Moth?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Moth?

Post by Wreckless Rat »

I think it's moth?

I have a set of line plans, need someone to help me make sure I am reading them correctly, as digging up the power that feeds the village probably won't go down that well, as well as costing a fortune.
Horse

Re: Moth?

Post by Horse »

Decided to build that swimming pool? Or constructing an underground panic room bomb shelter? ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

haha.... neither. ;)
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Harry wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am Bananaman finally convinced you to build the sex dungeon then.
He said you had the hat and wouldn't give it back... :think:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:25 am I think it's moth?

I have a set of line plans, need someone to help me make sure I am reading them correctly, as digging up the power that feeds the village probably won't go down that well, as well as costing a fortune.
I might be able to help, but my knowledge is telecoms rather than power, but the diagrams are similar.
There shouldn't be anything other than your own feed in your land, if someone else's power goes through your land there should be a Wayleave for it with your deeds.
If someone else's you can ask for it to be removed, whoever owns it has to reply within 28 days of your request - they don't have to move it in 28 days.
If it's your own power you have to pay for it to be moved and officially you can't move it your self.
Honda Owner
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:58 am

I might be able to help, but my knowledge is telecoms rather than power, but the diagrams are similar.
There shouldn't be anything other than your own feed in your land, if someone else's power goes through your land there should be a Wayleave for it with your deeds. If there is you can ask for it to be removed, whoever owns it has to reply within 28 days of your request - they don't have to move it in 28 days.
I don't own the land, yet....

There is LV cable running there, under the foot path I think, but UKPN seem to have the apprentice on today who wasn't that helpful in being certain what the plan is telling me.
Taff

Post by Taff »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:58 am

There shouldn't be anything other than your own feed in your land, if someone else's power goes through your land there should be a Wayleave for it with your deeds.
If someone else's you can ask for it to be removed, whoever owns it has to reply within 28 days of your request - they don't have to move it in 28 days.
If it's your own power you have to pay for it to be moved and officially you can't move it your self.
This is a bit worrying for me. Our elec power comes in under my next door neighbor's garden, about 18 inches under ground and is just an armoured cable in the soil :o
moth

Post by moth »

Taff wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:31 am
This is a bit worrying for me. Our elec power comes in under my next door neighbor's garden, about 18 inches under ground and is just an armoured cable in the soil :o
What's the problem with that?
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
moth

Post by moth »

You have a PM
Le_Fromage_Grande

Taff wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:31 am This is a bit worrying for me. Our elec power comes in under my next door neighbor's garden, about 18 inches under ground and is just an armoured cable in the soil :o
It's nothing to worry about, if it's a shared feed it counts the same as if it was a soul feed to your neighbour, if your neighbour wants it moved the Leccy board will pay for it.
Honda Owner
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:27 pm It's nothing to worry about, if it's a shared feed it counts the same as if it was a soul feed to your neighbour, if your neighbour wants it moved the Leccy board will pay for it.
Mac n Cheese with some fried chicken? :D
moth

Post by moth »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Taff wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:31 am This is a bit worrying for me. Our elec power comes in under my next door neighbor's garden, about 18 inches under ground and is just an armoured cable in the soil :o
It's nothing to worry about, if it's a shared feed it counts the same as if it was a soul feed to your neighbour, if your neighbour wants it moved the Leccy board will pay for it.

I bet you the Leccy board (actually DNO) won't ;)
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Can you get the loan of a CAT and trace it yourself?
Le_Fromage_Grande

moth wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:43 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:27 pm

I bet you the Leccy board (actually DNO) won't ;)
I thought they worked to the same rules as BT, and if someone else's feed goes through your land you could ask to have it moved and it was the service provider who had to pay for moving it, anything else seems a bit unreasonable.
Honda Owner