Earpeace earplgugs, recommendation...

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
weeksy
Site Admin

Earpeace earplgugs, recommendation...

Post by weeksy »

https://www.earpeace.co.uk/products/mot ... gJfe_D_BwE

Bought some of these from a recommendation over on Performance Bikes forum.

Tried them today and they wipe the floor with both my squidgy type and also the Auritech ones i have.... really impressed.

For some weird reason you get 3... which is good just in case you lose one. Along with multiple filters you can install to decrease or increase the levels of sound blocking.

Overall, absolute bargain.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Earpeace earplgugs, recommendation...

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

The 3rd one is for Davey Crockett and his wild frontier
Or maybe it's for pirates.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I can get 200 pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite's for £20 and not care if I lost any... and adjust the amount of noise they let in by pushing them in deeper :)
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

I did a bit of research on reusables after years of use disposable earplugs - ended up with these https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/279538 which despite being bloody cheap are actually very good
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I use these, by far the quietest foamy plugs I've tried.

"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

I used Howard Leight Max earplugs for donkey's years and always got a really good fit from them with no problems. Weirdly though, over the last few years I gradually had more trouble getting a good seal on my left ear. I guess ears change. Who knew?

So I finally bit the bullet and got fitted for some of those fancy schmanzy custom ones and it was a revelation - wished I'd done it years before. And then, the dog ate them. Or at least, ate one (or maybe buried it somewhere) and chewed the other.

So now I'm back to half-fitting squidgy ones again. On the plus side, the dog has now died, though I don't think it was related.
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

U got one chance with hearing - these are the best :
https://minervahearing.co.uk/motorcycling/

And are based in East Cardiff. Get some sorted on your way down here.

ta
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm I use these, by far the quietest foamy plugs I've tried.

That's what I use. Can't find anything else like they're 39SNR.

Make sure you buy from H&S shops and not biker ones. Ebay boxes of 200 pairs work out at good value
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

scottyuk wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm I use these, by far the quietest foamy plugs I've tried.

That's what I use. Can't find anything else like they're 39SNR.

Make sure you buy from H&S shops and not biker ones. Ebay boxes of 200 pairs work out at good value
I'll buy you a set of these so you can do back to back testing, I'd be that curious to know your thoughts
Skub

Post by Skub »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am https://www.earpeace.co.uk/products/mot ... gJfe_D_BwE

Bought some of these from a recommendation over on Performance Bikes forum.

Tried them today and they wipe the floor with both my squidgy type and also the Auritech ones i have.... really impressed.

For some weird reason you get 3... which is good just in case you lose one. Along with multiple filters you can install to decrease or increase the levels of sound blocking.

Overall, absolute bargain.
They look similar to the type I used when gigging,oddly I never thought of using them on the bike! Must dig them out and try them.

I'd often toyed with the idea of custom jobbies,but never bit the bullet. :hmmm:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Slenver wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm fancy schmanzy custom ones and it was a revelation - wished I'd done it years before.
Which fancy ones did you buy?

I was looking at these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROGUARD-Mou ... XQRPRTI0C6
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Skub wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:56 pm
Slenver wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm fancy schmanzy custom ones and it was a revelation - wished I'd done it years before.
Which fancy ones did you buy?

I was looking at these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROGUARD-Mou ... XQRPRTI0C6
I can't remember the name now. Involved having a mould made at the local Specsavers though. Twice actually, cos they fucked up the first one.

In theory they gave me the moulds so I could get more earplugs made up at any time. But I've lost them. Nothing to do with the dog this time, just human error.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:17 pm
scottyuk wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 pm That's what I use. Can't find anything else like they're 39SNR.

I'll buy you a set of these so you can do back to back testing, I'd be that curious to know your thoughts
I've been using these for years and simply due to that I have been tempted to try others but there is nothing like the level of noise reduction. I'd rather have it even quieter for the commute (not sure if I do them anymore :crazy: ) than permit certain frequencies through. I've used earplugs for shooting with filters so have experienced how they can block certain frequencies and allow others. Just not convinced that they're for me when riding.

Have you tried these specific foam ones? E.A.R. Comfort FX
If not I'll post you a couple of pairs and you can do a back to back - cheaper than spending £20 on a set :thumbup:
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

This is the bit I don't get - the squishy ear plugs - there you are fingers all sweaty / dirty and u roll up the ear plug and stuff it into your ear. Used to use them but after a ear canal infection ( coming back form WDW ) directly caused by putting dirty plugs in my ear - no ta.

On the ''Specsavers'' story I had my first moulded ones done by them. Lost one - left it on the petrol tank at MacDonalds. So went to get some more but they cocked it up. Turns out the Audiologists they ''employ'' are subbies - and only do one day a week at different branches. The moulds they take are then subbed out as well so no one actually know who's doing what. They didn't fit right - they tried floggin me off but I ended up having my money back. Found out about https://minervahearing.co.uk/ and as they were just up the road it I went up for a chat. They were brill and not had a problem since. Do recommend using a ''ear balm'' tho' and definitely not covering them in spit - if your ears are dry or in my case covered in dust / grass cuttings from work !

ta
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

never heard of ear balm, will have a look for that.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

I use dewalt disposable ones, about £8 for 50 pairs. A pack lasts a couple years and always keep a handful on me
G.P

Post by G.P »

If you want to get fitted properly by proper Audioligists, go to Scrivens :thumbup:

I've been using the Squidgy ones for years but am looking to get custom ones fitted soon.I really don't know how people can ride without plugs.

[mention]Slenver[/mention] My dogs occasionally eat my earplugs if I drop one, its easy to tell which one because the guilty mutt will pass a semi hi viz turd the nwext morning! :)
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

At work some lads got the moulded one's in whatever colour they wanted, but never cleaned them. I used yellow spongy one's and binned them every day. Keeping your ears clean is important and sometimes overlooked.
Yamaha rocket 3
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

I've got super duper moulded ones., And if anything they're too good.
I've used the foam ones for years over various jobs, and they mostly work, but they're a faff, and I could never get a pair seated in my lug oles identically, which bugged me.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 pm never heard of ear balm, will have a look for that.
Even with my work moulded comms ones, which are a much harder compound than the non comms ones I have, I use a very thin layer of vaseline in my ear, all day comfy for me then. Just make sure I clean them after every ride.