Room for a small (fat) one?

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Crosshair

Room for a small (fat) one?

Post by Crosshair »

First post here so be gentle 🤣

I kind of broke both femurs in March, a day or two after my first ride of the year 🤦🏻‍♂️

I now seem to be 16st10 😬

I’ve had an external fixator on the right one since March 24th or so which was too big to allow me to ride. But that’s coming off soon (Fri 24th) so hopefully start turning some pedals again.

I was hoping to use this thread for motivation and accountability.

MyFitnessPal is back on the home screen and I’ve made a start at 1500kcals net.

I doubt I can get chaingang-fit in time for the end of summer so I guess my goal is to get fit enough to climb back to C in Zwift ready for winter as I would be a mid D right now I reckon 🤣🤣

Anyway, hope all is well 🍻
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Room for a small (fat) one?

Post by weeksy »

Ouch! Welcome in fat boy.

Soon as you want to ride both indoor or out, just shout
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Thanks! I imagine it’s going to take a few rides to see how I feel. Prob start with 30 mins and add a few each day.

The turbo has been packed away for ages but if I can get some momentum going, it would be something to aim for to roll into a winter of Zwift racing :)
formula400

Post by formula400 »

sod that, hope its not to painful, at least you have a turbo trainer and you can build up at home with out too much danger :mrgreen: (I've seen cycles on rollers and people stacking :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

It was oddly un-painful right through really. Did smash the codeine for a week or two but generally just paracetamol until about a month ago when I gave up them too.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Not 'fat', just under-height for your weight.

You said femur, but isn't the framework on your lower leg? Whatever, GWS, and GSS (get slim soon).
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Don't let Weeksy anywhere near those nuts and bolts (especially with his enthusiastic Torque Wrench), GWS.

😁😂
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Horse wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 pm Not 'fat', just under-height for your weight.

You said femur, but isn't the framework on your lower leg? Whatever, GWS, and GSS (get slim soon).
Ah well done Wilson! I wondered who would be the first to spot that 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Of course I meant Tibias 👍🏻

I was thinking about all my accidents past and present at the time I wrote the post but still an odd mistake to make 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
crust

Post by crust »

Top bombing on the breakage front, proper job. :thumbup:

Let Weeksy know when you're ready for an easy pootle and we'll pop over, We can ride over to Hampstead Norreys and have a restorative fresh beer and salad at the brewery.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Ouch!
welcome and GWS Crosshair :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Thanks Crust! I have literally no idea what it’s going to feel like on the bike so I may be confined to the turbo anyhow but am looking forward to finding out 👍🏻
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Is it rude to ask wtf happened to cause those injuries? :wtf:

GWS fella! :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Beancounter wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:07 pm Is it rude to ask wtf happened to cause those injuries? :wtf:

GWS fella! :thumbup:
Not rude, but a good story :)
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

No not rude nor a particularly good story :crazy:
I had a leaky pipe on the front loader of my tractor and stood where I shouldn’t have done to reach the nut in a hurry. Barely touched the nut and the pipe blew and squished me between the front weights and the crossmember of the loader.

Annoyingly, my phone was in the cab but luckily the farmer walked his dog past about five minutes after it happened.
Interestingly, there was no pain thanks to the adrenaline I guess but it was quite surreal being trapped there wondering what the damage was going to be. I tried to keep wiggling my toes to check everything was working.

The operator deployed the air ambulance despite me telling them not to bother. And then the pilot walked in the barn and kicked the foot of my right leg really hard by accident 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

And then I didn’t even get a ride in it 🙄🤣
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

... and they let you loose with a rifle. :lol:

I winced when I read that. :sick:
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Indeed 😬🤣

I used to give my students print outs with a diagram of hydraulic pinch points to avoid at all costs when I worked at Hartpury 🤦🏻‍♂️

Should have read one 🤣

I replay it at least once a day still at the moment and curse my momentary lapse in common sense.

My son loves pointing to the sticker on the loader that says not to stand there too 🤣🤣

I got back on the horse straight away mind you
(Well, 3 weeks or so 🤣)
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Progress 8-)
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Okay so my compression bandage has fallen off and I’m now itching to try the bike.
I logged on to Strava for the first time this year and it was very depressing to be honest.
Some of the times being put in on my old favourite group ride routes are bonkers!
I need to just settle down and find a way to enjoy making progress- I’d say I’m at least two years of consistent training away from where I was.
For the rest of this year, I think just healing up my legs whilst losing some weight is a valid goal.
Hopefully I can enjoy some Zwift racing along the way and then try and train a bit more seriously in the new year with a view to rejoining the local chaingang for 2021.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Crosshair wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:18 pm Okay so my compression bandage has fallen off and I’m now itching to try the bike.
I logged on to Strava for the first time this year and it was very depressing to be honest.
Some of the times being put in on my old favourite group ride routes are bonkers!
I need to just settle down and find a way to enjoy making progress- I’d say I’m at least two years of consistent training away from where I was.
For the rest of this year, I think just healing up my legs whilst losing some weight is a valid goal.
Hopefully I can enjoy some Zwift racing along the way and then try and train a bit more seriously in the new year with a view to rejoining the local chaingang for 2021.
Zwift now has 'group rides' where you can ride any layout completely with just you and 1-100 mates... no-one else... so no peer pressure... you can stil use the message function but can block all other riders from being on course.

You know where we are mate.
Crosshair

Post by Crosshair »

Cool sounds good. I’ll probably try and leave it as late as possible in the year so I don’t use up too much indoor motivation.

If I’m serious about getting back to form then I may invest in some new toys as inspiration. Maybe a Core/Climb combo although I’ll need to check the weight limit :lol: