Silverstone British MotoGP 2021

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Re: Silverstone British MotoGP 2021

Post by Yorick »

He boasted to the Spanish press that he's in top 3 riders in the world.

Erm, he's the only regular MotoGP rider who's never won any GP race :D
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm He boasted to the Spanish press that he's in top 3 riders in the world.

Yup this is what I don’t get when he was having a go at Lorenzo, obviously Aleix is fast but he has the attitude of a regular winner, strange
Skub

Post by Skub »

Couchy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:58 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm He boasted to the Spanish press that he's in top 3 riders in the world.

Yup this is what I don’t get when he was having a go at Lorenzo, obviously Aleix is fast but he has the attitude of a regular winner, strange
I think it's the innate self belief you need to possess if you want to be a world class anything. Aleix very clearly believes he is a world champion if he had the bike and team to do the job.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:35 pm
Couchy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:58 pm

I think it's the innate self belief you need to possess if you want to be a world class anything. Aleix very clearly believes he is a world champion if he had the bike and team to do the job.
Oh yes, you need to believe. But not talk complete bollox. He'll be great on here :obscene-birdiedoublered:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:18 pm
G.P wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:13 pm I'm going up to Silverstone for the whole weekend with IanB and the wiltshire lads who came to Pembrey last week. anyone else going?
My eldest lad and his mate are going for race day. I don't really like Silverstone as a track for spectators so gave it a miss when he asked about tickets. Did the race day a few years ago and the 5 hours getting out of the car park pissed me off sufficiently to not go back again
We had no queue to get out as we left on Monday morning, there was live entertainment and all the stalls were till open at woodlands campsite.
I thought spectating was great, on Friday and saturday you could sit in any stand you liked, Becketts and CLub were both really good. We walked around the perimeter both days so had a pea from every corner. My phone said I'd taken over 28,000 steps on both days so its a fair old walk.
We had seats in Club corner for raceday. Marquez took Martin off right in front of us...
I'll be going back again next year, its not cheap but its a memorable weekend.