The People One Meets..........

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Didge

The People One Meets..........

Post by Didge »

Last night about 21:30, Mrs Didge & I, were heading home from Mitcham to Horley, when the Burgy popped and instantly died.
We were on the outskirts of Chipstead, Surrey, on a narrow lane type road, and there was virtually no lighting.
As it happened, we'd stopped next to a large bungalow, and so I knocked on the front door, and asked the lady who answered, if I could roll the scoot into her drive, so that I could rummage around the bike to see if I could find out why it had stopped.

She was very nice, and let me put the bike under the light in the drive, and I proceeded to get to work. In the meantime, Mrs D had been invited inside and was having a chat.

I ended up calling up Carole Nash recovery, and proceeded to wait for their arrival.

Whilst waiting, the lady came back outside, and I was chatting to her, and she was telling me that she didn't live there, the house belonged to her 93 yo Mum. Her Mum was a heavy smoker, and had been since she was 13/14. I went inside, and saw the old dear in her chair, puffing away like an old steam loco, and I immediately recognised her voice.

She was a lovely old dear, who made us feel very welcome. She's 100% compos mentis, is physically able for her age, and the only thing that she suffers from, is her eyesight, which is very poor.

This is the lady in question.........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... sight.html
Horse

Re: The People One Meets..........

Post by Horse »

Who once said "Ive been told that I'm a gay acorn"
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I once met the lovely Mrs Didge in Playa Honda. She was with some strange dood.
Didge

Post by Didge »

:lol: