HRT Track day at Cadwell Park

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
The Spin Doctor

Re: HRT Track day at Cadwell Park

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:13 pm Best bit of Cadwell is from just after the chicane to just before the chicane
It's a bit iffy, but good passing place. On the brakes round the outside, or get on the gas sooner on the exit.
I was getting the centre stand down there just about every lap!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:13 pm Best bit of Cadwell is from just after the chicane to just before the chicane
It's a bit iffy, but good passing place. On the brakes round the outside, or get on the gas sooner on the exit.
I was getting the centre stand down there just about every lap!
You need to hang off and keep the bike upright
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm You need to hang off and keep the bike upright
I was!!

(Obviously not enough!)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 pm You need to hang off and keep the bike upright
That's the one thing I can't/don't do, maybe because I've been riding the 'wrong' type of bike for nearly 20 years and definitely because it feels weird but then I'm still quite a way from needing to hang off.

One thing I didn't mention earlier but you mentioning hanging off has reminded me, there were two riders in particular, one on an early SV650 and one on a 2002 CBR600, both of whom were rapid and very smooth. Both were hanging off but not overly so and their bikes were, IMO, really cranked over. Following both of them into a corner was really quite helpful because I got to see what was possible without being concerned about another rider unexpectedly passing me. I'd guess both those riders would be at the front of the Inters.