Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Jazzy

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by Jazzy »

booked :clap: saturday in inters.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by weeksy »

Jazzy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 pm booked :clap: saturday in inters.
Good work Jazzy, nice job. Look forward to it mate.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Right then guys,

I've been chatting with Alan today and we have a few complications. It seems that firstly no under 16s are likely to be allowed due to government CV19 stuff in Wales. With Ceris mum not living a million miles away we are OK to sort this one and we'll drop our boy off at her place on the Friday, then scoot back to Llanelli before tea.

The other minor issue is with camping.... Current rules are that no overnight camping is allowed. The thoughts are that this HOPEFULLY will change but that can't be promised at this stage. So we've booked the same hotel for the Saturday night, using the Flexi booking which allows free cancellation up to 3 days before hand. Obviously by 3 days before we'll know 100% if that's changed in Wales so can cancel and do the camping thing if allowed. But if not, then we'll be staying down at the Premier Inn for the 2nd night too.
I/we understand if that causes you guys (Jazzy mostly) a problem and will do our best to make things right, but we cannot change the rules laid out by Wales as you can imagine.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hi Weeksy

I'm sorted mate.

Due to a misbooking issue my end, we are actually on holiday in Wales the week leading up to the 22nd.

We are going to Aberporth for a couple of days, then across to LLanidloes for the rest of the week.

So the plan is to get up Saturday and travel the 2 hours down from Llanidloes on Saturday morning bright and early. Debs and the kids (and dogs) will drop me and the trailered GSXR off in the morning and probably go to Tenby for the day, then pick me up after the trackday, and we've got an airbnb booked about 20miles back towards civilisation.

Then sunday we'll just toddle on home from there.

So yes a bit different from the norm and not what we wanted, but with the lockdown continuing on in Wales better than nothing!

I will be proper roughing it, with just letting the tyres down and riding it as there's bugger all room in the car what with the kids, the weeks worth of clothes, and dogs and the bike's going to be towed behind the car all week.

I do have a favour to ask though Steve? Can you bring me a gallon or 2 of petrol please?

Cheers
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Jazzy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:46 pm Hi Weeksy

I'm sorted mate.

Due to a misbooking issue my end, we are actually on holiday in Wales the week leading up to the 22nd.

We are going to Aberporth for a couple of days, then across to LLanidloes for the rest of the week.

So the plan is to get up Saturday and travel the 2 hours down from Llanidloes on Saturday morning bright and early. Debs and the kids (and dogs) will drop me and the trailered GSXR off in the morning and probably go to Tenby for the day, then pick me up after the trackday, and we've got an airbnb booked about 20miles back towards civilisation.

Then sunday we'll just toddle on home from there.

So yes a bit different from the norm and not what we wanted, but with the lockdown continuing on in Wales better than nothing!

I will be proper roughing it, with just letting the tyres down and riding it as there's bugger all room in the car what with the kids, the weeks worth of clothes, and dogs and the bike's going to be towed behind the car all week.

I do have a favour to ask though Steve? Can you bring me a gallon or 2 of petrol please?

Cheers
Sure mate, we'll come up with a plan
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Extra night booked at the hotel just in case but as you said its a stand by measure we might not need .......... no biggie as a comfy bed instead of a kip mat and a sleeping bag might be nice :D :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:41 pm Extra night booked at the hotel just in case but as you said its a stand by measure we might not need .......... no biggie as a comfy bed instead of a kip mat and a sleeping bag might be nice :D :D
Yeah will be far from a disaster! The pub has a nice outdoor space and secluded parking etc.

Sadly we've had to cancel oulton which was on the Tues after as msv are still running the u16 rule too. Whilst we can sort that for Pembrey, it would be hellish complexity levels to do the same for oulton
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Which hotel you stopping in.?
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 pm Which hotel you stopping in.?
Pm on way
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Friday and Saturday booked. Would i be wrong in saying all overnight stayers do this anyway. Better sleep food, beers, toilet and wouldn't need to load bike so much. 🤷‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:37 pm Friday and Saturday booked. Would i be wrong in saying all overnight stayers do this anyway. Better sleep food, beers, toilet and wouldn't need to load bike so much. 🤷‍♂️
We have at times, but prefer the BBQ and banter of the paddock, watching the sun go down over the coast and trying to give away 4 tonnes of meat we can't finish, waking up at 3am and trying to remmeber where you did a pee at 1am and not falling over the tent lines, it's all part of the fun usually.

