Sold my bike!

Anything you like about motorbikes
Amulree

Sold my bike!

Post by Amulree »

Its all down to events. The Chancellor announces a Stamp Duty 'holiday', so elder daughter thinks its time to move house. We had previously said we would contribute a slice of capital for a move planned for September 2021. But now, we are talking about ... well, now! I had been thinking about trading the Triumph America sometime soon, not because I don't like it, but just for a change. So with the need to raise cash I thought perhaps its worth a try selling the America. Sometimes when you start on something it just flows.....well here it flowed. In one day I got a price from 'We buy any bike' aka 'Superbikefactory' in Macclesfield, and went to a local bike trader. 'We buy any bike' were good - I filled the on-line pro forma, uploaded photographs and within half an hour a guy was on the phone offering £3,500. He tried for more but apparently they already had 8 Americas so there was no movement. I thanked him but said I had other options so I moved on. The local bike trader is brilliant - a small garage forecourt site with 30 or so bikes. No franchise, simply second hand machines. I had bought the bike here in the first place and was welcomed back - no nonsense offer of £4,700 cash. I signed up there and then. It was amusing because whilst I was waiting for my lift home (patient wife) a guy turned up on a rather tired looking Honda Varadero 1000. Within minutes he was looking over the America, talking to the trader, and cornered me about the bike. I think it was on its way out again! Now lockdown is relaxed there is quite a bit of bike trade.
Anyhow, once elder daughter has got her house, I'll be back in the bike market, and for now there's a few weeks to ponder the choice! Cheers
Supermofo

Re: Sold my bike!

Post by Supermofo »

Sad to see someone bikeless but sounds like it was a fairly painless process.

On the bike trader I was at the KTM Centre on Saturday. They said they'd nearly sold out twice over, they've had bikes flying out the door. When I went there was a line of about 8 Superduke/SuperDuke GTs all with sold stickers on and prices in the £15-17k mark. So some folk have some cash to splash.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Top dad points! :D

Hope you get a set of wheels again soon :thumbup:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Supermofo wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 am Sad to see someone bikeless but sounds like it was a fairly painless process.

On the bike trader I was at the KTM Centre on Saturday. They said they'd nearly sold out twice over, they've had bikes flying out the door. When I went there was a line of about 8 Superduke/SuperDuke GTs all with sold stickers on and prices in the £15-17k mark. So some folk have some cash to splash.

Might be all the redundancy payouts. 🤔
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 am
Supermofo wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 am Sad to see someone bikeless but sounds like it was a fairly painless process.

Might be all the redundancy payouts. 🤔
That's what I struggle with. I've had a paycut, Mrs is furloughed, I've got various mates and partners furloughed or with orders down and short/mid term it's forecast for massive recession. But seems people still have money for bikes
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I've been furloughed since march 16.. We've had letters of pending redundancy. 30 day consultation finishes tomorrow. Company using furlough money to pay 12 weeks notice period at 100%. then redundancy payout on September 25.

I've been there 26 years so payout will be handy but it'll be going under the mattress for a rainy day.
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pm I've been furloughed since march 16.. We've had letters of pending redundancy. 30 day consultation finishes tomorrow. Company using furlough money to pay 12 weeks notice period at 100%. then redundancy payout on September 25.

I've been there 26 years so payout will be handy but it'll be going under the mattress for a rainy day.
Balls. Hope you find something soon