Katy Curd training day (Grown Ups)

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
weeksy
Site Admin

Katy Curd training day (Grown Ups)

Post by weeksy »

Right then fellas.

i know a couple have shown an interest in a day at FoD with Katy for training, so i'm going to look to arrange it.

I guess mid Aug really, i'm happy with any days, weekday or weekend... But happy to try and accomodate you all too.

Based upon group training usually i'd say a max of 5 riders. So me and 4 others.

Who wants in ?

https://www.katycurdcoaching.com/
Mr Moofo

Re: Katy Curd training day (Grown Ups)

Post by Mr Moofo »

Weeksy,

Training would be focused on what ?
And standard of the rider?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 am Weeksy,

Training would be focused on what ?
And standard of the rider?
That comes down to what we ask for to a great extent. For me it's more trails/cornering than it would be for drops, jumps and gaps etc. I feel whereas once upon a time, jumps and drops were my weakest points, that cornering speed etc is more my weakness.

For my lad she worked first on body position, then reading trails, then combining that for corners etc. They later worked on jumps.

Knowing the guys who are likely to sign up for this i think they'll go along with the trails/cornering logic. Jumps, i'm sure will come into play at FoD at some stage, but as with everything, only if you want it to.
Taff

Post by Taff »

Just to throw in another option in case a day with Katy is difficult to / can't be arranged, Wye Mtb also work out of Pedalabikeaway and are excellent coaches, I did their Fod Flow course last year and is aimed at exactly what you're talking about. Cornering technique, manuals, small drops, finding grip, choosing lines, adverse cambers etc

I'm looking at doing their jumps and drops course soon as that will be taking me out of my comfort zone
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

My only issues is that i think you Standard would be somewhat north of mine. F0D from Brighton area is also about 4 hours ( sorry to be whiny - but i would do it but i would be knackered)
Does anyone have recommendations is the Sarf East?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 am My only issues is that i think you Standard would be somewhat north of mine. F0D from Brighton area is also about 4 hours ( sorry to be whiny - but i would do it but i would be knackered)
It's training not racing, the who can do what or who can't do what isn't important. We're all middle aged fat blokes, we have very little to prove.

Regarding location, moving the forest is outside of my skillset, the trees are heavy.
flicker

Post by flicker »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 am My only issues is that i think you Standard would be somewhat north of mine. F0D from Brighton area is also about 4 hours ( sorry to be whiny - but i would do it but i would be knackered)
UK bike skills would be your best bet.
flicker

Post by flicker »

Might be up for it, especially if we can make a full day of it (Not the training, riding in fod) I'm guessing you're looking at the speed and flow course.

I'll see how I get on at Rivington this weekend
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

flicker wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:52 am Might be up for it, especially if we can make a full day of it (Not the training, riding in fod) I'm guessing you're looking at the speed and flow course.

My lad and his mates didn't do a 'course' as such, it was 3-1 with her and 'make them better' was the instruction, no more than that :) She's quite flexible with what people want and need etc.
flicker

Post by flicker »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:57 am
flicker wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:52 am Might be up for it, especially if we can make a full day of it (Not the training, riding in fod) I'm guessing you're looking at the speed and flow course.

My lad and his mates didn't do a 'course' as such, it was 3-1 with her and 'make them better' was the instruction, no more than that :) She's quite flexible with what people want and need etc.
That's pretty much the mo for Saturday, look at what I'm doing and look to fix what's wrong :D