What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bigyin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Bigyin »

Dropped the dog off at the vet at 0900 as he had a small growth on his mouth to be removed.

By 1300 the vet called and its probably a cancerous growth so a lot more than we thought (650 quid) but they will remove it and see how he does. Came home tonight after picking him up at 1800 and he is attached to either of us permanently.

The removal seems to have perked him up and brought him back to a happy little dog rather than subdued as before. Time will tell if its worked or will come back again and we might have to face losing the little sod after 15 years :cry:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:13 am Dropped the dog off at the vet at 0900 as he had a small growth on his mouth to be removed.

By 1300 the vet called and its probably a cancerous growth so a lot more than we thought (650 quid) but they will remove it and see how he does. Came home tonight after picking him up at 1800 and he is attached to either of us permanently.

The removal seems to have perked him up and brought him back to a happy little dog rather than subdued as before. Time will tell if its worked or will come back again and we might have to face losing the little sod after 15 years :cry:
Awww good luck mate
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Washed the 3 huge outside tellies.
Cleaned the pool.
Jumped in with mask and sweeping brush and gave it a good scrub.

Had a swim.

Now chilling with a beer.

Air 28c
Pool 31c
Beer fridge 1c.

Perfecto :obscene-birdiedoublered:
IMG_20210910_165010.jpg
IMG_20210910_165010.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 236 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:13 am Dropped the dog off at the vet at 0900 as he had a small growth on his mouth to be removed.

Fingers crossed mate...
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote:
Awww good luck mate
Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Fingers crossed mate...
Cheers lads ….. he seems not too bad today when got back in as out training all day. You will note he has the sofa and I have the floor ;)

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 pm
weeksy wrote:
Awww good luck mate
Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Fingers crossed mate...
Cheers lads ….. he seems not too bad today when got back in as out training all day. You will note he has the sofa and I have the floor ;)

Jack Russells, as they say, its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog! ;)

2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Well yesterday really............

I went to a wheelie school. Had a great day out, it was one of those things that I have always wanted to do as, despite riding bikes for more than 50 years I am still scared shitless every time the front wheel leaves the road.

Well, I made progress and did achieve some air time and now have a basic understanding of what to do.

Can I wheelie now?... Not what I would call wheelies, but little acorns and all that - the issue really is how to build on it and I can see it's gonna be difficult to do so as I don't have my own large, flat, open space so I can see myself attending again next year.

I know it won't contribute, directly, to my road riding unlike a Bikesafe day that I did with Surrey Police earlier in the year but it was riding a bike in a different environment and something I'd never done before.....and it was great fun, if a little frustrating as I was no good :lol:

Highly recommended, only two of the dozen or so attendees had wheelied at all and they only on smaller bikes or mopeds. Yep, I was definitely the oldest guy there by more than 10 years but they cater for all ages/levels of experience using Fazer 600's and would let you use your own bike if you wished.....the Tuono stayed parked up :D

Definitely will do it again

Kev
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Which one did you go to?

There is/was one near me (just outside Buckingham) that I've toyed with going to. I have no real desire to wheelie on the road (being a generally law abiding citizen I'd get nicked immediately) but I've always fancied doing it for shit and gigs.
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:30 pm Which one did you go to?

There is/was one near me (just outside Buckingham) that I've toyed with going to. I have no real desire to wheelie on the road (being a generally law abiding citizen I'd get nicked immediately) but I've always fancied doing it for shit and gigs.
https://www.stuntasylum.com

This is the linky - talking to the guys yesterday they put most of their stuff and will probably announce their dates first on Faceberk but I'm not on there.

They were saying pre-pandemic they had a lot of slots at Dunsfold, which is much closer to me, but they were caught out a bit with the relaxation of the Covid protocols so haven't had as many there this year .

Kev
Horse

Post by Horse »

Dunsfold is one of the many test areas which are becoming unavailable.

I've just had a look at the planning applications, as there are plans approved for Dunsfold airfield to become a new 'garden town'.

Permission for training type events has been temporarily extended:

Application Under Section 73A To Vary Condition 1 Of Wa/2018/0173 Condition 1 States Development Is Granted For A Temporary Period Only Expiring On 30Th April 2021 To Allow Temporary Use (Of Perimeter Track And Runway For Driver Training And Siting Of Building) Until 30Th April 2024.

Part of my work involves hiring test facilities, and it's getting more difficult. Bruntingthorpe is closed for any hiring, Longcross is booked completely by Netflix, TRL Crowthorne is now a housing estate. Many of the disused airfields are used for car storage (although the current shortage of new cars might reduce that).
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Horse wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:50 pm Dunsfold is one of the many test areas which are becoming unavailable.

I've just had a look at the planning applications, as there are plans approved for Dunsfold airfield to become a new 'garden town'.

Permission for training type events has been temporarily extended:

Application Under Section 73A To Vary Condition 1 Of Wa/2018/0173 Condition 1 States Development Is Granted For A Temporary Period Only Expiring On 30Th April 2021 To Allow Temporary Use (Of Perimeter Track And Runway For Driver Training And Siting Of Building) Until 30Th April 2024.

