mates 1050 is in for service and has been given a tiger 900 gt for a couple of days. Today I had a good go on it. It was the low version and seat is lower than tracer, but not much. Engine pull is very similar and the tiger has a lovely note on overun. Tiger footrests are lower and forward and quite low to the ground. Rev counter on the tft screen is terrible. Hard to read at a glance, speedo easy and other stuff all OK. Nice phone charger under seat.

We use intercoms and my mate always rides in a higher gear than me i found. He used 6th a lot, I'm more 4/5 . Yes, it pulls from low down but pulls happier from mid. But its a great engine with plenty of everything. Definitely more adventure than the tracer, sat further back. When back on tracer I felt I was much further forward on bike. The tracer is definitely the sportier of the two and sporty riding comes more natural on the tracer.

Personally, I preferred the tracer, my mate being a triumph man preferred the triumph. Putting it simply, the triumph is an adventure bike and looks and rides like one. The tracer is a sports tourer and looks and rides like one.

Both great bikes. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Re: Tracer 900 vs Tiger 900 gt.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Talking to my mate this morning. You can change display on tft so you can see rev counter. Various choices. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3