Happy NBD to me

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Taff

Happy NBD to me

Post by Taff »

Well, new to me that is. :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:

2023 Canyon Neuron, 140f/130r travel, fox suspension, SLX transmission, SRAM DB8 brakes. barely used by the original owner who is a roadie and didn't get on with off road.

This is going to be my cross countrying bike with the odd single track thrown in, essentially the riding I do when I really don't need to be on an eeb.

Last edited by Taff on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Happy NBD to me

Post by weeksy »

Pic ain't working for me, but congratulations!!
Taff

Post by Taff »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 pm Pic ain't working for me, but congratulations!!
It's it working now?
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Nice...👍
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yup. Working 😀
Taff

Post by Taff »

And too celebrate, I took the eeb for some proper slip n slide in some very wet Cornish forestry

mboy

Post by mboy »

Tidy bike that, those Neurons are great all rounders for most of the kind of riding that many of us do most of the time. Just enough bike to be not be limiting on the descents, not too much so that they are too limiting on the climbs… Nice tyres too! 😉

But why the non drive side pics?!?! First rule of posting a pic of your bike on the internet is to show the drive side!!!
Taff

Post by Taff »

I may well oblige with a different pic later 🥳

That's my logic of what I was looking for, shortish travel that's decent enough at climbing so that I can do decent milage rides taking in everything from forest road, bridleway and single-track when it's part of the route.
I'll still use the eeb for the more shuttle focused rides where I'm just running up and down the hill, or when I'm out with mates and the focus is on catching up and having fun, but 95% of my rides are solo doing my own thing at my own pace.

I took my old Ghost out last week, 26" wheels and 160mm of travel and climbs like it's got a 100kg boulder dragging behind it. All of my energy just seems to disappear for not a lot of forward momentum. More than 50% of that ride was spent in HR zone 4 and a decent chunk in zone 5.
And that was the final straw, I advertised it for sale as soon as I got home. It'll be a shame to see it go because it was my first full suss, but I've had it for 10 years and it's not doing what I want it to do.

I looked into loads of different bikes and I was narrowing it down to a stumpjumper or Cannondale habit, and the stumpy was leading until I saw this canyon and read the reviews - which universally sing it's praises as an excellent all rounder, good enough climbing and descending and will be waaaaay betterer than me on the trail 😂

I've been using the MTB fit app for quite a while and I think my legs are stronger than they've ever been, so let's take advantage and ditch the motor 🥳

https://mtb.fitness/
Taff

Post by Taff »

There you go @mboy drive side photo just for you 😊

Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Very nice .
Enjoy
Taff

Post by Taff »

1st ride completed yesterday, 20 miles in Cornwall doing some of the riding that this bike here to do, some touringy type stuff taking in as much off road as Komoot can find.
First impressions, it's very very comfortable and it accelerates and rolls like a road bike (nearly), and the climbing is ace which is the main thing that I wanted. There was a couple of hills that were mega steep and my head was saying 'I'm never going to make it to the top', but my legs kept on spinning and I was up and over the climbs. The contrast with the Ghost is incredible and I'm really going to enjoy this bike.

first thing to do this week is to get it booked in for wrapping.

Taff

Post by Taff »

First proper ride today at Cwmcarn. Fox & Tredz were doing a pop-up suspension set up and advice session. So I got the guys to twiddle the twiddlers and then rode the Twrch with mates. My god, that place is fckn hard work but I survived.

The forks were set a touch to hard and the longer rocky descents were pretty hard going, so much so that my shoulders were really screaming by the bottom, so back to fox and they dropped the pressure by 10psi as a starting point and gave me some pointers of where to go with it next.

super happy with the bike, not so much the HR :silent:

Taff

Post by Taff »

Nearly crying at this point in the climbs, and nowhere near the top 🤣🤣

Taff

Post by Taff »

First day out using the bike exactly what I bought it for, getting away from the dog show and doing some good milage

I thought that this would make a nice photo, but got distracted by the bubbles straight away. FFS I thought this was set up tubeless and there's no way a diddy little hole like that should be losing air, so I popped the tyre off to find virtually no flippin sealant in there. :roll:

Chuck a tube in, inflate and crack on. I obviously need to put a decent amount of sealant into both tyres when I get home.

Far too much of this ride looked like this and was flipping hard work, but still loads of fun 🥳🥳

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Where the heck did you ride! Came back from FoD earlier and bike is spotless
Taff

Post by Taff »

weeksy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:08 pm Where the heck did you ride! Came back from FoD earlier and bike is spotless
In your neck of the woods, so many paths either churned up by 4x4 & motorbikes or churned up by logging machines like this path.
Hard work at times but worth it 👍
Taff

Post by Taff »

Big day out in the Quantocks today. Even though we lived just up the road for 15 years or so I've never been there before, and today's ride wasn't the ride that I planned on doing but the opportunity was there so off I went.

18 miles and 3000ft if climbing and it was a tad warm 🥵🥵🥵.

My Garmin mount disintegrated on the first rocky decent so I was stopping every 5 mins to navigate which was a right pain in the arse and I think added about an hour to the ride time.

I'm deffo coming back here to explore the DH stuff that I passed.