Part of my work involves hiring test facilities, and it's getting more difficult. Bruntingthorpe is closed for any hiring, Longcross is booked completely by Netflix, TRL Crowthorne is now a housing estate. Many of the disused airfields are used for car storage (although the current shortage of new cars might reduce that).
This is pretty much what they were saying. Apparently the Dunsfold developers decided to re-open bookings to get some income but Stunt Asylum got caught on the hop a bit.... They too were saying about the dearth of suitable locations :(

Kev
Horse

Post by Horse »

2xtwins wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pm
Horse wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:50 pm Dunsfold is one of the many test areas which are becoming unavailable.

the Dunsfold developers decided to re-open bookings to get some income but Stunt Asylum got caught on the hop a bit....
IIRC the planning extensions have restrictions on how many days can be used and numbers of vehicles accessing the site through each year.
2xtwins wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pmThey too were saying about the dearth of suitable locations :(
Usually very expensive when you can get access [daily fee, access licence (eg paperwork fee), sometimes induction sessions, per vehicle fee ... ] And plan on providing a risk assessment, often asked for. Good luck with that for stunt riding :)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

2xtwins wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:21 am Well yesterday really............

I went to a wheelie school. Had a great day out, it was one of those things that I have always wanted to do as, despite riding bikes for more than 50 years I am still scared shitless every time the front wheel leaves the road.

Well, I made progress and did achieve some air time and now have a basic understanding of what to do.

Can I wheelie now?... Not what I would call wheelies, but little acorns and all that - the issue really is how to build on it and I can see it's gonna be difficult to do so as I don't have my own large, flat, open space so I can see myself attending again next year.

I know it won't contribute, directly, to my road riding unlike a Bikesafe day that I did with Surrey Police earlier in the year but it was riding a bike in a different environment and something I'd never done before.....and it was great fun, if a little frustrating as I was no good :lol:

Highly recommended, only two of the dozen or so attendees had wheelied at all and they only on smaller bikes or mopeds. Yep, I was definitely the oldest guy there by more than 10 years but they cater for all ages/levels of experience using Fazer 600's and would let you use your own bike if you wished.....the Tuono stayed parked up :D

Definitely will do it again

Kev
Nice one Kev, good on ya! :thumbup:

( pics or it didn't happen though ;) )
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got up at 7am, left Weymouth at 8.30, Bro and SiL dropped me at Heathrow 2 hours early (!!) cos there was no traffic. Friend arrived at the proper time and we went into a posh lounge! Went to board plane (delaye 20 mins) then landed at Lyon. He drove us back and dropped me at home. Home by 8.45 pm.

Not the longest day. But after the weekend, I'm flipping knackered!

Left resort late afternoon on Thursday, arrived at Calais 5am and just missed the early train. Got to Folkstone at about 7am UK time. Drove Transit to a place in the sticks outside Cirencester. Had bacon and sausage and egg sarnie. Another friend came to pick me up and so left Transit there at it's new home. (Bloody impressed - it's been parked for over a year, moved less than a km maybe three times! Apart from the lack of power steering, it was bloody brilliant!!)

We left to go to the south coast. All sorts of sodding traffic. 1.5 hour trip took 4 :o :o But, awesome amounts of chat then fish and chips and sleep.

Met TC and his lovely lady for a coffee yesterday morning, then a train ride to Weymouth to see family for my sisters 50th. Much better, less stressful than I expected. Had a good time and was awesome to catch up with family

Think I might sleep most of tomorrow!! LOL Can't believe how little sleep (and also, believe it or not, how little food) I've had since Thursday!! LOL

I got to see some awesome friends and my family. My Transit has (weirdly) made someone else happy.

Glad to be home tho.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Finished my Sons room. Super pleased with what I've done. :)

Visited my Step Dad for the first time since my having Covid. Being hospitalised and then coming home, but needing carers 3 times a day, had knocked his self confidence. A good chat over a beer put him back where he should be. :thumbup:

Visited my Father-in-Law for the first time since my having Covid. Said he'd really missed me, because he need a new valve putting in his Camper van wheel. :? I did it though. Felt really good breaking the beads and getting a commercial tyre off of one side of the rim with nothing but a shovel and 2 small pry bars. 8-)

A different weekend,but in its own way, a real good one! :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Finally found the £100 I've been searching for all of yesterday.

My in-laws very generously gave me five fresh new £20 notes in my birthday card last Tuesday. Laying in bed Sunday morning I suddenly has that 'Where the fuck did I put it?' moment. Turned the house upside down, went thorough the paper recycling meticulously in case it had gone in with the envelope in error, even did the same with the black sack of household waste (gag), but nothing. Went through all my jeans, trousers and jackets. Was really bugging me.

Anyhow, Mrs. Gremlin pointed to the washing machine this morning. Having a lazy bath were my five £20 notes, which I must have put in the gym shorts I had absolutely no recollection of wearing on my birthday, which is slightly worrying as they say that excess alcohol kills brain cells. :shock:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Horse

Post by Horse »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:46 am Finally found what's left of the £100 I've been searching for all of yesterday.
Ftfy

One advantage of plastic! Although will they shrink or shrivel on a really hot wash?
gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:46 am they say that excess alcohol kills brain cells. :shock:
Survival of the fittest?
Last edited by Horse on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:46 am went thorough the paper recycling meticulously in case it had gone in with the envelope in error
Wifey asked me for some cash last Friday which she then put next to the pile of papers she was sorting through. I said at the time not to put it there as she'd throw out out, a couple of hours later she's going through the recycling bin trying to retrieve it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:46 am Finally found the £100 I've been searching for all of yesterday.
they say that excess alcohol kills brain cells. :shock:
Does shandy count ?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Finally realised that the grinding noise my bike was making is worn out brake pads :thumbup: