Summer jacket

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
maccecht

Summer jacket

Post by maccecht »

Anyone recommend a reasonable Summer type jacket. Never owned one Mr traditional me. However as the weather gets hotter and I live in Costa del South east a jacket that let's a bit of air in would be a wise purchase. Anyone North of Manchester need not reply as 20 DC is likely to give sunstroke to you folks so you are unlikely to need summer wear :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Summer jacket

Post by weeksy »

The Held jacket that both Tricky and GP have seems a good option to me.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Yep, Its the first proper summer jacket I've had - no vents, just mesh.
it needs to be about 15c otherwise its a bit chilly. I've got a windproof baselayer I can use for early mornings when touring.
I'm really please with mine. Furygan do a similar thing.

hey do them in light grey or black. Balck doesn't appear to be a sensible colour for hot summers days in France or Spain so I've got the light one.

rev667

Post by rev667 »

Summer Jacket eh? In the UK...
This style springs to mind at the moment.

Paranoia, a hobby not a lifestyle.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

I've had Dainese mesh jacket and trousers since that really long summer (2017, 2018?). I used this week for a ride and it makes so much difference to even ventilated leathers. One thing bear in mind is that it works on air movement. If you're stuck at lights, next to lorries etc then the mesh means that heat comes in quicker than when wearing leathers.

If used on a summer evening I just take my EDZ windproof layers (squeeze down to mars bar size) and tick that underneath for the ride back.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I have a Weiss mesh jacket which comes with wind proof and shower resistant liners too. Only used it as a mesh jacket but its very good.
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

A*Stars do loads.
A lot depends if you prefer a sports or touring style cut too.
Reminds me I need to sell a new one that is too big for me!
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I've got a set of Dainese Laguna two piece leathers that are fine in hot weather so long as your moving, or not scrunched over a very hot FZR400 :D
Honda Owner
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

My leathers arent too bad for summer as they have perforated panels and my Dainese Goretex also have lots of zip open vents but when its proper hot and bimbling around behind students at low speed i am now looking for a mesh jacket as the Instructor over vest i have to wear covers most of the vents and panels on both my leathers and textiles so will keep an eye on links posted :thumbup:
Scootabout

Post by Scootabout »

I have a pretty ancient Hein Gericke mesh jacket that probably isn't all that protective compared to my usual Halvarssons one, but makes a big difference to comfort when the temperature rises above about 25 degrees, which seems to be increasingly often. In borderline conditions I just add a windproof but breathable (Pertex) under layer.
maccecht

Post by maccecht »

Went for Frank Thomas one in the end couldnt justify spending a wedge on something I will only wear on hot days. It will do the job. Rode wearing it back to home from JandS in Maidstone on Saturday cant complain was nice having a breeze cool me down. Wouldnt want to crash in it though.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm My leathers arent too bad for summer as they have perforated panels and my Dainese Goretex also have lots of zip open vents but when its proper hot and bimbling around behind students at low speed i am now looking for a mesh jacket as the Instructor over vest i have to wear covers most of the vents and panels on both my leathers and textiles so will keep an eye on links posted :thumbup:
A couple of mates have bought mesh jackets in the last few weeks (probably explains the bad weather!) So Hel, Furygan, Revit and Oxford jackets have all have happy owners - suppose its down to fit in the end.
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Last year in Croatia I wore a Rukka Gore-tex jacket, which was a great piece of kit but rather too hot. As well as being quite heavy it was black and while you could vent it while moving, it didn't half get warm in traffic. So this year I've bought an RST adventure jacket, a fair bit lighter and also light coloured. As a long distance travel jacket it's questionable as it's not designed to be waterproof, but does come with a waterproof and thermal liner. In summer though it's proving to be very good, with easy zip vents that let it breathe.

https://www.rst-moto.com/pro-series-adv ... acket.html