Friday thread... where did summer go ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Friday thread... where did summer go ?

Post by weeksy »

Well i think that's summer been and gone... it was nice though for sure.

Fri. Early morning cycle (done) and chilling, loading van then driving to Fort William with wife and boy
Sat. Race practice, fettling, spannering and hopefully surviving the midges and the track for the boy... out for evening meal :)
Sun. Fort William race day.... National DH series, can't wait.... There will be videos and pics a plenty :)
Count Steer

Re: Friday thread... where did summer go ?

Post by Count Steer »

Good luck chaps. :thumbup:

We're off for a short break for a bit of salty air this weekend. Will wander around a few 'open studios' looking at a bit of arty/crafty stuff (probably muttering the Yorkshire battle cry of " 'Ow much?! " under my breath at times. :D ).

Being a Bank Hollibob weekend I imagine it'll be full of weekend sea dogs scraping the barnacles off their boats having hunted out their cute little peaked caps, shorts and deck shoes from last August. :lol:

As usual the grass in the garden will triple the rate of growth while unattended so it'll be back to jungle management and the neverending task of bringing order to the contents of the cabin + replacing a few dripping gutter couplings on the house next week.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Work today, out to a local pub tonight
Sat, chill day followed by BBQ
Sun, try and work out how to take the wheels off my bike
Mon, Chill
Tues, pack rain gear for a week in a converted church in Wales, spend some time in Harlech followed by watching Zulu on one of those days.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Probably moving furniture, spawn has had their floor repaired.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm going to hope it doesn't rain as I'm heading down to the valley in a mo! Then back here probably to do more cross stitch or crochet!!

Sunday/Saturday - Weather dependant - possibility of a ride out with a guy I know from Bourg. Possibility of a ride to Chambery to a bike dealer that's having a 'weekender'!! They also sell Ducatis so might be able to help with the paperwork I need doing for the Monster :)

Not really anything else planned at all for now. Well, maybe a bit of paperwork that needs doing. Will probably head to the garage to try and tidy up and sort some of the stuff I have piled in there. Some is waiting for when I have the cat sit car next week so I can take some bigger stuff to the tip!!

Life is a bit boring up here in the interseason when it's not very nice weather!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hopefully get a MOT on the CB1000R today. Tomorrow off too the eye hospital in Chelmsford at 07:30 in the morning! :wtf: Not me, step f-i-l is getting his other cataract done. Got my sister coming over in the afternoon. Haven't seen her in ages, so looking forward to that. If my Step Dad is feeling better i'll get him over too. If the weathers good i'll chuck some grub on the BBQ, if not I have a hankering for some fish n chips from the chippie! Sunday pack the camper as we're away on monday for a few days...
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I'm currently sat on Lowestoft sea front, the weather is lovely, it really is superb
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

The ride back wasn't as nice as the ride there, roads were busy and part of the A1120 is closed near Dennington - diversion via Framlingham if anyone is thinking of riding to the Suffolk coast.

Oil and Filter changed on the Honda, used genuine Honda oil, filter and sump washer. The Honda oil filter wrench I bought is a thing of beauty.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:39 am I'm going to hope it doesn't rain as I'm heading down to the valley in a mo! Then back here probably to do more cross stitch or crochet!!

Sunday/Saturday - Weather dependant - possibility of a ride out with a guy I know from Bourg. Possibility of a ride to Chambery to a bike dealer that's having a 'weekender'!! They also sell Ducatis so might be able to help with the paperwork I need doing for the Monster :)

Not really anything else planned at all for now. Well, maybe a bit of paperwork that needs doing. Will probably head to the garage to try and tidy up and sort some of the stuff I have piled in there. Some is waiting for when I have the cat sit car next week so I can take some bigger stuff to the tip!!

Life is a bit boring up here in the interseason when it's not very nice weather!
turns out I got the dates wrong, it's next weekend :lol:

Still might head over to the dealer anyway - although as I rode back from the valley it rained and once I was home (luckily!) it snowed up here!!! :o :o

So it might be another duvet weekend :roll: :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Going to this tomorrow, as I miss my Guzzi.
Moto Guzzi Meet 2024.jpg
Moto Guzzi Meet 2024.jpg (189.99 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Even better, I have booked a test ride on the new Stelvio there. Will only be for an hour, and in a led group.

I can imagine the groups will head up to Relleu and back. A fantastic road, used by many manafacturers for their press launches.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Two days off due to rain and more rain so today is fit two days work into one. Pick up turf and deliver it. Saturday lay a lawn and try and catch up more work. Sunday i may work as also running out of time to sow seeds for an elderly neighbour who wants a bee garden, or i may not and go work on the camperbus.