Room for a small (fat) one?

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Room for a small (fat) one?

Post by weeksy »

You'll be lucky at the moment. Massive lack of Trainers available.
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Quick update. I’ve only done one ride so far. 15miles at 13mph or so average. Part of the old home made 19 mile TT that I’ve done over 21mph in the past 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Getting up the hill at the end of my road was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done on the bike. And that was in 34-28. My right knee has no strength whatsoever. Turning a whole revolution whilst standing is nigh on impossible.

Anyway, bit of a random tangent, but the summer I did Ride London, I also played about with a cheap sit on top kayak, fishing on the coast and just paddling up the Thames. But I gave up to allow more time for cycling.

Well blow me down if you can’t get bloody pedal powered fishing Kayaks now! So suddenly an idea sprung to mind! No longer would time spent kayaking be detrimental to my cycling! So the plan is to try and do a multi-hour session every week or ten days or so to boost aerobic fitness.

Like all good plans, it wasn’t all plain sailing 😉
Sadly the one I like that was both pedal powered and in budget was not currently available so I’ve ended up with a flipper powered one. These are more like a X-Trainer I guess with straight forward and back motion powering two fins underneath that waft across each other and propel you forward.
So less specific but still legs rather than arms.

Anyway, with cycling so slowly being so boring at the moment, the kayak is now taking up my energy. Took her out at Southbourne on Friday and I think it will be perfect- although lugging it about is enough of a workout 🤣

Weight wise, I’ve dropped a solid ten pounds. I’ve been rock steady at my current weight for five days so I think it’s legit. Need to get back on MFP this week for another go.

Anyway, hopefully I’ll squeeze more riding in soon and start having something interesting to say.

(Yes I’m paddling in this one- the flippers need a couple of feet of water to be deployed 😉)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

That wasn't the update I was expecting!!! But it's a cool one!!! Good work