Multi bike insurance

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dickyboy

Multi bike insurance

Post by Dickyboy »

So who does genuine multi bike insurance these days, seems places advertise it but in reality it's just bullshit - Bemoto, LV & motorcycle direct I'm looking at you.

Quoting me for two different bikes & adding the prices together is not multi-bike in my book 😡
Dodgy69

Re: Multi bike insurance

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bennetts online.
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I have been told Devitt do it (when i renewed on my Fazer) but will see when time comes to get both my bikes insured for business use as currently on separate polices
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Hastings do two bikes max. I'm insured with them, I think you have to call, you can't do multibike online.
Bennetts do an online multibike quote.

It was cheaper for me to insure two with Hastings and one with Swinton than all three on one policy with Bennetts (especially as Quidco were doing £23 cashback against policies bought through their compare tool)

I've had a multibike policy from Devitt previously.

Carol Nash do multibike online, but for me the prices are always silly.
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

Hastings did me a multi bike policy a couple of years ago. Can't say I'd recommend them as a company, very easy to contact and take your money, contacting them afterwards was a different story and usually entailed setting aside 40 minutes, I hate to think what they're like since COVID revealed itself.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I used to have the Bonnie, the 5TA and the CBR600 on the same policy through Footman James. I took the CBR600 off though 'cause I'd have lost my NCB, it's a 98 and hence old enough to be on a classic policy with the two trumpets.

It was deffo cheaper than insuring all three separately.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Yeah, I'm with BMW (devitts) at the moment, seem pretty good to be honest but wanted something to compare with and even some separate quotes are working out cheaper - £205 as opposed to £361 but that was one with Hastings Direct & dirt cheap insurance is always a bit of a worry 🤔 will try some of the suggestions 👍
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm I have been told Devitt do it (when i renewed on my Fazer) but will see when time comes to get both my bikes insured for business use as currently on separate polices
Yes, i think they do. I had the K and the Rockster on one policy for a while.
non quod, sed quomodo
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:16 pm Bennetts online.
What he said!

I/m with Bennetts and did have all three bikes on with them. They get a bit funny about annual mileage, so if you say you do 15k a year, they'll want to split It between the bikes, so you end up with capped mileages if you're not careful.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Bennetts do their "Six Wheel" policy for car and bike which usually comes up slightly cheaper or the same but does include breakdown cover. This thread is for bikes only but I need something to do with when I'm drinking my coffee so thought I'd share that :P

I had a multibike policy through Bemoto when I had more than one bike.
Lockdown refugee
Brommo

Post by Brommo »

Hastings or Carole Nash.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Still looking like it'll be cheaper to insure separately, which would mean I could possibly put Mrs dB on the guzzi ins. Bennets worked out more expensive than Devitt. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Dickyboy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm Still looking like it'll be cheaper to insure separately, which would mean I could possibly put Mrs dB on the guzzi ins. Bennets worked out more expensive than Devitt. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway.
I think true "Rider Policies" have disappeared anyway. I used to have one and wish I'd kept it for as long as i could, but it got very expensive.

Iirc my "multi-bike" policy via Devits was 2 underwriter policies under a common broker account. You got the discount from being with the same underwriter for both policies, and paid 1 bill to the broker.
non quod, sed quomodo
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I miss eBike! You could go on their website and quote/add/remove bikes with non of the 10,000 questions!
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

No such thing over here-all bikes have to be insured on their own policy.

Only advantage is that anyone over 25 with a full licence can ride them, and breakdown cover is included. A bit more expensive than UK, and very few comparison sites, so have to ring around brokers come renewal time.
McNab

Post by McNab »

I did it one year, was quite a bit cheaper, but the next year the price rocketed and, as there is no comparison site for it I had to face calling around.

I did find one comparison 'site' which ended up with me phoning them and spending an hour on the phone with some bloke. He was clearly a one-man band as there were none of the usual office sounds in the background. At the end of it he said he'd have to get back to me and I never heard from him again.

I ended up insuring them separately again, for a lot less than the renewal wanted.
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Update, phoned original insurer to see if there was anything they could do on quote, they said no but were miraculously £40 cheaper than before & both bikes are class 1 business too, rider policy an all 👍