But as we know, we're in a different normal now, the comfy bed will be appreciated :) It also means i don't have to BBQ :)

Hmmmm doesn't sound all bad now.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

and we're all getting on a bit. 🧙‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43 pm
We have at times, but prefer the BBQ and banter of the paddock, watching the sun go down over the coast and trying to give away 4 tonnes of meat we can't finish, waking up at 3am and trying to remmeber where you did a pee at 1am and not falling over the tent lines, it's all part of the fun usually.

But as we know, we're in a different normal now, the comfy bed will be appreciated :) It also means i don't have to BBQ :)

Hmmmm doesn't sound all bad now.
You might yet get to BBQ as according to the latest Gov.Wales advice camping using shared facilities is looking at been given the green light from Saturday 25th July

It also allows BBQ outdoors from different households as long as "leper" distance is maintained ;)

But........... the hotel bit doesnt sound all bad does it :D

Looking at few other things it looks like Wales is about 2-3 weeks behind English guidelines as even their bike tests are beginning first week of August whereas ours started again last week hence why my work went from a day or 2 a week to 4 days a week at the moment
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Didn't I read that you're allowed to sleep in "self contained units" but not tents? Obvs aimed at campervans but a van with a sleeping bag is a campervan isn't it?

Failing that anyway I can always stay with the inlaws in Swansea on the Friday night and review my Saturday night options nearer the time.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:14 pm Didn't I read that you're allowed to sleep in "self contained units" but not tents? Obvs aimed at campervans but a van with a sleeping bag is a campervan isn't it?

Failing that anyway I can always stay with the inlaws in Swansea on the Friday night and review my Saturday night options nearer the time.
that's a bit of a grey area at the moment... the letter of the law says no... I think it needs to fit other criteria than just being a van with a sleeping bag to be acceptable currently.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:14 pm Didn't I read that you're allowed to sleep in "self contained units" but not tents? Obvs aimed at campervans but a van with a sleeping bag is a campervan isn't it?

At the moment mate its the "shared facilities" bit thats the issue as you still need the toilet blocks for your van and sleeping bag. From what i read on the Welsh Govt site that appears to be starting this weekend so by the time we go you could be ok ;)
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:47 pm At the moment mate its the "shared facilities" bit thats the issue as you still need the toilet blocks for your van and sleeping bag. From what i read on the Welsh Govt site that appears to be starting this weekend so by the time we go you could be ok ;)
Yeah, though the "shared facilities" will obvs be open during the day unless they're anticipating al fresco pooping. Other matters can be handled round the back of the van or with a big milk carton. Minger, moi?
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Evening All

Ok - let me clarify a few things:
We are currently back up and running - with an agreed limited number of riders - 60 per day 20 per group. 58% reduction on our current summer numbers.
ALL riders are required to Sign On, confirm Safety Briefing, COVID 19 disclaimer and T&C's before attending their event. Individual E mails are sent out 5 days before the event commences. The only ''contact'' we have with you is to collect your wristband / sticker, produce your driving licence and have your temperature taken.
Each Rider is allowed 1 helper - There are NO spectators or children ( under the age of 18 ) currently allowed at events.
Riders with ''Self contained vehicles'' ( which means internal shower / cooking and toilet ) are allowed to stay overnight - i.e Motorhome and Camper vans. Camping - of any sort is still not allowed. But - we expect this ''Tent ban'' to change before our August event.
There are NO shower facilities.

All this is as we stand tonight. As you can appreciate things do change quickly ( well, your side of the bridge anyway ...) so when I get some more information I'll let you know. For those of you on Facebook please refer to our Facebook site.

There are a couple of you who wish to come - bear with me I'll see what I can do - but bookings are extremely busy.

And on a positive note - everyone loves the 20 rider format !

Keep Safe

Alan.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Alan,

If it helps, I'll give my space up in inters to one of the 2 others. I've done hundreds of days as you know and I'd happily see other guys out. They do come as a pair though, so depends on whether you could fit in the 2nd.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Them welsh lot doing camping yet.??
Yamaha rocket 3