New bike thread!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Supermofo

Re: New bike thread!

Post by Supermofo »

Should of told her to get a strap on

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3493
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:57 pm Should of told her to get a strap on

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3493
:thumbup: The tonic I needed tonight! :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I've lost track of what bike we're on about ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm I've lost track of what bike we're on about ?
If its any consultation, so have I! :?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:15 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm I've lost track of what bike we're on about ?
I knew you'd be funny one day. Just took longer than expected :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:25 pm
Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:15 pm
I knew you'd be funny one day. Just took longer than expected :obscene-birdiedoublered:
People are always saying I'm full of wit! At least I think that's what they say...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I reinsured the bike today and went out to charge it up as it hasn't been started for, well, it must be well over 6 weeks. Put the key in it and thought i'd just try it, and lo and behold, it fired straight up as if it had been run 10 minutes earlier! I've been looking at it and I still really like it, so I don't think I'm going to sell it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Filled it up with juice and rode it into London today. Felt completely alien, which surprised me as it hasn't been that long since I rode it? My thoughts are, I hate Michelin tyres in the wet. DCT is interesting but after riding a maxi scoot with a CVT, I'm not sure the DCT is better? I'd forgotten how much buffeting I get on this bike. The Tmax feels silent by comparison! All said and done I enjoyed riding it again and I think I will keep it and have a 2 bike stable, well, for now anyway.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Taipan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:42 pm Filled it up with juice and rode it into London today. Felt completely alien, which surprised me as it hasn't been that long since I rode it? My thoughts are, I hate Michelin tyres in the wet. DCT is interesting but after riding a maxi scoot with a CVT, I'm not sure the DCT is better? I'd forgotten how much buffeting I get on this bike. The Tmax feels silent by comparison! All said and done I enjoyed riding it again and I think I will keep it and have a 2 bike stable, well, for now anyway.
Good, if we do ever meet in Maldon I won't have to pretend I don't know that scooter boi over there :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I rode it into work today to show a prospective buyer. After the MT-07 it felt like a gutless, huge, heavy, unwieldy barge! :D But funnily enough, by the time I'd got into London, I was back in tune with it again! There is deffo a lot to be said for these as a commuter, just pootling through with the DCT transmission makes the commute so effortless! I'll kinda be sad to see it go really...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:04 am I rode it into work today to show a prospective buyer. After the MT-07 it felt like a gutless, huge, heavy, unwieldy barge! :D But funnily enough, by the time I'd got into London, I was back in tune with it again! There is deffo a lot to be said for these as a commuter, just pootling through with the DCT transmission makes the commute so effortless! I'll kinda be sad to see it go really...
Good luck with the sale.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:41 am
Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:04 am I rode it into work today to show a prospective buyer. After the MT-07 it felt like a gutless, huge, heavy, unwieldy barge! :D But funnily enough, by the time I'd got into London, I was back in tune with it again! There is deffo a lot to be said for these as a commuter, just pootling through with the DCT transmission makes the commute so effortless! I'll kinda be sad to see it go really...
Good luck with the sale.
Says he loves it and wants it and is going to fire over a deposit and work out a plan to collect it, but until i'm counting cash...

Nice to have a last ride on it, but it was great to get back onto the MT-07 this morning!!!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 am
Good luck with the sale.
Says he loves it and wants it and is going to fire over a deposit and work out a plan to collect it, but until i'm counting cash...

Nice to have a last ride on it, but it was great to get back onto the MT-07 this morning!!!
You do OK on it ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:50 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 am

Good luck with the sale.

You do OK on it ?
£400 up on purchase price! But then I lost around a grand on the Tmax! Takes the sting out of it I suppose...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just been collected. I am now a one bike family. :)
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

:banana-dance:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

What is next on the list then!? Don't keep us waiting toooooo long! Ape Hangers making a comeback now that you are thinking of retirement and need to hang out with dentists, lawyers and doctors.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

the_priest wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:37 am What is next on the list then!? Don't keep us waiting toooooo long! Ape Hangers making a comeback now that you are thinking of retirement and need to hang out with dentists, lawyers and doctors.
Lol! I did come very close to getting another Harley, but realised I was doing it more cos I thought it'd be funny on here, than actually suiting my needs, although the low seat height did kinda put it in the running. But in the main the MT is really suiting my needs at the moment. A scoot as a luggage carrying stablemate is a possibility though?
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Well that didn’t go without a hiccup.

My new GS arrived today on the van. I put it in my mates garage across the road and set about putting the Helibars on that I had on the 1200 so I can get it through the gate at the side of my house.

Didn’t take too long as I’d put them on then taken them off not too many months ago so I knew what I was doing.

Finished…yay for me so I jumped on, rode it across the road and tried to get it through the gate…and it wouldn’t fucking fit!!!

The bars were fine, tight but I knew that but the engine bars were too wide.

Either the 1250 is quite a bit wider than the 1200 or the engine bars are different i.e further out from the cylinder heads.

So I ended up taking the gate off, so now that’s even more expense to get a new gate made and put round the back of the pillars rather than fixed to the sides.

But it looks good tho’ so I’m still chuffed to bits.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:25 pm Well that didn’t go without a hiccup.

The bars were fine, tight but I knew that but the engine bars were too wide.

Either the 1250 is quite a bit wider than the 1200 or the engine bars are different i.e further out from the cylinder heads.

So I ended up taking the gate off, so now that’s even more expense to get a new gate made and put round the back of the pillars rather than fixed to the sides.
I know where you're coming from with this. There are any number of bikes (mainly adventure style jobbies) that are off-limits to me as they simply won't fit down the passageway between me and my neighbour's house (we live in a terrace). I have even thought about removal of a course of bricks at handlebar height, but saw sense in time.

It's definitely an issue though. Bikes are getting bigger and wider year on year. Not even a vague concern if you live in a detached house with double garage, but not everyone does. I've had to fit narrower bars to two bikes I own - the Duke 690 and the Falco.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.