When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Noggin

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Noggin »

I must try take a photo tomorrow when I"m going home, but it was way tooo cold to stop and take photos this morning!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

formula400 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:08 pm Today, to work, got pulled by the police for having a 7x5 number plate, got a telling off. No points, but they take a picture and said it’s saved so if I get pulled again with it they won’t let me off. I’ll have to stick the sail back on.
Jeez are they still at that shit over there? Must be 15 years since I had a tug for a 6 x 4 with small print. Deservedly so,but I've never been bothered for a 5 x 7.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Pretty nice day today,but cold. All the heated gear was in play and lush it was. 8-)

I hit the big 10k mark and stopped to record all the 9s.

Walt Whitman
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

formula400 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:08 pm Today, to work, got pulled by the police for having a 7x5 number plate, got a telling off. No points, but they take a picture and said it’s saved so if I get pulled again with it they won’t let me off. I’ll have to stick the sail back on.
So rarely see illegal-sized number plates these days? I've run a 8x6 on pretty much every bike I've had and never been stopped for it? I guess 2" smaller all round is pushing it?
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:12 pm
So rarely see illegal-sized number plates these days? I've run a 8x6 on pretty much every bike I've had and never been stopped for it? I guess 2" smaller all round is pushing it?
Yeah I’ve just ordered a 8x6 with legal sized letters
CBR650r :mrgreen:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

10k, you'll be needing a new one soon. They not supposed to do that kind of mileage!
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:02 pm Saw the sunrise on the way into work this morning so thought it was worth a pic
I was always glad to see sunrise with those mk1 Fazer headlights.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:12 pm
The shops here can sell smaller plates for Enduro bikes.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Gregor wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm
I was always glad to see sunrise with those mk1 Fazer headlights.
They are appalling i agree. On Saturday on the way home in the dark i could barely see anything and quite glad the car in front of me hit the deer in the middle of the road as i saw it in his lights and managed to swerve to avoid the carnage left by the impact. Might have been a different story and that was me with full beam on
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:06 pm 10k, you'll be needing a new one soon. They not supposed to do that kind of mileage!
Yeah, are all the gears still there? :D ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yes there is snow on the ground!! Not a great picture as I stopped at a friends on the way back up the mountain, so the light was almost sunset-like!! Luckily the temperature was pretty warm so I didn't freeze as much as riding down yesterday morning.

Unexpectedly I have class tomorrow (it's a holiday tomorrow for 11/11, but the other students agreed with the teacher to work through and when I joined yesterday I found out!!) Sooooo - just hoping it isn't freezing in the morning because there was a bit of damp on the road this afternoon from melting on the verges!!!

Anyway - photo with the Monster parked opposite the bus station in Plagne Centre - if it wasn't covered in cloud, you could see Mont Blanc in the background!!! (will try and get a better shot next time I get back and the sun is shining!!) Also, the headlight is on cos I was close to the garage I use, so just hopped off the bike and left it running whilst I took the photo :D :D And yes, I really need to get a tail-pack for next year!! :lol: :lol:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Fucking wierdo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:45 pmFucking wierdo
No argument from me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, if I still had access to a car, I wouldn't be riding!! But it wasn't freezing this afternoon and whilst bits of road were damp, they weren't slippy (although I may have ridden those bits as if they were :( )

Just hoping it doesn't freeze tonight!! :thumbup:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Please dont fall off in slush ffs , i dont think the local A and E need to know you by name as they already probably know you on sight as the pink haired English bird who falls over ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:56 pm Please dont fall off in slush ffs , i dont think the local A and E need to know you by name as they already probably know you on sight as the pink haired English bird who falls over ;)
I've managed to keep A&E down to once every 2 years - at the moment!! LOL (Only cos I didn't go when I went headfirst down the stairs!! LOL) But yes, I'm sure they know me exactly as you say anyway! I think that's what I'm called in resort!! LOL

But I do try to be careful on the bike! Honest xx

There is no slush on the road I need to use to get to the valley. The bit you can see in the photos is just a bit further up than the garage and in a layby. I am really hoping that the snow holds off for another 8 days just so I can get to class easily!! If it snows and settles (slush or full on snow) then I have to get a lift down :( :( So here's crossing fingers for the weather to be kind to me!! :mrgreen:
Skub

Post by Skub »

While out today,I came across a new franchise. I bet it's shit. @Bigyin :P

Walt Whitman
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:45 pm While out today,I came across a new franchise. I bet it's shit. @Bigyin :P

That must be the chinese arm of the family ............. quality :thumbup: :mrgreen:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:45 pm While out today,I came across a new franchise. I bet it's shit. @Bigyin :P

Did they sell porridge?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Did around 160 miles today.

Set off 10:30am skies grey with the odd spit of rain, got to Gainsborough and it was a lovely bright day with blue skies and dry roads... then Market Rasen it clouded over and started to rain, but it was patchy, some roads dry, some wet. Got to Donna Nook (nearish Louth) to see the seals for an hour or two, then back home.

Roads were all dry by then and something clicked. I started to really push the bike, destroyed the chicken strips, even had a comment from the wife about how fast the bike was (which she's been on at least a dozen times). Knocked 30mins off the Satnags original guestimate for the trip home.

I had my first ever Starbucks at Caenby corner!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Haven't been arty with the bike cos usually when I get home I'm far too cold to think about taking a mountain picture, and when I leave to go out I'm concentrating so hard on the road and the fact that it's cold and so I need to be wary!!!

This pic is the Monster parked by my favourite cafe in Bourg St Maurice waiting for a mate to arrive on her bike! :D :D