I'm going to get one soon
No votes
This doesn't matter as far as RTTL is concerned
2%

Total votes: 63

Buckaroo

How many bikers in RTTL?

Post by Buckaroo »

I think this has been asked before, in a roundabout fashion. But, there's been a few comments of late about who or what RTTL is about and perhaps its intended focus has been somewhat derailed and we're losing members as a result.

So, are we predominantly a biking forum or does that no longer matter.

My primary reason for joining the previous forum and then switching to RTTL was and remains bikes (oh, and the jokes posts)
Horse

Re: How many bikers in RTTL?

Post by Horse »

For health reasons ( viewtopic.php ) I'm no longer able to ride.

But that doesn't stop me posting about riding techniques n'shit.

Edit: can I click two votes, please?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I have 2,an X-ADV and a CB1000R, but only cos i cant sell the CB1000R. I only use a bike for commuting and never just go for a ride anymore. Once the CB is sold i'll not replace it, although I do sometimes get the i wants for a 2 stroke with expansion chambers on, but I know in reality it'll just end up sitting unused under a cover in the garden like the CB is.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Bikes and biking is what brought the vast majority of the forum together, the common ground if you will. but that doesn't mean that bikes should be the sole topic of discussion on here.
non quod, sed quomodo
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

There's no "I have loads, but never ride them" option.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

3..down to 2 by the weekend. 2 ebikes, 2 normal bikes and 2 goldfish.
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm a no. Obviously i did in the past and techincally i/we do own the ZX6R, but i've put myself as a NO as i see that as the wifes bike not mine.

Well, i see it more as somewhere to hang things really than a motorbike :)
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I've got 5 bikes registered to me, one is really just a rolling chassis in bits, 1 is a running ornament, 1 is complete but I haven't ridden it for 3 years and 1 is a project in progress that I haven't touched for 2 years.

The other is my 2020 CB1000R, which is superb, I've owned it a year and done 6000 miles on it, all leisure miles, I've got a car for transport.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'm a no....at the moment. I haven't officially given up and I'm still interested in 'em. (Not so much on the sport side since most of it disappeared off free-to-air but there's still some IoM and NW 200 stuff on).

The next bike will probably be either +20 years old or electric (or have pedals :D ).

(Or have electric AND pedals :thumbup: ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

GPs are on ITV (3 maybe? or ITV2) not sure, but they're deffo there. BSB is often on Quest. Both of which are free.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:46 am GPs are on ITV (3 maybe? or ITV2) not sure, but they're deffo there. BSB is often on Quest. Both of which are free.
Oh yes, you're right...I did catch a GP or 2 and some BSB last year (I think I remember Laguna Seca being one?). The BSB was more interesting than the GP. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Discovery Plus is £6.99 a month and you get all the WorldSBK, BSB and some of the world endurance stuff.

As an added bonus you get every episode of Wheeler Dealers and Dr Pimple Popper.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I am an oddity
I have three bikes and I ride them
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I have 3 bikes currently registered & frequently used (the joys of early retirement),however a lot of new bikes cost more than I paid for all 3.
I also have two 'Classic' Yamaha's from the 80's,one of which I plan on getting back on the road this Autumn.
I think my next bike related purchase will be a big shed as the garage is getting full ..
Last edited by Bustaspoke on Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I have 2, 1 Road 1 race, but voted doesn't matter, as for my money it's more of a site for like minded people rather than purely motorbikes, which makes it better/more interesting. Also there's often other common ground (push bikes as an example).
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Came here for the sensible advice :crazy: and pop in occasionally but only for bike stuff, two rather impractical but fun Italian vee twins to my name & surprisingly both taxed insured & running but only ridden for fun. Currently trying to get Mrs dB back on a bike so the Guzzi might have to get chopped in for something smaller.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I'm a long term 2 bike owner. When I was working I had one for commuting,all year round duties and one for dry days pleasure miles. I no longer work,so I now have a Jap classic and a more modern Zed,both are dry day bikes,unless I get caught out in the rain.

I ride most decent days and can get withdrawal symptoms if I haven't had my fix in a while. :(

Regarding RTTL,going back to the early days there is a shared datum point of motorcycles and while a lot of folk still ride,no one needs to stop posting because they don't own a bike for whatever reason. I have mates who no longer ride,but we still talk. There are other aspects in the community which can be of interest,plus like any forum it's primarily about the people. There are folk on here who've known each other as pixels for more than 20 years,so whether the topic is bikes or current affairs,that's a deeply rooted history.

Maybe it's the bikes that initially draw people in,but like any relationship,there needs to be more than one aspect of interest if things are going to last more than 5 minutes and although this place may at times appear insular to an outsider,I think it works pretty well for what it is.
Last edited by Skub on Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

2 here, although only the Guzzi is in regular use at present and that is mainly just my short fun commute and a few hours at the weekend if it's dry.

Spend more time keeping it looking nice as I'm trying to sell it and get a Himalayan instead. If it hasn't gone by the end of August then I'll swap over to the Triumph and try again to shift it in the Spring.
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

My GSXR1000 hasn't turned a wheel since I got back from Jerez in May. But that doesn't matter, I like owning it.

Just put 2 new tyres on the GasGas and I'll be out on it Saturday with the boys.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I have a few but only 2 on the road at the moment. I'm definitely here for the bikes, in fact top of my wishlist would be Weeksy implementing something to stop me looking in currant affairs because it gets me down but I can't help looking like passing a car crash.