Lurk no longer

Welcome to REVTOTHELIMIT. Your forum for all things MOTORBIKE. From Ducati to Yamaha, from Suzuki to KTM, from Dakar to WSB, MotoGP and BSB. Come in and talk motorbikes with us. We have racers, riders, trackdays, we have DAS instructors and coaches.
Noggin

Re: Lurk no longer

Post by Noggin »

Brickie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 am
By the way: South Somerset is us.
How far South? I'm an ex-Somerset girl, probably the middle bit I guess!! In between the posh bit and the hippy bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Brickie

Post by Brickie »

Langport, the so called heart of the levels. Very lovely when it isnt under 3 feet of water. Its got a tescos, a library and alsorts. We very cosmopolitan.

But good motorcyling- not a deal of traffic. Not far to the coast. No traffic lights for miles in any direction. And plenty crooked old codgers like me. You're liking the sound of that, no?

Potter: advice is bang on, but, if eating sets off stomach cramps, the more often you eat then ...... Time for me to stop whingeing.

But I miss getting out on the bike, and it'll be a while yet with the best will in the world
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Brickie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:40 pm Langport, the so called heart of the levels. Very lovely when it isnt under 3 feet of water. Its got a tescos, a library and alsorts. We very cosmopolitan.
:lol: I went to school in Wells, lived on a farm near Cranmore Tower for most of my childhood then down to West Pennard. Then worked in pubs in Wells and Shepton until I got proper jobs and ended up in Bristol!!

I learnt to ride bikes around Wells mostly - I learnt to be quick up the Bristol Hill out of Wells early on, the challenge was being quick down it too :D :D Cheddar Gorge was always a massive challenge - tourists vied with sheep to be the most annoying thing on the road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brickie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:40 pm But I miss getting out on the bike, and it'll be a while yet with the best will in the world
For very different reasons I empathise hugely with you. Hope you can get back out sooner than you expect x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Welcome!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Welcome Brickie :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I stayed in some accommodation made of straw bales in Langport a few years ago while on a motorcycling adventure. I had a great time. Obvs wasn't flooded.
Lockdown refugee