Holibobs (only because i know some hate it ! ) where you off to ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Holibobs (only because i know some hate it ! ) where you off to ?

Post by weeksy »

So where you going this year then for some sun and relaxation ?

We've only got the one trip planned (Although Mrs Weeksy may have another one for her) and that's to Morzine. 11 days in the Alps, hitting Champery for the first few days for the boy to race the European Champs, then Morzine with @crust and @Couchy for the remainder, before a final day or two in Mid-France before getting home. It'll be semi-relaxing, semi-insane and hopefully lots of fun. We'll be taking tonnes of beers, tonnes of bikes and lots of smiles.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Holibobs (only because i know some hate it ! ) where you off to ?

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

We're going to Denmark soon...Mrs D is half Danish so we're doing a combined holiday and family visit.

Baby D doesn't want to go to Legoland. What kind of 6 year old doesn't want to go to Legoland? :hmmm:
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've a long weekend in Farnborough this weekend. That's about it really, nothing else planned.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Only thing booked currently is a 2 week sailing trip to Corfu, wife and I getting our RYA day skipper qualification.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:50 am We're going to Denmark soon...Mrs D is half Danish so we're doing a combined holiday and family visit.

Baby D doesn't want to go to Legoland. What kind of 6 year old doesn't want to go to Legoland? :hmmm:
The spawns and 7 year old grandspawn are not long back from Aarhus, highlight of the trip was the https://www.aros.dk/en/art/the-collecti ... -panorama/
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:12 am I've a long weekend in Farnborough this weekend.
Take an excursion to Aldershot.

It will feel like a week then :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Horse

Post by Horse »

A few days in Cumbria seeing friends
A few days in Bude, ditto
A week in France, ditto (albeit wife has dementia and will probably not remember us :( )

However, I'm retired, Filly retires this summer. And we now have the puppy. So lots and lots of opportunities for '3 Go ... ' jolly adventures :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I think I've had my holiday for the year!! The coldest 10 days I've ever had and the vow to be much more picky about who I spend time with!! :lol:

I'm hoping to have some time and petrol money to go see some friends over here this summer. Having the CB1000 to use will make that far more possible. Just have to see how far I can ride comfortably then see how many days I can do away :D

Start a three month course on 13th August, so don't think I'll be doing much after that date :(

But a trip to the Correze and maybe a bit further on is definitely on the list. Not sure I'll be able to do the Route de Napoleon this year (or on the CB1000) but we'll see :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:50 am We're going to Denmark soon...Mrs D is half Danish so we're doing a combined holiday and family visit.

Child is clearly defective, I’d ask for a warranty replacement. 😂
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Not booked yet but probably Crete in June.
Although I always go where the weather is, so I'll book last minute and if there's clouds over Greece I'll just fly somewhere further West.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've got a week in Corfu in June.

I picked Corfu cos I like the name.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

There's fuck all in Billund except Lego Land and The Lego House.

There's one bar on a back street full of locals and smoke.

I almost won a dodgy dice game, I don't think I'd have got out alive if I'd taken the jackpot.

The Lego hotel is cool, I stayed in a Pirate room.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'll post some pictures from one of my hols next week. :D

Prefer to spend most of the holiday money learning stuff, doing residential courses in nice places. Quite fancy doing a woad/'pastel'* dyeing course in a chateau in France - with side trips down memory lane via Brussels and Paris.

* Among the few natural sources of blue dye is a plant called isatis tinctoria –known as pastel in French and woad in English. Pigment derived from this plant can produce astonishing shades of blue.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 am I'll post some pictures from one of my hols next week. :D

Prefer to spend most of the holiday money learning stuff, doing residential courses in nice places. Quite fancy doing a woad/'pastel'* dyeing course in a chateau in France - with side trips down memory lane via Brussels and Paris.

* Among the few natural sources of blue dye is a plant called isatis tinctoria –known as pastel in French and woad in English. Pigment derived from this plant can produce astonishing shades of blue.
God damn hippy!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

If the weather ever breaks we'll start going away at least one weekend each month in the campervan. I'm taking most of August off and we're off to Nerja in Spain for a week for a holiday/look around. When we're back here we might go to Cornwall as the wife wants to go back again, but I fancy popping over to Normandy, couple of days in Le Touquet, Honfleur etc. But her Mum is 93 with worsening dementia, so Nerja aside as its paid for, most other plans are only pencilled in...
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 am

And my cousin's house :thumbup:

My Uncle (by marriage) lives in Copenhagen though, there's much more there.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 am
KungFooBob wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 am

And my cousin's house :thumbup:

My Uncle (by marriage) lives in Copenhagen though, there's much more there.
Now you tell me, I could have dropped in, there's fuck all else to do in Billund for three days in early March the week before Legoland opens.
Potter

Post by Potter »

cheb wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 am The spawns and 7 year old grandspawn are not long back from Aarhus...
I worked in Aarhus for a while, it's a nice place, quite trendy, very expensive but upmarket and I didn't mind the cost because it seemed to be reflected in my environment, but this was about fifteen years ago, so I hope it hasn't suffered the same fate as a lot of cities and succumbed to grottiness.
Potter

Post by Potter »

We don't do holidays anymore, we spend a lot of time travelling and for half the year we live over the road from the beach, so there is no appeal to go on a traditional beach holiday.

We were literally talking about it this morning whilst waking up and reading the news in bed, we used to enjoy European holidays, Tenerife, Mallorca, etc, especially when the kids were young and were all excited, but now it's just the two of us so a family holiday resort doesn't have much appeal to us.
It made us a bit sad to be honest, I'd love to turn the clock back and have two weeks away with the kids being young again and all of us super excited to be on a package holiday to Tenerife.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 am [I worked in Aarhus for a while, it's a nice place, quite trendy, very expensive but upmarket and I didn't mind the cost because it seemed to be reflected in my environment
That's Denmark in general :D

Grey skies, £7 beers, everyone's happy.