Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by gremlin »

I'll send Sydney the Border Collie around at the weekend. Good luck. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Felix

Post by Felix »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:10 pm I'll send Sydney the Border Collie around at the weekend. Good luck. :thumbup:
Get lost. One little shit is enough. He is home now and i spoke to soon about behaving with the cats. One just battered him. He will learn the hard way :lol:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

I know at some point global warming etc but 😎
'07 Griso 1100 (for sale), '94 Sprint 900, the scabbiest Himalayan in the country
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Ditchfinder wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 am I know at some point global warming etc but 😎
I'll be at a place called Pinoso next week, just inland from Alicante. The forecast is rain every day with highs of 13. ☹️
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I'm in Kent and it's another lovely morning. The birds have found the fat balls and mealworms I put out for them and they make the back garden a nicer place.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Driving to the garage to get the car serviced... nice morning so the roof comes down and it's a lovely morning for it! :)
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yambo wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:43 am I'm in Kent and it's another lovely morning. The birds have found the fat balls and mealworms I put out for them and they make the back garden a nicer place.
I have a pair of tits in my garden. They're often seen around my fat balls. :thumbup:

Things that make me happy = Puerile humour.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Rhubarb. Just picked some from my Mum's garden. Apparently (says a Google search) it's best to pick it when the moon is nearly full and not when it's waning - no idea if that's true but I missed the full moon by 6 hours. I've just tried some raw and it's pretty delicious. It's got to be Rhubarb crumble! I'll start my diet on Monday.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

A nice hot pasty and a cup of coffee, sat on the street in the sun watching the world go by

ImagePXL_20220318_123447332 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Coming home from the pub, banjaxed, and find the local take away place will still deliver you a 20" meat feast pizza. We attacked it like Great White Sharks on a dead whales carcass! :thumbup:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:52 pm A nice hot pasty and a cup of coffee, sat on the street in the sun watching the world go by

ImagePXL_20220318_123447332 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
That's not a proper pasty. The crimp is on the top, it should be on the side.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mmmmm pasty! I want one now!

Felix

Post by Felix »

Downloading my data from google and came across an old calendar. 25th of February next year will be ten years of quitting the fags :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

A friend from the valley came up to see me yesterday. She brought my sewing machine back so that's cool as can give a friend up here hers back and use mine :D :D

But, Jess also brought me some beef bones from her butcher :bblonde: Today I will be making bone broth - well, banana cake first (I've promised some to some friends in my building - handy to warm up the oven!), then roast the bones a bit, then into the pressure cooker to make bone broth. Good for healing apparently - blooming excellent as stock for soups and stuff :bblonde: :bblonde:

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 pm Rhubarb. Just picked some from my Mum's garden. Apparently (says a Google search) it's best to pick it when the moon is nearly full and not when it's waning - no idea if that's true but I missed the full moon by 6 hours. I've just tried some raw and it's pretty delicious. It's got to be Rhubarb crumble! I'll start my diet on Monday.
Sometimes some friends have too much rhubarb - I get the overflow! :bblonde: :bblonde: Blooming lush in a crumble :bblonde: :bblonde: Enjoy!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Noggin wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:58 am
Trinity765 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 pm Rhubarb. Just picked some from my Mum's garden. Apparently (says a Google search) it's best to pick it when the moon is nearly full and not when it's waning - no idea if that's true but I missed the full moon by 6 hours. I've just tried some raw and it's pretty delicious. It's got to be Rhubarb crumble! I'll start my diet on Monday.
Sometimes some friends have too much rhubarb - I get the overflow! :bblonde: :bblonde: Blooming lush in a crumble :bblonde: :bblonde: Enjoy!!
I grew some from seed four or five years ago. We always have too much. We'll probably have even more too much this year because I dug up one of the plants and separated the crowns and made it into five plants. My next door neighbour told me last year that she's the only one in her family who likes rhubarb after several years giving her the surplus thinking it was for a family of four. :D
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Went out last night to see my friends band. They were great, but the best part of the night for me was being able to give them a decent tip, while explaining that the free Facebook gigs they put on during that first lockdown were really important to me. At that time I couldn't afford to donate very much but now I can.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:51 am
Noggin wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:58 am
I grew some from seed four or five years ago. We always have too much. We'll probably have even more too much this year because I dug up one of the plants and separated the crowns and made it into five plants. My next door neighbour told me last year that she's the only one in her family who likes rhubarb after several years giving her the surplus thinking it was for a family of four. :D
If I ever have somewhere with a bit of ground, I want to try and grow things like rhubarb - not sure it would thank me for trying at 2000m but I'd give it a go :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

I bought just over £50 worth of first class stamps. They're going up from 85p each to 95p each from 4th April so that's about a fiver I saved. :)

If you need 'em, buy 'em now.

While we're talking about stamps: "Non-barcoded stamps will be phased out but will remain usable until 31 January 2023 ... non-barcoded stamps can be exchanged for the new barcoded version through Royal Mail’s ‘Swap Out’ scheme [which] will open on 31 March 2022.
https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just back from physio. Lots of little happies going on; he's cute, he's fun (when he's not being psychological on me), bi-lingual and can do word play across the two languages but the main thing today -

apparently my leg is recovering better than expected :bblonde: :bblonde: Last week I asked him to look at my shoulder and right foot/knee, all suffering from using crutches. He said then that he would at some point but that the fracture was the most important for now

Today I went in early to do the exercises (can't do them all at home yet) and he watched me do them as he was helping the others in the gym and offered to check my shoulder because "my knee is more mobile than expected and the swelling has gone down hugely" So, I'm very happy. I did ask him to work on my right foot instead today, but if I go in early on Weds, he'll work on my shoulder :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Tart. :roll:

;)